1 hour ago, Quoner said:

Why don't the Pirates have a name?

I thought it was uncouth to mention Pissburg...but since you inquired

200.gif

And while we're posting, it is sad to note that both the Yankees and the Pirates failed in their tasks of knocking off our rivals last night. They are starting to get too close for comfort. The Rangers must protect their lead and knock off the

Reds today.200.gif

Edited by EagleMBA

59 minutes ago, EagleMBA said:

I thought it was uncouth to mention Pissburg...but since you inquired

200.gif

And while we're posting, it is sad to note that both the Yankees and the Pirates failed in their tasks of knocking off our rivals last night. They are starting to get too close for comfort. The Rangers must protect their lead and knock off the

Reds today.200.gif

Thank you. I think this is just the boost PIT and NYY need - especially Starlin Castro, who could really do my a fantasy solid with more 2 homer nights this week. 

The 3376989.gif had a little something for the 200.gif today!

Unfortunately, the 200.gif handled   200.gif quite well.

Therefore, it is up to YU to quell the 200.gif today. I don't want to jinx the Rangers but they are off to a nice start. At this point in the season, the Marinaras and the ASStros are getting too close for comfort so I see tonight as a must-win to keep them at arm's length.

Great 9-0 win tonight over the tribe.

Hammels with a phenominal night on the mound...no runs on 2 hits.

Carlos Gomez with a 3 run bomb in the 2nd...in his first plate appearance for Texas.

Beltre with a 3 run bomb in the 5th.

Odor gets his 24th HR in the 8th.

Also..just now, the Giants' Matt Moore comes up 1 out short in the 9th for his first career no no vs LA.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Downvote 2

The Rangers needed that kind of performance to get back in sync. I hope there are more hits in those bats for the next three games. May the real Martin Perez show up tonight because we need to keep the pressure on the Marinaras and ASStros and pad our leads over them if we can.  After this Cleveland series, we have ten games in a row with either the Marinaras or the ASStros!

• Upvote 1

Well, the Rangers certainly shit the bed tonight. Blown out and lose a game off their leads on the Marinaras and ASStros. Oh well, shake it off...tomorrow is another day.

Still up 6 1/2 and 7 1/2 games, respectively.

3-4 against the Tribe to increase the lead to 3 games over the Tribe for best AL record, and, more importantly, 8.5 over both Seattle and Houston for the division. 

Anything more than one win in the next three against Seattle is gravy.  Need that one win. 

It would be really interesting to see the Ranger's records against teams over .500 vs under .500. 

Edited by UNT90

25 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

3-4 against the Tribe to increase the lead to 3 games over the Tribe for best AL record, and, more importantly, 8.5 over both Seattle and Houston for the division. 

Anything more than one win in the next three against Seattle is gravy.  Need that one win. 

It would be really interesting to see the Ranger's records against teams over .500 vs under .500. 

The Rangers have a bad (or good, depending on your perspective) habit of playing down to the competition. I apologize for not being able to finish this off with the stats. I bumped into them by accident a few days ago but I can't remember where. Seems like we were near or below .500 against the least competitive teams but over .600 against winning teams. If I find the stats again, I will post them.

Edited by EagleMBA

The Rangers triumph over the Indians in a nail biter! Dyson is going to give me a stroke before this season is over.

Meanwhile, the 200.gif thumped the 200.gif AND

the 200.gif messed up the 200.gif

We're up 8 1/2 games on both losers with head-to-head showdowns coming in the next 10 games. Let's do it!!

• Downvote 2

HWC!

Another nice night of run support for Darvish, who goes 6 2/3 giving up 3 runs.

9 1/2 game lead over Seattle, 8 1/2 over Houston.

Also,...Leonys Martin had an incredible catch stealing a HR away from Desmond.  Gotta be the highlight play of the day.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

On 8/28/2016 at 5:20 PM, UNT90 said:

The Fan just mentioned this number on the radio after one of the last two Indian wins, which was 54-27 against winning teams. I believe that was after Sunday's game, so 55-27 after last night. That's a 23-27 record against losing teams.

Also, now the Rangers have matched their season-high of 24 games over .500 at 78-54. This is after that number got all the way down to 13.

Edited by Matt from A700
  • Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Matt from A700 said:

The Fan just mentioned this number on the radio after one of the last two Indian wins, which was 54-27 against winning teams. I believe that was after Sunday's game, so 55-27 after last night. That's a 23-27 record against losing teams.

Also, now the Rangers have matched their season-high of 24 games over .500 at 78-54. This is after that number got all the way down to 13.

Good info.

Rick

BOOM!!!! Odor wins it with a walk off HR over Seattle tonight, making up for his base running error earlier.

Really strange game by Hammels, uses 9 pitches the first three innings then has to use 35 to get out of the fourth, blows it in the 5th.

Great come back win...twice in one game.  

8 1/2 lead over Houston, 10 1/2 over Seattle.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Downvote 2

9 hours ago, FirefightnRick said:

BOOM!!!! Odor wins it with a walk off HR over Seattle tonight, making up for his base running error earlier.

Really strange game by Hammels, uses 9 pitches the first three innings then has to use 35 to get out of the fourth, blows it in the 5th.

Great come back win...twice in one game.  

8 1/2 lead over Houston, 10 1/2 over Seattle.

Rick

Seattle is done. Win the Houston series and they are done, also.

Playoffs worry me with an offense that can be shut down by good pitching and only 2 reliable starters.

But on the flip side, all the Rangers do is destroy winning teams.

Such a weird, weird season. 

Edited by UNT90

12 hours ago, FirefightnRick said:

Probably stressful for Hammel knowing he has to pitch again tonight in Chicago. Not sure if any pitcher has carried such a strange workload before?

Last night sent Hamel from the top of the AL ERA leader board to second behind Quintana. Meanwhile, two guys with lower ERAs than Cole enjoying the NL are former Rangers propsects Tanner Roark and Kyle Hendricks. Be sure to thank Christian Guzman and Ryan Dempster for the memories next time you see them. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

It's a sweep of Seattle with a 14-1 win today.

Crappy Perez gets a gift spotted 8 runs and defeats King Felix.

Seattle went 8-0 with runners in scoring position against Perez.  Terrible.

Gomez with a Grand Slam. Beltre with a 2 run bomb and Odor with a 2 run and a three run bomb.

Thats how you make a statement.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

I know it's the wins that count more than the run differential but I hope the Rangers can at least make their mark respectable compared to their great record. With today's clobbering of the Mariners, they are +22 in runs this year, at 80-54. Cubs are more than +200 and the Nationals are +140.

Edited by Matt from A700