12 hours ago, Rudy said:

I see at least 2 off the top of my head that are recurring injuries, minus Hamilton. His body is just beat to hell at this point. There's not a one answer fits all. And you can't say what someone is doing wrong or right without all of the information.

But when you have guys repeatedly getting hurt, there's an issue and it's the staff's job to figure out what the issue is

Repeated injuries or same guys getting hurt with different injuries? And if you can't say all those things, why are you?

And Moreland does it again with a two run blast.

A sweep of KC.

Lucas Harrell, acquired from Atlanta gets his first win for Texas.  He's now 3-2 with a 3.38 era.

Dillon Gee from Cleburne, pitched 7 innings giving up 4 runs.  I work with his dad.  Several FF's bought a suite today to watch him pitch. 

A 6 game lead going into August is more than we could ever ask for.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

17 minutes ago, Censored by Laurie said:

also seeing Gallo's name in Johnathan Lucroy talks. Rangers also trying to get a reliever (hopefully Jeremy Jeffress) out of the deal. 

and...done deal...though it seems they pulled it off for Brinson and Ortiz. 

perhaps Gallo is headed to Tampa in a deal for Chris Archer...

2 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

I think Jeffress may wind up being the most important pick-up out of the 5 (so far).

I thought Tampa didn't have Archer on the table.

I've read a bunch how the Rays are really into Gallo...dangling Moore or Odorizzi for him. personally...I think hindsight will tell us that either would be a good deal, but my bet is JD would rather keeper Gallo or use his value to go after someone like Archer...try and leverage the Rays'  interest against themselves

Well that didn't go well tonight.  Proof good pitching overcomes good hitting most times.

For what ever reason we're not producing runs for Darvish.  The past 4 games  Texas has average 1.75 runs for him.  He's pitched well enough than his 2-3 record shows.

At least the Stros lost as well.

5.5 game lead.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

On ‎7‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 5:55 PM, Rudy said:

Yes.  and its the repeated setbacks on their injuries that are frustrating, but maybe that's just my kinesiology degree talking.

Have the same degree and have used it for over 20 years and I don't see the point you are trying to make.  Who specifically are you referring to regarding recurring injuries?  Fielder?  Not much you can do with a herniated disc in his neck.  It is the result of his swing, the same swing that earned him over $100 million.  Choo?  Again, it appears to be a disc issue, something that doesn't not gel with swinging sports like golf and baseball.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

40 minutes ago, FirefightnRick said:

Paper this morning says Choo admitted to mistake of shaking off so many of Lucroy's pitches he called yesterday.

Rick

Well that's a much bigger story than you realize if true. 

• Upvote 4

Unreal....Cole Hammels pitches his ass off after giving up 3 runs in the first and our newly vaunted lineup can't respond against a guy who was 2-8 going in.

Zach Britton..from our little baseball town here in Weatherford Texas, comes in with his league leading 0.60 era and shuts it down for his 33rd save of the year.

Baltimore looks to be the team to beat going into the last 3rd of the season.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Downvote 2

58 minutes ago, FirefightnRick said:

Unreal....Cole Hammels pitches his ass off after giving up 3 runs in the first and our newly vaunted lineup can't respond against a guy who was 2-8 going in.

Zach Britton..from our little baseball town here in Weatherford Texas, comes in with his league leading 0.60 era and shuts it down for his 33rd save of the year.

Baltimore looks to be the team to beat going into the last 3rd of the season.

Rick

I've noticed how we don't seem to get clutch hits lately. That is biting us in the ass, bigtime! I don't want to jinx us with the ASStros having three more outs, but I think they will lose to Toronto and we can hold our 5.5 game lead for another day.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1