What is the trick to not have these fall off? I know there are vent mounts but in the summer it will block some of the cold air hitting me, and in the winter would fry the phone with my blaring the heat.

There are CD mounts, but I dont even have a cd player, got that bluetooth/aux aftermarket radio ftw

that leaves the suction cup type mounts, but all 2 i have ever had always fell off. I cleaned the suction cup, i cleaned the window. And they have lasted like 3 days tops.

I mean what is the deal with that?!?!

rpvixzqfsyqgehbied6m.jpg

13 hours ago, NCSU2008 said:

What is the trick to not have these fall off? I know there are vent mounts but in the summer it will block some of the cold air hitting me, and in the winter would fry the phone with my blaring the heat.

There are CD mounts, but I dont even have a cd player, got that bluetooth/aux aftermarket radio ftw

that leaves the suction cup type mounts, but all 2 i have ever had always fell off. I cleaned the suction cup, i cleaned the window. And they have lasted like 3 days tops.

I mean what is the deal with that?!?!

rpvixzqfsyqgehbied6m.jpg

Looking to buy your first one?

• Upvote 3

46 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

I dunno, but I would definitely not recommend using a cell phone mount for your new gun.

No no, you get a cell phone mount that attaches to a picatinny rail and then you mount the phone on the gun.

ETA: Sweet Baby Jesus, they exist:

p9ufKdN.jpg

Edited by Cerebus
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Cerebus said:

No no, you get a cell phone mount that attaches to a picatinny rail and then you mount the phone on the gun.

p9ufKdN.jpg

This is highly effective...just DO NOT take a selfie!

Edited by EagleMBA
  • Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Censored by Laurie said:

just as our founding fathers envisioned 

Yeah, they probably never imagined the internet or college football forums... and if they could had imagined dank memes they probably would have just scrapped the whole first amendment.  

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, Cerebus said:

p9ufKdN.jpg

13 hours ago, EagleMBA said:

This is highly effective...just DO NOT take a selfie!

I wonder if having your phone exposed to a large amount of recoil might cause problems...

• Upvote 1

Also.. I suppose Washington, Jefferson, Franklin, et. al. had firearms but I doubt they carried one with them all the time when they walked around town.  I doubt that was their intent when passing the 2nd amendment..  Probably more about providing protection from  Indians, hunting food, invasions, dictatorial government, and protecting one's home. Times have changed.  Darn liberals even let women vote now... 

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

29 minutes ago, SCREAMING EAGLE-66 said:

Also.. I suppose Washington, Jefferson, Franklin, et. al. had firearms but I doubt they carried one with them all the time when they walked around town.  I doubt that was their intent when passing the 2nd amendment..

They also couldn't carry around access to THE SUM TOTAL OF HUMAN KNOWLEDGE around in their pockets either.  If they did, they could have easily looked up this quote:

"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks." —Thomas Jefferson, letter to Peter Carr, 1785 

Snopes on this letter.

31 minutes ago, SCREAMING EAGLE-66 said:

Probably more about providing protection from  Indians, hunting food, invasions, dictatorial government, and protecting one's home. 

Shooting your government dead if they got out hand was the one and only reason the second amendment is in place.  Not hunting.  Not Native Americans.  Not even self or home defense.  Shooting your government.    The founding fathers had just done it.  They strongly approved of future generations keeping the government they had just founded in check by doing the same.  Anti 2A people will try to paint you like a crazy mad man if you bring this point up, but the fact is that our nation was founded by people who felt it was necessary to kill their government.

• Upvote 4

Cerebus .. I agree .... We need to remember in that era nearly all countries had Royal families [ ie. near dictatorships ]  Britain with a Parliament may have been the closest to what the USA created but it wasn't really very close then... The King and royalty still had great power then...and France was still a few years away from overthrowing their royal family..    I find it odd that many consider our forefathers conservatives..... they made unheard of changes in government... these guys were not conservative...  Real conservatives ( Tories then)  didn't like much change.. The signers of the Constitution likely felt our system would be hard to keep especially with an unarmed public. The 2nd amendment wasn't put in so people could carry a gun around with them to stores and where-ever ... it was mostly about trying to keep a democratic system... The other "items" mentioned were  probably issues as well but not the BIG one. 

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66

2 hours ago, Cerebus said:

They also couldn't carry around access to THE SUM TOTAL OF HUMAN KNOWLEDGE around in their pockets either.  If they did, they could have easily looked up this quote:

Snopes on this letter.

Shooting your government dead if they got out hand was the one and only reason the second amendment is in place.  Not hunting.  Not Native Americans.  Not even self or home defense.  Shooting your government.    The founding fathers had just done it.  They strongly approved of future generations keeping the government they had just founded in check by doing the same.  Anti 2A people will try to paint you like a crazy mad man if you bring this point up, but the fact is that our nation was founded by people who felt it was necessary to kill their government.

For our NSA friends, that is spelled C-E-R-E-B-U-S.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1