Unjel Masters

MICHAELSPAPPY

I think it will depend on what they run. If they run a conventional 1-2-3-4-5, then I'd expect Jelly to be the #5 with 6-11 Justin Leonard as his backup. But I also think that you may see many times that there are two power forwards....Michael DeGrate and Will Smith in there without Masters.

Unjel's forte in the past has been shot-blocking, rebounds, then scoring. I don't see a lot of change from that. Even if he played regularly, I would still see him as the fifth scorer among the starters. It seems to me that his biggest improvement has been defensively.

In short, will he be a force?....Probably not. But will he be valuable?...You betcha!

I think JJ and his staff will continue to do wonders with the big U! I thought they brought him a long way last year...and he was in much better shape. I personally think he may be a small surprize this year.

ParkAndRecRick says that MeanGreenBB is NCAA bound this year!

Gotta Love JJ!!!!

Go MeanGreenHoops!!!!!!!!!!