Rick Villarreal stepping down as AD

Brett Vito

1 hour ago, Withers940 said:

My worry is that the New AD didnt select Littrell and will have him on a very tight leash. You see new AD's come in and clean house regardless of how new the Coach is. Surely this isnt the case

Smack down hired Seth. He has at least 3yrs. New BB coach could be exciting?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, UNT90 said:

The facilities were 10 years late in getting to a university the size. The student government accomplished something he couldn't. 

Look around UNT and see the new facilities the last 15 years. Athletics is still behind the rest of the university.

Compared to the other C-USA athletic departments we have the top or near the top in facilities. Ahhhh UNT should have advanced facilities after all it is called a college education. He lost he job for one main reason W/L record. Looking forward to the new hire! GMG

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, UNT90 said:

Hell, if it means he is out the door, I'll fly it myself. 

I've been ultra negative on here for quite a while. There was always a method to the madness. I will now shift to a neutral mode until UNT announces a hire for AD. If it is anyone currently employed in the AD, I will immediately shift back to negative.

This hire will come about three years later than it should have, and is the most important hire UNT has ever made pertaining to athletics. They desperately need to get it right. 

I don't think the Hattiesburg Hustler should have been given the luxury to resign, but I do understand the logic behind it, even if that logic reeks of same ole UNT. But I'm not going to gripe about the gift this program has just been handed.

Now president and BOR, go find an early 40s assistant AD on the rise that is organized, hungry, and aggressive. 

This is step one of a 2 step process. I will not get too excited until the 2nd step is successfully completed. 

This is an awesome opportunity for healing to occur across this fan base. A divisive force has finally been purged.  

Lord hope they do not bring in Alan Ward, please NO!!!!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I think positivity will be back now for awhile. This is a great first step to healing what remains of a fanbase that has been hammered for years by an inept AD. 

I don't understand why it took so long, but I'm sure glad it's done. Laziness is gone. Now is the time to get a hungry AD who is focused on schedule improvements and making season ticket sales and promotions become a reality. Hell, this board did more of these than RVs department did...

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 7

2 hours ago, JayDub said:

P.S. - Never you fret, FFR...I'm not posting this from work.  No need to alert my employer.)

Hmm...not sure why someone who couldn't pass two semesters of school here thinks they're still relevant to me (or anyone else)... that I would fret at all concerning them?  I'm not sure what this even means?  

Whatever.  It's a great day.  Should North Texas take the next step and clean house I might even give Kram a hug and rejoin the alumni association?

Thank you Dr. Smatresk.

Rick

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 7

First, I want to personally thank Rick Villareal for the good things he did for UNT.

Second, I want to second all of you who said it was time, or past time, for a change.

Third, I want to congratulate '90.  Now go change your undies dude.

Last, may good fortune continue to Bless UNT! 

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, UNT90 said:

I've been ultra negative on here for quite a while. There was always a method to the madness. I will now shift to a neutral mode until UNT announces a hire for AD. If it is anyone currently employed in the AD, I will immediately shift back to negative.

I actually want a meta-analysis of your campaign. For some time @UNT90 was the highest rated poster on this board, and I've noticed how your numbers have been dropping. I want a line graph. @Cerebus? And in the spirit of measurables, I want to see how the rebound goes.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I can't help but think that this was a day of some celebration for Brett Vito , who seems to have had this article ready for a while. I am sure regularly getting stonewalled on anything that was remotely bad news was not fun. We definitely need a restart on PR overall and that includes in how we handle information towards the few journalists currently interested.

Overall great news. I wish RV good health and a happy live from here on out.

Edited by outoftown
  • Upvote 5

1 minute ago, TreeFiddy said:

Does Alice Walton have a favorite child/niece/nephew/etc... that likes 'sports'?

There are three in the third generation of the Walton family -- Josh Kroenke, Whitney Kroenke Burditt, & Lukas Walton. None live in TX. In the family's history of philanthropy, sports is not the area the family foundation gives money towards.

4 hours ago, untjim1995 said:

I think positivity will be back now for awhile. This is a great first step to healing what remains of a fanbase that has been hammered for years by an inept AD. 

I don't understand why it took so long, but I'm sure glad it's done. Laziness is gone. Now is the time to get a hungry AD who is focused on schedule improvements and making season ticket sales and promotions become a reality. Hell, this board did more of these than RVs department did...

I'd temper that until you see who the new hire will be. If it is Hank Dickinson or Nitardi, it's just sane song, different verse. 

That is a real possibility. 

This is a 2 step process.  

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 5

3 hours ago, Christopher Walker said:

I actually want a meta-analysis of your campaign. For some time @UNT90 was the highest rated poster on this board, and I've noticed how your numbers have been dropping. I want a line graph. @Cerebus? And in the spirit of measurables, I want to see how the rebound goes.

Had no idea this was even occurring. Don't care about Internet red and greens. 

But, what I did doesn't come without a price. I was fully aware of that when I made the decision to do it. 

Some will forgive, some won't. Some will remain strangely infatuated. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 5

8 hours ago, RushnStudies said:

I hope not. We haven't even seen what Littrell can do here.

People that participate are at least a fan in some form or fashion! Haters can be fans and rah rah guys can be fans. Try being a lifelong Cleveland Browns fan. Exciting times a head! GMG

Edited by Wag Tag
  • Upvote 1