Possible Candidates for UNT AD?

2 minutes ago, meanJewGreen said:

Have a few friends in the development and fundraising world of college athletics, and this name was given to me as a possible candidate.

http://www.soonersports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=208803515

Not a bad resume. OU, Cowboys, Alabama. Seems like a home run hire to me. 

That's a good profile for someone we should be looking at. 

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, meanJewGreen said:

Have a few friends in the development and fundraising world of college athletics, and this name was given to me as a possible candidate.

http://www.soonersports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=208803515

Not a bad resume. OU, Cowboys, Alabama. Seems like a home run hire to me. 

tumblr_mm00esD4cg1rlhewgo1_500.gif

• Upvote 4

24 minutes ago, GMG24 said:

Arkansas State, La Tech, and Marshall.  Those AD's would be on my money whip list (if we can) 

They would all consider the job but you have to pay them some bank.  This is sort of like the football head coaching hire.  There will be some up and coming assistant AD's at big programs who should be considered as well.  Critical hire for sure.

Just now, Harry said:

They would all consider the job but you have to pay them some bank.  This is sort of like the football head coaching hire.  There will be some up and coming assistant AD's at big programs who should be considered as well.  Critical hire for sure.

Not so much La Tech. AD wants a good payday but also very important is the increased budget. The new AD will have to worry very little about raising $ for facilities, except baseball. The AD at La Tech is 37.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, GMG24 said:

Arkansas State, La Tech, and Marshall.  Those AD's would be on my money whip list (if we can) 

Never been through an AD hire process before.

How feasible (or common) is it to hire someone from the same league?

Personally, I am more inclined to advocate for a hire from a "big" school, assuming he is well rounded (has hired coaches, built facilities, negotiated contracts and promoted the program). My perception of RV has been for some time that the job just outgrew him. You run that risk going "small" school hire, IMO.

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

Ark St AD is a Ark St Letterman and he has his dream job.  I would like someone who is energetic, aggressive, forward thinking, and willing to work outside of the box like him.

This. I want an alumn of UNT who has turned around a loser as an AD or an assistant AD.

If such a person even exists...

it really stuck in my crawl that RV was donating 5 times as much to a conference rival. Loyalties...

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

This guy.  You wanna talk walking into a historically hopeless, institutionally apathetic program, and turning it around to major national success, this is the guy you want.

Now, you may say, "But Old Guy! He hasn't been AD over a football program!" 

To which I'll respond, "He ran that crap at Stanford!"

Downsides to us plebes -- he's only going to give you the time of day if your checks have seven figures and two commas.  You can otherwise get in to queue with all the other losers and buy your tickets at the box office.

But dammit, this guy took every sport in a dire program and made all of them winners.

In the past seven years, 34 Anteater teams have finished in the nation’s Top 25 final rankings.  In that same span of time, 64 UCI teams have had representation in the NCAA postseason, including men’s volleyball, which won back-to-back national titles in 2012 and 2013.

Edited by oldguystudent
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

33 minutes ago, Wag Tag said:

Not so much La Tech. AD wants a good payday but also very important is the increased budget. The new AD will have to worry very little about raising $ for facilities, except baseball. The AD at La Tech is 37.

I would think the AD at La Tech has plenty of egg on face right now due to his hiring of a 25 y.o. impregnator of players

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

6 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

Iowa roots! Never again!!