'17 WR Tariq Woolen (Arlington Heights) [Verbal: UTKFC]

GMG24

Has an official visit to UTSA on 12/9 per rivals. According to a  rivals report that he liked it is between Houston, UTSA, and UNT. His 247 picture is still him in UNT. Hopefully he was watching the game tonight. Lots of stretching the field in the first half and some sick new helmets to boot. Still holding out hope!

I'd like to think the staff was smart enough to bring in all possibly recruits that they have a real chance at getting tonite.. Also, it may have helped to bring him in not because of the game, or the gameplan, or even the helmets... but because of the 2 WRs that were forced to sit out... 

It shows to the parents SL will hold the players accountable, but it will also show that a Walk-On Freshman WR can come in start here possibly if you work hard enough.

• 3 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, bstnsportsfan3 said:

SON OF A .... WHY CANT WE BEAT UTSA FOR RECRUITS? 

That is a good question. We need to step it up big time, though! Do we have recruiting coordinators? I think we need to re-evalutate how we are going after recruits.

It doesnt appear to be working. Hope we can turn it around.

7 hours ago, Caw Caw said:

UTSA snagged three recruits today. The other two were from Palomar JC, a tight end and a corner. They didn't have other offers from what I saw.

One of those commits was a former Clemson player (the corner from believe) 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

Idk tweet the kid and ask... but The river walk, better night life, close to Austin and Houston.. also, somewhat close to home but not to close. 

Along with UTSA playing in a dome and having a player drafted last year, couldn't hurt.

Nope. And the River Walk? are you kidding me? I'd rather walk down Wycliff and Lemmon in Dallas.

Their Stadium is a shit show and their education is a strait joke. We have three Studs in the NFL that actually make an impact. Its all about the Coach and what he is offering these kids. I wouldn't say there is much that UTSA has to offer.

If we went solely on Amenities, education and city, we would have recruits lined out the door and Im not saying this because Im a homer, I am saying this because its true. Our stuff is top notch. Not to mention our campus is actually safe and not a poisonous rotting modern day Gotham City.

• Upvote 5

24 minutes ago, Withers940 said:

Nope. And the River Walk? are you kidding me? I'd rather walk down Wycliff and Lemmon in Dallas.

Their Stadium is a shit show and their education is a strait joke. We have three Studs in the NFL that actually make an impact. Its all about the Coach and what he is offering these kids. I wouldn't say there is much that UTSA has to offer.

If we went solely on Amenities, education and city, we would have recruits lined out the door and Im not saying this because Im a homer, I am saying this because its true. Our stuff is top notch. Not to mention our campus is actually safe and not a poisonous rotting modern day Gotham City.

Growing up everyone wanted to give off to school, and growing up here these kids have done that at stuff before. We can say we have 3 studs but it's more like 2 with the LBs but they were undrafted. UTSA had a guy drafted and they have that over us, also Wilson can talk about all the guys he has put into the NFL as well plus the LSU RB as well.

another thing that helped, was LSU/UTSA satellite camps. The big names being paired together helped. Also, the stadium maybe trash but the recruits are ushered and controlled with where they go so they don't see it. 

I go to UNT now, but have we already forgotten about the kid killed by a cop shootings last year, even when the kid was high on something.  The chick that disappeared with her BF?  The chick that was killed after a party, plus multiple robberies on campus as well.. that's safe? I'm not denfending all the victims but yea Denton isn't without its problems, plus compare the size of SA to Denton, a lot more can go wrong. 

• Downvote 4

29 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

Growing up everyone wanted to give off to school, and growing up here these kids have done that at stuff before. We can say we have 3 studs but it's more like 2 with the LBs but they were undrafted. UTSA had a guy drafted and they have that over us, also Wilson can talk about all the guys he has put into the NFL as well plus the LSU RB as well.

another thing that helped, was LSU/UTSA satellite camps. The big names being paired together helped. Also, the stadium maybe trash but the recruits are ushered and controlled with where they go so they don't see it. 

I go to UNT now, but have we already forgotten about the kid killed by a cop shootings last year, even when the kid was high on something.  The chick that disappeared with her BF?  The chick that was killed after a party, plus multiple robberies on campus as well.. that's safe? I'm not denfending all the victims but yea Denton isn't without its problems, plus compare the size of SA to Denton, a lot more can go wrong. 

And you're the person upset about someone saying something negative one Twitter?

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, Army of Dad said:

And you're the person upset about someone saying something negative one Twitter?

I'm not upset at all.. Everyone is wanting to jump overboard(IE: on twitter, bashing UNT/Calling for the firing of the recruiting coord) because we haven't filled our recruiting class 6 weeks before signing day... If we had filled our class before signing day last year, we would have missed out on Jenkins..

11 minutes ago, Aldo said:

Can't tell if their geography program sucks because George is infallible in his white Christmas suit.

Sorry, when I get rollin...

Yeah, That was a play on words since The King of Country lives in SA. Glad you picked up on that.

17 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

The "Chick" was at a bar in Denton yes, but that weirdo was from Haslet and murdered that poor girl in an isolated location. There was no assualt or murder at that bar so that number is not placed on a location. I doubt a Football player would be kidnapped from a bar either.

The Kid that got shot was a nimrod regardless for not listening to the Cops commands and for running around campus with a hatchet. None the less the kid was killed on Campus. You can get robbed anywhere at any time but when(Time) did the majority of these robberies occur?

You're correct, Denton isnt the size of SA but does it really matter? You are more likely to get mugged or murdered in SA than Denton, is that Correct? You think Their Momma's get out a Crime chart and say, "SA has had 200 murders and 592 aggravated robberies versus Denton's 2 Murders and 15 Ag Robberies but its ok because SA is a bigger town"?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Withers940 said:

Yeah, That was a play on words since The King of Country lives in SA. Glad you picked up on that.

The "Chick" was at a bar in Denton yes, but that weirdo was from Haslet and murdered that poor girl in an isolated location. There was no assualt or murder at that bar so that number is not placed on a location. I doubt a Football player would be kidnapped from a bar either.

The Kid that got shot was a nimrod regardless for not listening to the Cops commands and for running around campus with a hatchet. None the less the kid was killed on Campus. You can get robbed anywhere at any time but when(Time) did the majority of these robberies occur?

You're correct, Denton isnt the size of SA but does it really matter? You are more likely to get mugged or murdered in SA than Denton, is that Correct? You think Their Momma's get out a Crime chart and say, "SA has had 200 murders and 592 aggravated robberies versus Denton's 2 Murders and 15 Ag Robberies but its ok because SA is a bigger town"?

I'm going to guess those aren't the real #s but I think it be safe to assume local kids parents know about that stuff happening at UNT compared to UTSA or TXST don't you agree? On top of kids, wanting to off go off and do their own thing as well.. 

1 hour ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

I'm going to guess those aren't the real #s but I think it be safe to assume local kids parents know about that stuff happening at UNT compared to UTSA or TXST don't you agree? On top of kids, wanting to off go off and do their own thing as well.. 

Oh those are fake numbers for sure but the actual difference between the two are just as dramatic. Take these website numbers with a grain of salt if you want but they are probably close to being accurate

http://www.city-data.com/crime/crime-San-Antonio-Texas.html

http://www.city-data.com/crime/crime-Denton-Texas.html

I wouldnt think they would really have a clue whats going on campus here versus those two schools no. Im willing to bet that both of those Campuses are a lot more dangerous than here. Especially UTSA considering they are inside the city limits of SA.

46 minutes ago, Withers940 said:

Oh those are fake numbers for sure but the actual difference between the two are just as dramatic. Take these website numbers with a grain of salt if you want but they are probably close to being accurate

http://www.city-data.com/crime/crime-San-Antonio-Texas.html

http://www.city-data.com/crime/crime-Denton-Texas.html

I wouldnt think they would really have a clue whats going on campus here versus those two schools no. Im willing to bet that both of those Campuses are a lot more dangerous than here. Especially UTSA considering they are inside the city limits of SA.

wow those numbers are staggering 

Being a Heights grad, I really wanted us to land Tariq.  He's a good kid with great measurables.  He's a lot like Rutherford in that the sky is the limit with the frame he has, it just comes down to if he can sure up some things at the next level.  He sometimes had a hard time creating separation against the better competition, but I think that is something that can be fixed with good coaching at the next level.  His motor has been questioned before, but every time I've seen him play it looks like he's going all out.  I've heard that he was extremely excited after his visit to San Antonio, but I don't know if it had more to do with the coaches, the school, or the city.