Thank you Coach Mike Ekeler!

Harry

2 hours ago, Harry said:

Just need to fill in gaps in the front.  But wisely not as many in 3-3-5.

I was shocked when I saw a Juco DT we were pursuing a while back was still posting he was getting offers latest was UMASS.  Weird he was a big ole kid too. 

6 hours ago, baberuthbomber8 said:

Would still love to see us get that DT blain or Bain that was with our DL coach in FL, and prior to that LSU.. Hopefully you guys remember who I'm talking about, and possibly an update? 

http://247sports.com/Player/Maquedius-Bain-13906

On 5/23/2016 at 11:37 AM, baberuthbomber8 said:

Would still love to see us get that DT blain or Bain that was with our DL coach in FL, and prior to that LSU.. Hopefully you guys remember who I'm talking about, and possibly an update? 

At this point we just need DT period! I am worried about depth on that line. A true nose guard is hard to find and we need a few. 

19 hours ago, North Texas Shep said:

At this point we just need DT period! I am worried about depth on that line. A true nose guard is hard to find and we need a few. 

While this is true I don't think our nose will be traditional 2 gap sit and don't budge type guy.

Not that all of these guys were recruited by Ekeler, but there is a chance that the defense has a lot of new faces in the lineup by the Fall compared to what we saw last year (for good reason).  Especially in the front 6/7.

Josh Wheeler DE/LB 6-3 225 (juco)
William Johnson LB 6-3 220 (juco)
La'Darius Hamilton DE/LB 6-2.5 240 (hs)
Joseph Ozougwu LB 6-3 205 (gray shirt)
Eji Ejiya LB 6-2 205 (juco)
Raveon Hoston DE 6-4 246 (juco)
Mylam Peters LB 6-4 240 (juco)
Jameel Moore CB 5-10 160 (hs)
Dontavious Baulkman S 5-10 200 (juco)
Darius Turner CB 6-0 195 (juco)

I would assume Coach Ekeler looked at some tape of last year's D and decided he needed to try to fill some holes immediately.  Lot of size in that list.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, TreeFiddy said:

I would assume Coach Ekeler looked at some tape of last year's D and decided he needed to try to fill some holes immediately.  Lot of size in that list.

but no DTs... i wonder why??? 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, MeanGreen13 said:

but no DTs... i wonder why??? 

They are the toughest to land by far.  Every program is wanting big dudes that can run and are nasty. P5's like to stockpile em as we've seen in the recent past.

You can Survive in CUSA with smaller DL if you slant and stunt. Obviously, bigger leaner faster DL are better but this staff has been successful with smaller DL in 3 man front schemes. 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, TreeFiddy said:

Not that all of these guys were recruited by Ekeler, but there is a chance that the defense has a lot of new faces in the lineup by the Fall compared to what we saw last year (for good reason).  Especially in the front 6/7.

At the very least, it'll provide much improved depth.

• Upvote 1

On June 2, 2016 at 6:29 PM, TreeFiddy said:

Major physical upgrade with these kids. Great job by the staff to go and find these kids.

• Upvote 2