'19 QB Will Kuehne (Owasso)

Even if, worst case, this is purely a good ole boy move to placate a big donor then it just means SL is smart enough to play the game.

Dickey never had that touch, and there is no doubt in my mind that if he had it he would have survived the year and a half that got him fired.  He definitely would have had at least another year (with improving health) to try and turn the ship around.  

SL seems to have a good start on recruiting.  If he can prepare players like Dickey did and glad handle, he maybe the golden ticket.  

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

On 6/5/2016 at 11:48 PM, GMG24 said:

I wouldn't be so sure. 

Reading everything, its not because the kid is not talented, its because he is fighting for a job vs. another very talented QB that was playing/backing up Stackel... I watched his game tape, and he can play

Also, I doubt that this is an offer made by RV.. The kids tape shows he is talented and can play, even as a freshman. At worst the kid comes in and is just another body at QB, but if he explodes and becomes a big deal this could be a HUGE get for UNT or they lose him to another big program. Honestly, I think all of us and the AD would be okay with wasting 1 scholarship on this kid if he a bust if grandpa forks over a few million, wouldnt  you?

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, baberuthbomber8 said:

Reading everything, its not because the kid is not talented, its because he is fighting for a job vs. another very talented QB that was playing/backing up Stackel... I watched his game tape, and he can play

Also, I doubt that this is an offer made by RV.. The kids tape shows he is talented and can play, even as a freshman. At worst the kid comes in and is just another body at QB, but if he explodes and becomes a big deal this could be a HUGE get for UNT or they lose him to another big program. Honestly, I think all of us and the AD would be okay with wasting 1 scholarship on this kid if he a bust if grandpa forks over a few million, wouldnt  you?

Bingo!

The kid has some ability for sure.  He looks like he will have good size, he can sling it around pretty well, and can even run a little.  And maybe Littell and staff have seen enough to feel comfortable with projecting what the kid will be.  Obviously there's some other factors in play as well. 

He isn't the starter because the other kid has proven himself at the varsity level as a freshman and is a better player at this point.  And "meangreencoach" the other kid isn't the QB because his dad wants him to be the QB (if anything you just described Kuehne) he is the QB because he's good

On June 8, 2016 at 10:28 PM, RushnStudies said:

Actually, it's growing. It ain't what it could be, or should be, yet, but they've gotten a few bigger kids lately.

They've got a couple 240ish.  From what I've been told though they have a freshman that we should keep an eye on for the future.  

They also have a DE from I believe Nigeria that will be a sophomore and is 6'6" 225 that played football for the first time on their JV last year.  One parent told me he is an absolute freak...a basketball player that may have found his true calling.  

17 hours ago, MeanGreen1984 said:

They've got a couple 240ish.  From what I've been told though they have a freshman that we should keep an eye on for the future.  

They also have a DE from I believe Nigeria that will be a sophomore and is 6'6" 225 that played football for the first time on their JV last year.  One parent told me he is an absolute freak...a basketball player that may have found his true calling.  

The young man from Nigeria, if football "clicks" with him, will be a beast. They've got a few newish o-linemen who are pretty big; one of them's got to be over 250 and maybe 6'4" or 5".

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Was told this morning that Kuehne will get to start tomorrow in Liberty's first round playoff game.  Kuehne had played WR and Safety all year but the starting QB was injured in final regular season game.  Kuehne did lead team on final drive of that game which resulted in a game winning FG as time expired. 

Liberty's first round opponent is Bishop Dunne, so Kuehne will get a chance to prove himself vs the best.  Dunne has the following players on their defense;

DT Damion Daniels- https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/13328

DT Calvin Avery- https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/13565

DT Malex Fuget- https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/maple/188066

LB Paul Favorite- https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/16880

LB Shane Hailey- https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/16910

DB Chevin Calloway- https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/139

DB Brian Williams- http://247sports.com/Player/Brian-Williams-91902    (He's 247's #1 ranked player in TX class of 2019...#3 in the country)

DB Caleb Biggurs- https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/16908

Along with Juniors Roscoe Jones (DE) and Anthony McClinton (S/LB) that are receiving interest.

Good chance to show what he can do against one of the more stacked defenses in the state.

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, Cooley said:

Seems to have a nice frame to add weight. Maybe a good prospect in 3 years.

Not saying it isn't possible for him to bulk up, but he's been trying to do that for a while. He's lean and lithe. Great for a scrambler but not necessarily for a pocket passer when the line collapses. He's proven himself to be able to take hits so far.

On 11/18/2016 at 1:31 PM, Cooley said:

If you are referring to Kuehne, he was under duress all night long. Threw a critical pick, lost a fumble, intentional grounding etc. 

Seems to have a nice frame to add weight. Maybe a good prospect in 3 years.

I thought you had one at Dunne?  I hit send before I was done and didn't catch it.  I was checking for your thoughts on Keuhne and how your family member played. 

• 6 months later...

I was at the camp.    Will had a very good camp as well as other Liberty prospects, 174 grant sawyer and a corner Colin Gamble did very well.

I believe Keuhnes height was 6 foot and 3/4 inches. Nice height considering UNT usually measures about a half inch short. I believe sawyer was 6 foot 2 and 185.

Will would have been the starter at Libery no questions asked. Far superior to anything that is on campus There.

From what I understand, he is a good student and wants to graduate in December of 2018 and early graduation is not an option at Liberty. 

It seems he might have gone to Owasso to play for exTulsa head coach Bill Blankenship. I also hear he beat out 7 other QBS and is the starter heading into the summer on ateam that has an Ohio State and KansasState committ

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, xyresic said:

The former Liberty starter at QB transferred to Argyle this year in hopes of getting more recruiting attention. Will transferred because it was a better football school than Liberty rather than competition.

Why does his recruiting sheet in his Tweet above stated Owasso?

• Downvote 1

6 hours ago, xyresic said:

The former Liberty starter at QB transferred to Argyle this year in hopes of getting more recruiting attention. Will transferred because it was a better football school than Liberty rather than competition.

Why would Will need more football exposure. Doesn't he already have a D1 scholarship offer?

7 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Why does his recruiting sheet in his Tweet above stated Owasso?

He transferred HSs from Liberty to Owasso

2 hours ago, TreeFiddy said:

Why would Will need more football exposure. Doesn't he already have a D1 scholarship offer?

it was said that Will is trying to be a DEC grad like Cade was, and people believe Liberty doesn't allow for that. 

49 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

He transferred HSs from Liberty to Owasso

it was said that Will is trying to be a DEC grad like Cade was, and people believe Liberty doesn't allow for that. 

Not people believe, it's true. I have a buddy who coaches there. That's why he left.

11 hours ago, TreeFiddy said:

Because as you can read from this board, we are not fans of single offer kids. Maybe he wants to pad his offer list so some around here will accept him as a "good" recruit.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1