'17 QB Cade Pearson (Texas High) [LOI: NT]

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, UNT Mean Green said:

Have heard that it's pretty bad. Basically hear it's Morris, Fine, O'Hara, Shanbour, and Cason; and that the last 3 aren't close to the first 2.

If Fine can get up to about 200 pounds I would be very pleased to have him as QB for 4 years. Kid can absolutely sling it and from all indications from camp he's showing that ability pretty regularly

• Upvote 1

I think I know the answer to this, but I will ask it.. If we were to red-shirt Fine, is he able to still practice during the year(I'm assuming he would be able to, just not play in a game unless we burn his RS)..

As much as I would like to have Fine RS and have him start 4 years nonstop, it would be nice if we he were able to play and we knew for sure next year he was our QB for the next 3/4 years

14 minutes ago, baberuthbomber8 said:

I think I know the answer to this, but I will ask it.. If we were to red-shirt Fine, is he able to still practice during the year(I'm assuming he would be able to, just not play in a game unless we burn his RS)..

As much as I would like to have Fine RS and have him start 4 years nonstop, it would be nice if we he were able to play and we knew for sure next year he was our QB for the next 3/4 years

You are correct. Redshirt means you can still practice and workout with the team, just can't step on the field during game days to play. Every indication so far from camp is that he is the QB of the future unless Pearson can come in and dethrone him. Which should be fun to watch. Both guys can sling it, and both have some decent speed too

2 hours ago, MGNation92 said:

You are correct. Redshirt means you can still practice and workout with the team, just can't step on the field during game days to play. Every indication so far from camp is that he is the QB of the future unless Pearson can come in and dethrone him. Which should be fun to watch. Both guys can sling it, and both have some decent speed too

Thanks for confirming that.

I do like the idea of having them compete for the title "QB of the Future."

On 8/12/2016 at 3:23 PM, MGNation92 said:

He would more than likely get reps with the twos and run the scout team for our defense.  If that were the case.  That way should something crazy happen and we need to burn his redshirt so he can play, he is still getting all the work he needs to be as ready as possible. 

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, TheReal_jayD said:

I dont think any qb Mac signed could have put up 300 yards and 3 td against bishop lynch much less 450 and 5 lol ill take it 

No argument there. This kid is the real deal.  Just wanted to throw that out there.  I have no doubt he'll do something pretty close to this to most teams he faces. 

• Upvote 1

TEXARKANA — Cade Pearson passed for two touchdowns to lead Texas High past Arkansas High, 37-7, on Friday night at Tiger Stadium.

Texas High improved to 2-0 with the win.

Pearson, a North Texas commit, completed 16 of 24 attempts for 197 yards in the win. Quan Hampton caught eight passes for 132 yards, including a 67-yard touchdown.

Read More: Cade Pearson + Texas High Dominate Arkansas High | http://etsn.fm/cade-pearson-texas-high-dominate-arkansas-high/?trackback=tsmclip

• Upvote 2