Playoff times have been announced for the first two games and boy am I pissed. I am a customer service representative (usher/bag checker/etc) for the Rangers and Game 1 will start at 3:38 p.m. and Game 2 at 12:08 p.m. (Thursday and Friday). I know a lot of fans are irate, as am I. I know a lot of people have already had to sell their tickets because the game times are impossible.

On 10/3/2016 at 6:22 PM, Matt from A700 said:

Playoff times have been announced for the first two games and boy am I pissed. I am a customer service representative (usher/bag checker/etc) for the Rangers and Game 1 will start at 3:38 p.m. and Game 2 at 12:08 p.m. (Thursday and Friday). I know a lot of fans are irate, as am I. I know a lot of people have already had to sell their tickets because the game times are impossible.

When there's multiple games played on the same day, one series is gonna get the early times.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

On 10/3/2016 at 8:22 PM, Matt from A700 said:

Really bad! That could have a dampening effect on our home-field advantage. The league has screwed us.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

8 hours ago, FirefightnRick said:

A friend of mine mentioned over a moth ago how he noticed Hamels and Darvish don't seem to be as sharp when pitching in the heat.  

Im starting to wonder if he's not right?

Rick

Better build the domed stadium so everyone is at a nice, comfortable 78 degrees.  Maybe Hamels and Darvish can pitch in t-shirts, khaki shorts and ugly shoes and socks. God forbid someone sweats or learns how to deal with the heat or sue someone else when their preparation includes playing video games inside instead of being outside acclimating.

Back on topic, this may be true FFR.  My rant above was a sarcastic shot at those that are always worried about the heat.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

21 minutes ago, FirefightnRick said:

And we find another way to lose the playoffs.  

Next year should we make the post season again we should consider starting the bullpen.  

But mostly....I'm hoping tonight's loss puts to death the silly subject of giving them a newer stadium.

Rick

They do need a new stadium, but in downtown Dallas. ;)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The Rangers choked. Plain and simple. When they actually did get a hit in this series, they never got any timely ones. Sad for Beltre, who didn't play well, and probably only have two seasons left. Rangers need to fix their pitching situation this offseason. The Blue Jays have four solid starters where the Rangers couldn't even get a good performance from their Top 2.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

15 minutes ago, Matt from A700 said:

The Rangers choked. Plain and simple. When they actually did get a hit in this series, they never got any timely ones. Sad for Beltre, who didn't play well, and probably only have two seasons left. Rangers need to fix their pitching situation this offseason. The Blue Jays have four solid starters where the Rangers couldn't even get a good performance from their Top 2.

I second that. Toronto shelled our three best starters and we left so many runners stranded in the last two games it was shameful. Banister and Daniels have some off-season work and personnel decisions to make. I really want to see Beltre get to the World Series again, he is a great player and that would top off his Hall of Fame career.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1