MGB breaking news -- Dickenson named UNT acting AD

Brett Vito

On ‎6‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 7:09 AM, UNT90 said:

Fly and Ernie are thick as thieves. Fly did not want Rick Villarreal fired and thought he was doing a good job and expressed so on this board. It wasn't the "praise in public, criticize in private" crap that he and others always threw out. If that were the case, Fly would have just not said anything. He actively defended his friend RV very publicly on this forum. If you want to dig to find that mess, have at it.

There was clearly a power struggle that was somehow eventually won by Smatresk andhe c RV was fired. That is the reality of the situation. The fact that Fly and Ernie protected RV for so long throws a huge cloud of doubt on the whole "he doesn't accept losing" bullcrap being floated out there. He did accept losing because he cared more about RV than he did winning. 

Let's hope that never happens again.

Such convoluted theorizing on your part and so typical.  You claimed Ernie wanted RV to stay, Smatresk wanted him gone and that Ernie allowed this with the stipulations that he and his family get to pick the new AD and his grandson gets a scholarship.  I questioned this and your response was to check Fly's posts.  What does he have to do with any of this. 

Now you change gears again and throw out the response above that is full of accusations.  You have provided zero facts in support of your comments.  That is all I ask.  Show me once, just once, where Ernie said RV had to stay, where he had to be involved in the hiring of the new AD, etc....  Ernie, not Fly.

• Upvote 4

12 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Such convoluted theorizing on your part and so typical.  You claimed Ernie wanted RV to stay, Smatresk wanted him gone and that Ernie allowed this with the stipulations that he and his family get to pick the new AD and his grandson gets a scholarship.  I questioned this and your response was to check Fly's posts.  What does he have to do with any of this. 

Now you change gears again and throw out the response above that is full of accusations.  You have provided zero facts in support of your comments.  That is all I ask.  Show me once, just once, where Ernie said RV had to stay, where he had to be involved in the hiring of the new AD, etc....  Ernie, not Fly.

Well, that would be hard since Ernie has never commented publicly about it. Ernie is a huge donor. Ernie made Mac disappear (if you believe other people. You must, because I'm the only one you ever question). Ernie was on the BOR and has direct connections to the current BOR members. UNT is paying off the contract of Rick Villarreal and I would be willing to bet making sure he gets his 20 year state pension. 

Examine the evidence. That's what we do in these cases. Maybe Ernie finally came to the conclusion that RV couldn't get it done, but he was WAY late getting to that table. I think he still wants his little buddy taken care of with a state pension. 

Lazy, bad leadership can lead to a whole host of other problems. I hope a complete audit of the AD occurs when the new guy comes in, and I pray to God major issues aren't found.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 9

1 hour ago, UNT90 said:

Examine the evidence. That's what we do in these cases. Maybe Ernie finally came to the conclusion that RV couldn't get it done, but he was WAY late getting to that table. I think he still wants his little buddy taken care of with a state pension. 

A demand to examine evidence, followed by two sentences of pure speculation. 

Come on, I just took you off ignore when RV was let go. Go to the light 90...resist the dark side!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

2 hours ago, UNT90 said:

Well, that would be hard since Ernie has never commented publicly about it. Ernie is a huge donor. Ernie made Mac disappear (if you believe other people. You must, because I'm the only one you ever question). Ernie was on the BOR and has direct connections to the current BOR members. UNT is paying off the contract of Rick Villarreal and I would be willing to bet making sure he gets his 20 year state pension. 

Lazy, bad leadership can lead to a whole host of other problems. I hope a complete audit of the AD occurs when the new guy comes in, and I pray to God major issues aren't found.

Examine the evidence?  You have yet to produce any, just theories and speculation.  I question you about your comments on Kuehne and you respond that I should look at Fly's posts.  Ernie Kuehne is not the only person on the BOR.  RV is not Ernie's employee.  RV reports to the President of the university.  As GangGreen stated, you demand that we examine the evidence,  yet you only speculate.  Now you act like major issues are going to be uncovered by the new AD.  Again, pure speculation on your part because you have yet to produce a fact or a shred of evidence.

Who else has posted that Ernie made Mac disappear?  I don't recall anyone but you, but if you can produce other's comments, please feel free.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

44 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Examine the evidence?  You have yet to produce any, just theories and speculation.  I question you about your comments on Kuehne and you respond that I should look at Fly's posts.  Ernie Kuehne is not the only person on the BOR.  RV is not Ernie's employee.  RV reports to the President of the university.  As GangGreen stated, you demand that we examine the evidence,  yet you only speculate.  Now you act like major issues are going to be uncovered by the new AD.  Again, pure speculation on your part because you have yet to produce a fact or a shred of evidence.

Who else has posted that Ernie made Mac disappear?  I don't recall anyone but you, but if you can produce other's comments, please feel free.

We all know the AD was a joke the last several years. I said I pray major issues aren't found. When you have bad, lazy management, it is a breeding ground for bad, lazy employees. A complete lack of accountability leads to abuses by some. 

I hope an audit is done. It's needed after 15 years of the same leadership, anyway. Good leaders should do one at least every 5 years.

When was the last time the UNT AD underwent an audit?

If you don't get that Ernie is THE major contributor to UNT athletics, an ex BOR member, and has HUGE influence over AD decisions with multiple UNT power players, well, I just can't help you. The fact that he was in that position, RV was held unaccountable for a very long time, and RV is receiving a golden parachute of a pension should be all the evidence one needs. 

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 7

9 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

We all know the AD was a joke the last several years. I said I pray major issues aren't found. When you have bad, lazy management, it is a breeding ground for bad, lazy employees. A complete lack of accountability leads to abuses by some. 

I hope an audit is done. It's needed after 15 years of the same leadership, anyway. Good leaders should do one at least every 5 years.

When was the last time the UNT AD underwent an audit?

If you don't get that Ernie is THE major contributor to UNT athletics, an ex BOR member, and has HUGE influence over AD decisions with multiple UNT power players, well, I just can't help you. The fact that he was in that position, RV was held unaccountable for a very long time, and RV is receiving a golden parachute of a pension should be all the evidence on needs. 

True: Ernie is a major contributor to UNT athletics

True: Ernie is an ex-BOR member

Speculation: has HUGE influence over AD decisions with multiple UNT power players.

RV's Departure: I know you would prefer to kick him to the curb, but good business says to let him walk away with his dignity.  Reviewing what the athletic department looked like when he arrived, and where it is today says a lot.  Did he have his failures?  Sure.  Did he get lazy after Apogee was built and we got in to CUSA?  Sure.  But you can't ignore his accomplishments either.

You still like to dance around the facts, theorized to make your point and avoid direct questions relating to your posts.  I asked who else has made posts stating that Ernie made Mac disappear?  No answer.  In one post you state that Ernie wanted RV to stay.  I just asked where you heard/read that, no answer.  I asked again and then you state, "Well, that would be hard since Ernie never commented publicly about it." 

I reply to your posts because they are full of speculation, wild assed theories and crap you can't back up.

You wanted RV gone and he is, so just let it go and see what happens.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

15 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

True: Ernie is a major contributor to UNT athletics

True: Ernie is an ex-BOR member

Speculation: has HUGE influence over AD decisions with multiple UNT power players.

RV's Departure: I know you would prefer to kick him to the curb, but good business says to let him walk away with his dignity.  Reviewing what the athletic department looked like when he arrived, and where it is today says a lot.  Did he have his failures?  Sure.  Did he get lazy after Apogee was built and we got in to CUSA?  Sure.  But you can't ignore his accomplishments either.

You still like to dance around the facts, theorized to make your point and avoid direct questions relating to your posts.  I asked who else has made posts stating that Ernie made Mac disappear?  No answer.  In one post you state that Ernie wanted RV to stay.  I just asked where you heard/read that, no answer.  I asked again and then you state, "Well, that would be hard since Ernie never commented publicly about it." 

I reply to your posts because they are full of speculation, wild assed theories and crap you can't back up.

You wanted RV gone and he is, so just let it go and see what happens.

It was posted on here the other day. I'm not digging back through to find the post for you, do it yourself. I was hoping your (and others) fixation on me would end with RV's firing. Clearly I was wrong.

If you wait for 100% indisputable evidence about a college program on a message board, you are going to be waiting longer than RV was AD.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 10

On ‎6‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 9:53 AM, GRN-WHT said:

Ernie wanted to keep RV.

Smatresk wanted to fire RV.

Ernie allowed RV to be fired only if his family picks the new AD. And throw a scholarship for the 15 year old grandson in there too.

@UNT90 you were right.  You didn't make these claims.  You just chose to respond to my request for something to back up the above claims.  How about letting GRN-WHT do that, or are you one in the same?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

@UNT90 you were right.  You didn't make these claims.  You just chose to respond to my request for something to back up the above claims.  How about letting GRN-WHT do that, or are you one in the same?

Ya, I'm the type to have 2 accounts. I'd be accounting for half the posts on this site.

Moronic.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 9

2 hours ago, UNT90 said:

Ya, I'm the type to have 2 accounts. I'd be accounting for half the posts on this site.

Moronic.

Thank goodness you are posting on here.  Harry would have to shut r' down without you here to save the day.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

6 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Thank goodness you are posting on here.  Harry would have to shut r' down without you here to save the day.

And RV would still be AD if this site was made up of a bunch of your Lilly livered rear ends.  

Im smart enough to realize both of us are needed. Too bad you aren't. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 10

19 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Ahh, wondered when you would jump in with personal attacks.  You are so predictable.

Now you are just trolling. Unless you seriously believe being accused of defending RV is a personal attack. Lol.

Not to mention it's accurate. 

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 7

13 hours ago, UNT90 said:

Now you are just trolling. Unless you seriously believe being accused of defending RV is a personal attack. Lol.

Not to mention it's accurate. 

Your M.O. is hilarious.  If the roles were reversed, you would be calling people out for attacking you or namecalling.  Your passive aggressiveness towards those that disagree with your approach towards the AD or your opinion has become as predictable as the sun setting in the west.  

• Upvote 3

21 hours ago, UNT90 said:

UNT is paying off the contract of Rick Villarreal and I would be willing to bet making sure he gets his 20 year state pension. 

I think he still wants his little buddy taken care of with a state pension. 

@UNTLifer It really is hard being right all the time. According to Vito, this happened exactly as I feared it would. Hell, RV is on the payroll for another 15 months to make sure he gets to that coveted state retirement. 

Just another large piece of evidence to add to the puzzle.

1 hour ago, UNTLifer said:

Your M.O. is hilarious.  If the roles were reversed, you would be calling people out for attacking you or namecalling.  Your passive aggressiveness towards those that disagree with your approach towards the AD or your opinion has become as predictable as the sun setting in the west.  

Troll be trolling.

• Downvote 5