MGB: Some thoughts on where UNT goes from here

Brett Vito

Maybe now y'all understand why I said no Hank. George Dunham has just endorsed failure for UNT athletics because he wants his buddy to have the job. Personal relationships over accountability is what UNT needs to vanquish.

Hank Dickinson is already relying on personal relationships to get him the job. Same old tired North Texas crap. It's disappointing that George Dunham is a willing accomplice. 

Get it now, @forevereagle

?

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 11
  • Downvote 7

We need to clean house in the athletic department. I am fine with Hank in an interim capacity but it must be the same deal that Chico got. Hank must know that if he leads in the interim it is with the knowledge that he isn't up for the permanent position. 

• Upvote 5

It would be the same exact F'n thing. George Dunham wanting his buddy to have the job is sickening. George has a lot of clout and power and this is about the worst thing that could have happened for UNT athletics. 

This is a clear symptom of the existing poisonous culture surrounding UNT athletics. If Hank Dickinson is promoted, that will do it for me, and am sure several others.

George knows what he is doing and will apply direct pressure to the BOR and President Smatresk to make this happen. 

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 9

9 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

It would be the same exact F'n thing. George Dunham wanting his buddy to have the job is sickening. George has a lot of clout and power and this is about the worst thing that could have happened for UNT athletics. 

This is a clear symptom of the existing poisonous culture surrounding UNT athletics. If Hank Dickinson is promoted, that will do it for me, and am sure several others.

George knows what he is doing and will apply direct pressure to the BOR and President Smatresk to make this happen. 

I guess George was drunk or he has hard time getting out of his comfort zone.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

Oh like that will happen! All the above points!

1 hour ago, MGNation92 said:

Every time I go to an event and see Nitardy I just want to punch him in the face. Not that I would threaten anyone. He just has a very punchable face

That's freaking hilarious. The punchable face line has my laughing.

Edited by UNTexas
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, All About UNT said:

Here is one that needs to leave post-haste..... they haven't even bothered with a bio for him http://www.meangreensports.com/genrel/john_nitardy_902139.html

Maybe I'll fly a banner. You can contribute this time so your feelings won't be so hurt six months later...

EDIT: this was meant for Emmitt. No idea how AAUNT got quoted.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 6

We can only hope that they are tired of looking like idiots so that they would not consider someone from such failure of a department. It would be one thing to promote from within if RV was leaving for a better job, or being promoted, because of success. That is the opposite of what is happening, so promoting from within would be ludicrous and tragic. 

34 minutes ago, Aquila_Viridis said:

We can only hope that they are tired of looking like idiots so that they would not consider someone from such failure of a department. It would be one thing to promote from within if RV was leaving for a better job, or being promoted, because of success. That is the opposite of what is happening, so promoting from within would be ludicrous and tragic. 

There is a strong push for Hank from the wine and cheese crowd. 

• Downvote 4

IMO, the opinions expressed regarding Hank are in no way personal. This AD needs to be a workout expert. That entails someone with big balls to come in and make often unpopular decisions and changes. This requires someone from out of town, unfettered by personal relationships, to objectively evaluate the situation and effect changes that will fix the problems. The fisherman can show no sympathy for the bait!

Edited by EagleMBA
  • Upvote 4