More Baylor Assault Mess

Aldo

15 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

Realistically, what should be done? Who does this fall on? This issue goes far beyond football as a debate team member and tennis team member were implicated as well. Should Art Briles be fired? Should the AD be fired? Should Ken Starr be fired? Should the Board of Regents be fired? Should the Baylor PD and Waco PD chiefs be fired? That is the question. This article ignores all of that. This is a hatchet job targeting Art Briles solely because Baylor is relevant and a threat to UT and A&M. I guarantee you that if this had happened under Guy Morris, nobody in the media would've even noticed and nobody from UT or A&M would've cared. Baylor football is not occupying their spot in the Big 12 cellar like they should and "the powers that be" are doing their best to put them back there.

Reporting police report shenanigans with sexual assault files is a "hatchet job?" 

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Cr1028 said:

Realistically, what should be done? Who does this fall on? This issue goes far beyond football as a debate team member and tennis team member were implicated as well. Should Art Briles be fired? Should the AD be fired? Should Ken Starr be fired? Should the Board of Regents be fired? Should the Baylor PD and Waco PD chiefs be fired? That is the question. This article ignores all of that. This is a hatchet job targeting Art Briles solely because Baylor is relevant and a threat to UT and A&M. I guarantee you that if this had happened under Guy Morris, nobody in the media would've even noticed and nobody from UT or A&M would've cared. Baylor football is not occupying their spot in the Big 12 cellar like they should and "the powers that be" are doing their best to put them back there.

Law suits from victims with big settlements and negative publicity will create change. Falsifying and deleting arrest reports I don't view as a hatchet job! Could be considered hillbilly justice.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Cr1028 said:

You actually believe this?  This is sexual assault of numerous young ladies that points to a lack of control in the athletic department, or a lack of checking out the character of the young men that they bring to campus to play ball  and represent their university.  Again, sexual assault, not petty theft.                                                                

• Upvote 4

again...it's the "cover up culture" at Baylor...it's a genetic disorder...they can't help themselves...

the truth is out there

oh...& screw Baylor 
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

5 hours ago, Cr1028 said:

What is amazing is what that piece of crap university will cover up just to be able to say we are winning at revenue sports...as TFLF/MGMailbox will tell you, there is never anything that we will ever have to worry about here with this ridiculous mindset. A mindset that has a long history of major violations, covering up a murder, and now blatantly covering up multiple rapes on campus by their football players--all accepted because they are winning at a great level.

Baylor might be a Baptist school, but Satan himself couldn't be more proud of the way they are handling this...again.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

18 hours ago, MeanGreenMailbox said:

Reporting police report shenanigans with sexual assault files is a "hatchet job?" 

17 hours ago, Wag Tag said:

Law suits from victims with big settlements and negative publicity will create change. Falsifying and deleting arrest reports I don't view as a hatchet job! Could be considered hillbilly justice.

17 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

You actually believe this?  This is sexual assault of numerous young ladies that points to a lack of control in the athletic department, or a lack of checking out the character of the young men that they bring to campus to play ball  and represent their university.  Again, sexual assault, not petty theft.                                                                

13 hours ago, untjim1995 said:

What is amazing is what that piece of crap university will cover up just to be able to say we are winning at revenue sports...as TFLF/MGMailbox will tell you, there is never anything that we will ever have to worry about here with this ridiculous mindset. A mindset that has a long history of major violations, covering up a murder, and now blatantly covering up multiple rapes on campus by their football players--all accepted because they are winning at a great level.

Baylor might be a Baptist school, but Satan himself couldn't be more proud of the way they are handling this...again.

1 hour ago, LongJim said:

Yeah, it's UT and AnM's fault that Baylor harbors rapists and murderers and the whole town tries to hush it up.  

Ridiculous. 

I believe you all may have misunderstood my point. I'm am not diminishing the severity of rape, I have a problem with the scope of the article. The article was written specifically about the football program. The problem is way, WAY, bigger than just the football program. Firing Art Briles doesn't make the debate team and tennis team stop committing sexual assault. This is a Baylor problem, not a football problem.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

13 hours ago, untjim1995 said:

Right, at UNT they have to worry about the cover up of laziness accepted because they lose at a great level...

5 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

I believe you all may have misunderstood my point. I'm am not diminishing the severity of rape, I have a problem with the scope of the article. The article was written specifically about the football program. The problem is way, WAY, bigger than just the football program. Firing Art Briles doesn't make the debate team and tennis team stop committing sexual assault. This is a Baylor problem, not a football problem.

The problem is WAY bigger than Baylor. These are common allegations on college campuses, including UNT. Some are provable, some aren't. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 10

22 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

Right, at UNT they have to worry about the cover up of laziness accepted because they lose at a great level...

The problem is WAY bigger than Baylor. These are common allegations on college campuses, including UNT. Some are provable, some aren't. 

Can't cover up laziness though. It's seen from afar and up close. Baylor's issues can be covered up and have been. Not anymore though. 

• Downvote 3

56 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

You seriously hijack a thread about issues with sexual assault and rape at Baylor to inject your tired diatribe about UNT.  Unbelievable.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 2

19 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

You seriously hijack a thread about issues with sexual assault and rape at Baylor to inject your tired diatribe about UNT.  Unbelievable.

But in regards to the horrendous crimes Baylor has been covering up, how will we ever know our athletic department sucks? 

Isn't that the sole reason why anyone gets on GMG anymore? To read about the ineptitudes of our AD? Especially when they contribute so much to the topic at hand

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

But in regards to the horrendous crimes Baylor has been covering up, how will we ever know our athletic department sucks? 

Isn't that the sole reason why anyone gets on GMG anymore? To read about the ineptitudes of our AD? Especially when they contribute so much to the topic at hand

Sad to visit GMG just for a negative vibe and to b!tch! Oh and have a nice day! Hope that doesn't ruin it for YOU! GMG

9 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

Or talk about Baylor in the UNT football forum, right?

Actually, my post is at least related to UNT in the UNT FOOTBALL FORUM.

But please continue with the penis envy of Baylor...

1 hour ago, Ben Gooding said:

Can't cover up laziness though. It's seen from afar and up close. Baylor's issues can be covered up and have been. Not anymore though. 

Each of these alleged assaults is a singular event, unless you believe there is a conspiracy among Baylor students to rape women.

Some may be provable, some may not. It depends on the evidence in each of those cases, which are isolated incidents themselves (meaning one crime doesn't contain evidence of any other alleged crimes). 

No one knows what that evidence is, not the media, and certainly not you yahoos posting about this case. Hell, you can't even post about it in the right forum. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 14

I will say that if Baylor was still a dreg of that conference, the media in the state wouldn't know a damn thing about this. Remember, Texas Monthly brought this all out into the open. That's a UT rag if there ever was one.

But none of that excuses Baylor, their administration, their coaches, or the Waco PD and a complicit Waco media from the far worse crime of allowing all of this to go unreported, un-prosecuted, or un-covered. Its as if the whole town decided that winning football brings in so much money that we are just going to turn a blind eye to justice because its better, monetarily, for their town and their university. That university espouses Christian virtues that are very conservative in nature--yet allows murder and rape to be covered up so they can win at revenue sports.

No amount of conference championships, NCAA Tournament bids, or major bowl bids will ever be worth what has been condoned and covered up in Waco. Its just amazing that it took Baylor winning to get any attention of this stuff from outside of Waco. And I believe Cr1028 is correct on one thing--if Baylor sucked ass like they usually did in the first dozen years of the Big XII's existence, none of this stuff is even in the public light today. UT owns the media in this state--when they want to investigate a program, it gets done in a very hard fashion. Every SWC team based in Texas will easily attest to this.

Edited by untjim1995
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

8 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

I will say that if Byalor was still a dreg of that conference, the media in the state wouldn't know a damn thing about this. Remember, Texas Monthly brought this all out into the open. That's a UT rag if there ever was one.

But none of that excuses Baylor, their administration, their coaches, or the Waco PD and a complicit Waco media from the far worse crime of allowing all of this to go unreported, un-prosecuted, or un-covered. Its as if the whole town decided that winning football brings in so much money that we are just going to turn a blind eye to justice because its better, monetarily, for their town and their university. That university espouses Christian virtues that are very conservative in nature--yet allows murder and rape to be covered up so they can win at revenue sports.

No amount of conference championships, NCAA Tournament bids, or major bowl bids will ever be worth what has been condoned and covered up in Waco. Its just amazing that it took Baylor winning to get any attention of this stuff from outside of Waco. And I believe Cr1028 is correct on one thing--if Baylor sucked ass like they usually did in the first dozen years of the Big XII's existence, none of this stuff is even in the public light today. UT owns the media in this state--when they want to investigate a program, it gets done in a very hard fashion. Every SWC team based in Texas will easily attest to this.

Again, you make assumptions about criminal matters you know nothing about. You don't know if there are inconsistencies in the victim's account of events that make arrest, much less prosecution, impossible.

Let's not forget the Duke Lacrosse scandal and how a rush to judgement ruined lives. The internet doesn't decide arrest or prosecution, thank God. Let's try to remember their are kids lives here at stake on both sides. 

Follow the evidence.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 5

2 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

Again, you make assumptions about criminal matters you know nothing about. You don't know if there are inconsistencies in the victim's account of events that make arrest, much less prosecution, impossible.

Let's not forget the Duke Lacrosse scandal and how a rush to judgement ruined lives. The internet doesn't decide arrest or prosecution, thank God. Let's try to remember their are kids lives here at stake on both sides. 

Follow the evidence.

Baylor has had several athletes arrested, indicted, and convicted of various sexual assaults. I think there is another athlete about to face trial? Either way, there's obviously some smoke, so it seems reasonable that there is a fire. The real question is how big is this fire and whether anyone is attempting to put it out!

Still, it's not good when the police pull files from their computer systems as the original post stated. Why hide the data? Who told them to do that or was it just limited to the police pulling the records? There are lots of pieces to this puzzle and none of them make Baylor or Waco look good.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

Follow the evidence.

I know this:

Fact--that university allowed a basketball coach and its AD to perpetuate a story that was all about covering up a murder of a basketball player by another one, who happened to be getting paid illegally.

Fact--that university allowed its star hoops player at the time, LaceDarius Dunn, who sucker-punched his baby momma in the jaw, breaking it in several places, to be suspended for all of three OOC games, opponents that even Tony Benford could possibly defeat. All to be able to go to the postseason...

Fact--a football player that transfers to Baylor from Boise State after getting kicked off the team because of bad behavior rapes a soccer player and takes her virginity. Baylor's officials meet this crisis head-on by making the victim change her schedule to avoid being near the football player who got to stay on the team, earn his degree, and be ready to play in that fall, which would have happened if the authorities didn't arrest him and convict of this rape. In the meantime, this fine university took away her scholarship, forcing her to transfer away.

None of this is Duke Lacrosse stuff--its all real, actual stuff that was proven to occur, covered up by Baylor's administration and coaches, watered down the disciplining of the violators, and got the police and media in town to help them.

And, just to make this a true UNT90 thread--I don't believe that RV had anything to do with this...

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Cr1028 said:

Okay, and here is my problem:  we're not talking about the debate or tennis team.  We're talking about what Briles has control over - the football team.

I had the same problem with Littrell here earlier in the year when the WR involved in a hit and run was still working out with the team.  The head football coach is the head football coach.  The players are his responsibility.  If he doesn't like that, he shouldn't be a head football coach; he should be an assistant.

It's a big job.  And, if the kids under your charge feel like they can get away with stuff or cut corners, they will.  It's happening now at Baylor.  It's happened more and more at TCU as they've gotten more competitive.  OU has the RB Mixon who broke a girl's face. 

Georgia just dismissed a player after his third marijuana arrest.  First two at Georgia apparently earn you free passes to test the system again. 

Briles is responsible.  To make Baylor more competitive, he's taken on players with off the field problems.  It's what competitive schools do.  But, he can't sit by, throw his hands up in the air and say, "Man, I'm just the coach."

I guarantee you that everyone of these coaches sits in the players' mamas' living rooms and says, "Don't worry, Ms. Momma of Four and Five-Star Recruit, I'm gonna make sure your boy doesn't get into any trouble at our school.  We're like family at Bullsh*t U., moreso than Horsesh*t U. and Chickensh*t U., who also want to sign your boy." 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

I know this:

Fact--that university allowed a basketball coach and its AD to perpetuate a story that was all about covering up a murder of a basketball player by another one, who happened to be getting paid illegally.

Fact--that university allowed its star hoops player at the time, LaceDarius Dunn, who sucker-punched his baby momma in the jaw, breaking it in several places, to be suspended for all of three OOC games, opponents that even Tony Benford could possibly defeat. All to be able to go to the postseason...

Fact--a football player that transfers to Baylor from Boise State after getting kicked off the team because of bad behavior rapes a soccer player and takes her virginity. Baylor's officials meet this crisis head-on by making the victim change her schedule to avoid being near the football player who got to stay on the team, earn his degree, and be ready to play in that fall, which would have happened if the authorities didn't arrest him and convict of this rape. In the meantime, this fine university took away her scholarship, forcing her to transfer away.

None of this is Duke Lacrosse stuff--its all real, actual stuff that was proven to occur, covered up by Baylor's administration and coaches, watered down the disciplining of the violators, and got the police and media in town to help them.

And, just to make this a true UNT90 thread--I don't believe that RV had anything to do with this...

I think you underestimate the Hustler's hustle. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 9

If Baylor had been smart about the cover-up, they would've sacrificed debate team, tennis players, etc., just so they wouldn't show ZERO campus sexual assaults reported over a 4-yr period. If you're gonna cheat, don't score 100. Score a 92. If you're gonna falsify data, you've got to work the experiment backwards based on EXPECTED results, not perfect results.

I mean, I feel this reflects poorly on Baylor as an institution of higher learning, because this is pretty basic stuff.

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, UNT90 said:

Follow the evidence.

Omg omg omg....Assumptions? The hypocrite is coming out from the all knowing, what the power 17 does, what supportive alums do, what the BOR does, what the Prez does and of course AD and coaches!  You operate off assumptions! That's OK it's a blog! Where is the hijack police?

Edited by Wag Tag
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

24 minutes ago, Wag Tag said:

Omg omg omg....Assumptions? The hypocrite is coming out from the all knowing, what the power 17 does, what supportive alums do, what the BOR does, what the Prez does and of course AD and coaches!  You operate off assumptions! That's OK it's a blog! Where is the hijack police?

Because college sports and imprisonment equate...

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4