Game Times are Set!

MGNation92

4 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

Mostly night/late afternoon games at home. Nothing earlier than 4:30. I can dig it

I don't know if the conference TV partners have made any announcements on which games will be covered and whether that will affect any of the game times.

AGAIN! The AD keeps shooting itself in the foot!

http://www.meangreensports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/060316aaa.html

NOTE: One hour after my original post, I see they have now corrected the page. I printed off the original version and have the email to prove it happened, as below:

" Littrell and the Mean Green wrap up the regular season on Saturday, Nov. 26 in El Paso against UTEP, whom North Texas defeated in 2015 at Apogee Stadium in Denton, 30-23 for the team's lone victory. "

Edited by EagleMBA
  • Upvote 4

FOOTBALL

North Texas Releases Kickoff Times for 2016 Home Games

The Mean Green Kick Off the 2016 Season at 6 pm CT Against SMU on Sept. 3

DENTON – The kickoff times for all 2016 home games for the North Texas Mean Green have all been selected, the program announced on Friday afternoon. The season’s home opener and head coaching debut for Seth Littrell will be at 6 p.m. CT on Saturday, Sept. 3 at Apogee Stadium, when the Mean Green host rival SMU. Conference USA will release a full television schedule at a later date, and kickoff times for road games will also be announced later.

The SMU Mustangs visit Denton for the first time since 2014, when the Mean Green won 43-6 to open their home schedule.

Football Championship Subdivision opponent Bethune-Cookman travels to North Texas to battle the Mean Green the following week; Saturday, Sept. 10, also at 6 p.m. Kickoff times for road games at Florida on Sept. 17 and Rice on Sept. 24 to open the Conference USA slate have still yet to be determined.

North Texas returns to Apogee Stadium to host conference foes Middle Tennessee and Marshall on Saturday, Oct. 1 and Saturday, Oct. 8, respectively. The games against the Blue Raiders and Thundering Herd will each kick off at 6 p.m.

Following a bye week on Oct. 15, North Texas hits the road for a non-conference bout against Army on Saturday, Oct. 22 in West Point, New York. The Mean Green then return to the state of Texas to head to San Antonio to take on the UTSA Roadrunners on Saturday, Oct. 29 at the Alamodome, whom North Texas defeated in 2015 at Apogee Stadium in Denton, 30-23 for the team’s lone victory.

The Mean Green host their homecoming game on Saturday, Nov. 5 when they welcome the Louisiana Tech Bulldogs to Denton for a conference battle at 4:30 p.m. After a Nov. 12 trip to Bowling Green, Kentucky, to take on Western Kentucky, North Texas concludes its home schedule on Saturday, Nov. 19 against Southern Miss, also at 4:30.

Littrell and the Mean Green wrap up the regular season on Saturday, Nov. 26 in El Paso against UTEP.

Fans are encouraged to follow along with Mean Green Football on social media throughout the season. Get live updates during games on Twitter @MeanGreenFB, or look for updates and photos on Facebook at Facebook.com/MeanGreenFB. Fans can also log on to MeanGreenSports.com for full game recaps and the latest news on the football program.

jordan stepp

12 minutes ago, EagleMBA said:

" Littrell and the Mean Green wrap up the regular season on Saturday, Nov. 26 in El Paso against UTEP, whom North Texas defeated in 2015 at Apogee Stadium in Denton, 30-23 for the team's lone victory. "

WOMP WOMP

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, GMG24 said:

WOMP WOMP

My goodness. First of all, why would your own athletic department promote a "lone victory." And secondly, how in the heck do you not get who that "lone victory" was correct. 

*Understand, the same athletic department personnel are all still there. 

*Also, still no complaints about the times of games this upcoming season. Pretty stoked about them honestly. 

I guess having a former Cincy DL writing about a school I can almost guarantee he doesn't care about allows this kind of stuff to happen. Over. And over. And over. And over. 

Edited by Ben Gooding
  • Upvote 1

Not only did they put up the erroneous information on Meangreensports...I just received an email with the exact same faulty crap.

3eA2qMp.jpg

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, EagleMBA said:

Not only did they put up the erroneous information on Meangreensports...I just received an email with the exact same faulty crap.

3eA2qMp.jpg

They just sent out an edit -- let's cut em some slack ok?  It's Friday and you should have a beer instead. 

Just now, Harry said:

They just sent out an edit -- let's cut em some slack ok?  It's Friday and you should have a beer instead. 

This can be smoothed over...but it will require TWO Shiners ...in cans!

• Upvote 5

33 minutes ago, Harry said:

Honestly, I'm good with letting a small thing go here and there.  But when there's a little thing every...single...fricking...time.  Well, they add up.

It got instilled in me early in the accounting career that even if you make a typo that is entirely inconsequential to the outcome of a return, it can still leave the customer with the perception that if you missed this little thing, what bigger things might you have missed?

Edited by oldguystudent
  • Upvote 7

18 minutes ago, oldguystudent said:

Honestly, I'm good with letting a small thing go here and there.  But when there's a little thing every...single...fricking...time.  Well, they add up.

It got instilled in me early in the accounting career that even if you make a typo that is entirely inconsequential to the outcome of a return, it can still leave the customer with the perception that if you missed this little thing, what bigger things might you have missed?

My first boss out of college had many folksy sayings. I can hear him now when even a tiny, tiny error or typo was made..."Can you be just a little bit pregnant? Either it is correct or not."

1 hour ago, Harry said:

No sir...they do not get some slack...this shiatt happens constantly...how hard is it to double check shiatt??? Was the guy in a hurry to start the weekend or what? Tough shit...you have one effing job...send out a correct email with good information and they can't do that!!!  Are they gonna blame the CBS company that sent out the wrong email earlier in the year???....shit! This is sad...

Sorry for my few bad words for poop...just disappointed again...

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, UNTFan23 said:

I don't know if the conference TV partners have made any announcements on which games will be covered and whether that will affect any of the game times.

They haven't. We could end up with a Thursday night game or a noon kick in September when that happens  

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

9 minutes ago, filmerj said:

I understand that SID is brand new. I think he's the guy that replaced poppy. I mean like two weeks brand new.

I know you work for the AD now, and I know how dedicated you are to both your craft and UNT athletics.  Please know that I know that people like you working in the AD give me hope for the future.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, EagleMBA said:

NOTE: One hour after my original post, I see they have now corrected the page. I printed off the original version and have the email to prove it happened, as below:

Good lord. The AD doesn't even remember the lone win last year. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3