'19 QB Will Kuehne (Owasso)

13 minutes ago, Green Lantern said:

Hey @TheReal_jayD How do we feel about him at this point? Is he good possibility for us? Would really love to get a QB commit for the 19’ class and Kuehne looks like a great fit.

I think Will is a baller and has that IT factor when talking about Quarterbacks. I know Seth has been very high on him since they first time he watch him throw. I would say without a shadow of a doubt he is the highest rated QB on our board. And that is even before some of the recent commitments. He would be a great addition. I have not spoke to him. But I like our chances. We had success last time we went across the red river to get a QB maybe lighting can strike twice.

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, TheReal_jayD said:

I think Will is a baller and has that IT factor when talking about Quarterbacks. I know Seth has been very high on him since they first time he watch him throw. I would say without a shadow of a doubt he is the highest rated QB on our board. And that is even before some of the recent commitments. He would be a great addition. I have not spoke to him. But I like our chances. We had success last time we went across the red river to get a QB maybe lighting can strike twice.

Great insight! Thanks!

I really hope we can lock him up. Putting a baller QB on board early in recruiting coupled with the offensive firepower already committed to us in the 19’ class could set up unprecedented momentum. I know in browsing Twitter that we’re in on some other studs. This class is really shaping up nicely.

I was one of the guys that after year 1 said we weren’t recruiting at a CUSA championship level. This looks like the makings of the class to make me happily eat crow.

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1

23 hours ago, Harry said:

Look the trend here is you can be a recruiter that gets stars or you can be a good evaluator of talent regardless of stars.  Seth seems to excel at evaluating players regardless of rankings, Frank Wilson is better at loading up on the higher star guys.

Well said...

Time will tell, but I'm becoming a believer....

• Lovely Take 1

5 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Loved Griffin and still bummed we lost him, but Kuehne is a very nice consolation.  Glad he's gonna be a December grad, so he'll have this Spring to learn.  Not sure he'll beat out Martin or even Pearson for the backup role though.

Hope he redshirts year one.

On 6/4/2016 at 10:42 AM, MeanGreen1984 said:

Staff is doing some serious projecting with this offer.  

Kid played Freshman/JV ball last year.  He is likely the backup QB this year, to a kid that will only be a Junior.  The C/O 2018 kid that he is behind started as a freshman when Starkel got hurt in 2014 then was the team's leading WR as a sophomore in 2015.  Moved back to QB in spring.

Yup, looks like they're pretty good at evaluating huh??

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1