SMU has them some UNT on their mind

Harry

6 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

We are their first opponent of the season. I'm sure something similar hangs in the UNT football facility.

Oh, so if bethune cookman was our first game we would make banners to hang in the athletic facility. gtfooooooooooooo. No way. This is a rivalry. Non-rivalries don't make signs like this from week to week in preparation for their games. Face it, 90, it's true. I bet smug fans hate seeing it though. But all it does is fuel their hidden hate for us even brighter. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 6

If we played Butt Cookman first game, there would be a sign. It is about preparing for the first opponent. 

Now, if we played SMU the second or third game of the season and that sign was hanging there, you would have a point. 

We dont.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 6

30 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

If we played Butt Cookman first game, there would be a sign. It is about preparing for the first opponent. 

Now, if we played SMU the second or third game of the season and that sign was hanging there, you would have a point. 

We dont.

I don't know why this is so hard to understand

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

I don't know why this is so hard to understand

Keep in mind that you're talking about folks who thought UNT became a G5 powerhouse because they won the HoD Bowl and truly believe that there's a rivalry with SMU despite making the entire thing up in their heads. (Why you'd want a rivalry with SMU is beyond me, we've been playing them almost annually for decades and they're meh.)

You just gotta realize that some people will believe whatever they want no matter the evidence supporting the contrary. These things become entertaining once you accept that.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

19 minutes ago, TreeFiddy said:

I guess the next thing you are going to say is that the green light next to it is also just a coincidence.  Mean Green domination.

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US

That green light is the Lockness monster, gawddarn! No wonder that monster keeps coming back to our house!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5

11 hours ago, UNT90 said:

We dont.

Good point, but technically we are still on their mind. Start beating them every year and they'll hate that sign...

The clock/sign appears to be permanent.   The "Beat North Texas" part appears to be interchangable.   I'd imagine after SMU loses on 9/3, they will reset the clock for the next week's opponent and swap the "Beat North Texas" piece out for "Beat <XYZ>".   Not news... just Dandy trying to stoke the fire... which I appreciate.

• Upvote 1

Their game the week after UNT is at Baylor. I imagine they could have a little fun with their "Beat ___" sign. Example: "Beat The Rap"

Edited by EagleMBA

On May 26, 2016 at 1:47 AM, MeanGreen01 said:

Who cares about SMU!  Why do some of you care so much, it really is comical. They are horrible!

Because they think SMU cares back. They don't. Can't wait until they are off the schedule.

• Downvote 3