Great Ambassador for the Mean Green

Cr1028

We need to quit beating around the bush with this guy and somebody needs to pull some strings and get him a job in the new AD. He could do just about anything the AD needed. 

*Also, a little off subject, but season tickets worth X amount need to be hand delivered by someone on the coaching staff, preferably Seth Littrell or Harrell. Granted in the DFW area. That is a way to get a little spike in MGC membership and season ticket sales. 

• Upvote 4

30 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

We need to quit beating around the bush with this guy and somebody needs to pull some strings and get him a job in the new AD. He could do just about anything the AD needed. 

*Also, a little off subject, but season tickets worth X amount need to be hand delivered by someone on the coaching staff, preferably Seth Littrell or Harrell. Granted in the DFW area. That is a way to get a little spike in MGC membership and season ticket sales. 

Bingo!  Have Marcus make the deliveries. You just created a job! GMG

• Upvote 4

Oh that is simply a summer thing for him to do in order to drive up MGC memberships.  I would have him in control of member relationships along with High school relationships.  Notice how the summer time he will be dealing more with MGClub members and season time he deals with High schools which can help with recruiting

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, MEANGREENCOACH2 said:

Oh that is simply a summer thing for him to do in order to drive up MGC memberships.  I would have him in control of member relationships along with High school relationships.  Notice how the summer time he will be dealing more with MGClub members and season time he deals with High schools which can help with recruiting

This would work. I think he could do a good job at this. 

• Upvote 1

I would start him out at 50k base salary with incentives.

The incentives would be completely dependent on MGClub memberships.  Any time somebody that he goes and visits recruits or refers another MGClub future member some type of bonus pay structure would take place.  Those bonuses would also differ depending on the level that the future member donates at.  (I hope this makes sense)  Basically he has 2 seasonal jobs.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, MEANGREENCOACH2 said:

I would start him out at 50k base salary with incentives.

The incentives would be completely dependent on MGClub memberships.  Any time somebody that he goes and visits recruits or refers another MGClub future member some type of bonus pay structure would take place.  Those bonuses would also differ depending on the level that the future member donates at.  (I hope this makes sense)  Basically he has 2 seasonal jobs.

It makes sense. He has seasonal jobs that are very similar in nature with a decent base pay with room to add significant contributions to based on performance. These are the kinds of things that have needed to have been going on within the AD for years. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

14 hours ago, UNTexas said:

Maybe RV will not collect a buy out, since he loves UNT so much, and free up money for positions for outstanding former student athletes that would surely make UNT better?

No, that's what happens when someone really resigns...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

Just now, Ben Gooding said:

Very, very true. We'll soon see how voluntary this move really was. 

It wasn't. At all. You don't get paid to go away unless you are getting paid to go away. 

People who "retire" simply leave the remainder of the contract with the employer. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

5 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

It wasn't. At all. You don't get paid to go away unless you are getting paid to go away. 

People who "retire" simply leave the remainder of the contract with the employer. 

I understand that. I haven't heard buyout numbers on RV yet. If it doesn't halpen then he actually agreed to resignation. If  a buyout comes out of the backend of this then he was being his usual lying self when he was interviewed on the matter after the news broke. 

21 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

I understand that. I haven't heard buyout numbers on RV yet. If it doesn't halpen then he actually agreed to resignation. If  a buyout comes out of the backend of this then he was being his usual lying self when he was interviewed on the matter after the news broke. 

It was announced that UNT is buying out the last 2 years. How much of those 2 years is the only question. See the 3rd paragraph below:

http://www.dentonrc.com/local-news/local-news-headlines/20160523-rick-villarreal-steps-down-as-unt-athletic-director.ece

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Just now, UNT90 said:

It was announced that UNT is buying out the last 2 years. How much of those 2 years is the only question. See the 3rd paragraph below:

http://www.dentonrc.com/local-news/local-news-headlines/20160523-rick-villarreal-steps-down-as-unt-athletic-director.ece

Oh, well this was 100% firing and it needs to be stated he is being fired by anyone and everyone that brings this up. This was not mutual. This was Prez telling him to kick rocks. 

13 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

Oh, well this was 100% firing and it needs to be stated he is being fired by anyone and everyone that brings this up. This was not mutual. This was Prez telling him to kick rocks. 

Hopefully, being allowed to say he  "resigned" saved UNT some cash.  That should have been negotiated. Hopefully, they didn't just let him do that because "he is such a good guy." This is a business. 

Hopefully @Brett Vito is on the FOI request to get info. Wouldn't be surprised if UNT stonewalls him. 

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2