Colorado State's pitch to the Big 12

Harry

40 minutes ago, FirefightnRick said:

I asked the HH that very question back when SMU made a pitch.  His response to me was that he didn't want to get laughed at.

Rick

Oh, he didn't? Well he gets laughed at pretty frequently around here. Have you seen the man. Strangers who have no idea who he is laughs at him. Seems like an RV type answer though. "Potential" carries people and organizations very far. Granted it needs to eventually materialize. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, FirefightnRick said:

I asked the HH that very question back when SMU made a pitch.  His response to me was that he didn't want to get laughed at.

Rick

Then do more to put yourself in a situation where you won't be laughed at.  That's your job - that's what you're supposed to be working on every day. 

• Upvote 4

46 minutes ago, MeanGreenGlory said:

Then do more to put yourself in a situation where you won't be laughed at.  That's your job - that's what you're supposed to be working on every day. 

Bravo. Such a condescending fat piece of poo. 

Edited by Ben Gooding
  • Downvote 1

You can't un-see some things. I don't think we want to share any of the awful numbers associated with the current state of the program. If we did, we might get kicked out of our current conference and we sure as heck would look like a joke. 

Better to probably be a joke but keep them guessing rather than prove we are a joke. 

Edited by TreeFiddy
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

22 hours ago, MeanGreenGlory said:

The only thing he is working on is his state retirement.

Yes, UNT would get laughed at... For continuing to employ a failed AD for 15 years.  They know what the Hattiesburg Hustler's UNT is, and they want no part.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5

From SMU's AD

"Many students believe SMU should look to move into another conference. But Hart says getting into a Power Five conference is not one of the goals of the university.

'Our goal is to be the best program in the American Athletic Conference,' he says. 'We don’t feel like conference affiliation is a hindrance to our goal to compete at a national level.'"

Anyone believe SMU doesn't want to be in a P5?  Either doesn't want to say they're trying or realize they're not making it. 

On May 19, 2016 at 10:47 PM, TreeFiddy said:

You can't un-see some things. I don't think we want to share any of the awful numbers associated with the current state of the program. If we did, we might get kicked out of our current conference and we sure as heck would look like a joke. 

Better to probably be a joke but keep them guessing rather than prove we are a joke. 

Our conference mates know already know all of awful numbers. Remember how we stack up against them in terms of season ticket holders and athletic giving?

• Upvote 1

On 5/19/2016 at 10:00 AM, greenjoe said:

I agree that NT should at least make a presentation, but without baseball, I don't see us moving anywhere.

Okay...but, you know not all P5 schools have baseball programs, right.  Not every school in the Big 12 has baseball. 

As far as the top two G5's: 
AAC: 12 football playing schools, but only eight baseball playing schools. 
Mountain West:  12 football, seven baseball

Baseball is the least of our problems when it comes to attractiveness.