More Baylor Assault Mess

Aldo

2 hours ago, MeanGreenMailbox said:

Okay, and here is my problem:  we're not talking about the debate or tennis team.  We're talking about what Briles has control over - the football team.

I had the same problem with Littrell here earlier in the year when the WR involved in a hit and run was still working out with the team.  The head football coach is the head football coach.  The players are his responsibility.  If he doesn't like that, he shouldn't be a head football coach; he should be an assistant.

It's a big job.  And, if the kids under your charge feel like they can get away with stuff or cut corners, they will.  It's happening now at Baylor.  It's happened more and more at TCU as they've gotten more competitive.  OU has the RB Mixon who broke a girl's face. 

Georgia just dismissed a player after his third marijuana arrest.  First two at Georgia apparently earn you free passes to test the system again. 

Briles is responsible.  To make Baylor more competitive, he's taken on players with off the field problems.  It's what competitive schools do.  But, he can't sit by, throw his hands up in the air and say, "Man, I'm just the coach."

I guarantee you that everyone of these coaches sits in the players' mamas' living rooms and says, "Don't worry, Ms. Momma of Four and Five-Star Recruit, I'm gonna make sure your boy doesn't get into any trouble at our school.  We're like family at Bullsh*t U., moreso than Horsesh*t U. and Chickensh*t U., who also want to sign your boy." 

Wow, that is very well said. I truly like your response.

Another question, are the teams becoming more competitive by taking on these players or does their being competitive bring more scrutiny and light to issues that may have already existed.

1 minute ago, Cr1028 said:

Wow, that is very well said. I truly like your response.

Another question, are the teams becoming more competitive by taking on these players or does their being competitive bring more scrutiny and light to issues that may have already existed.

I think a program would know whether there were multiple rapes/sexual assaults occurring.

Our problem has been the opposite - if you consider it a problem:  because our donors don't hand piles of cash to our players, some have resorted to pilfering at Wal-Mart.  Hopefully, the stipend now provided will be the end of that.

Sexual assault and rape, which beget public records, are harder to squash.

Look at the whole deal going on at OU where their broadcasting association has had to go to the Oklahoma Supreme Court to get the release of the video of the RB Mixon breaking the girl's face.  The DA is full of OU Law grads.  The local judge is an OU grad. 

OU's president, athletic director, and head coach visited the DA's office together when the event went down, which played no small part, I'm sure, in the eventual Alford Plea. 

It's dirty self-dealing with the Big Boys.  Baylor is Waco, much like OU is Norman.  Fort Worth probably has too many other fish swimming in the judicial pond to get away with too much more than they have, but they're tried.  If only they could stuff the local courts with TCU Law grads, like Baylor and OU...oops! No TCU Law School...and A&M bought the nearest one a few years back!

I doubt there was a rape/sexual assault problem under Grant Teaff, Roberts, or any other failed Baylor Big 12 head coach before Briles.  Unfortunately, often times the toughest, most aggressive sons of guns make the best athletes.  And, the aggressiveness often doesn't stay on the field, but follows them off the field.

Happy that we not in those situations.  Baylor can have them - and the wins - if that's what it takes.

Word on the street is the Baylor President will take the fall and not Briles.  I would not be shocked to see that happen.

Also the same lawyers who did work representing Penn State are now involved in the "internal" investigation.  It's total BS, they are basically PR agents for Baylor to help minimize the damage.

its ironic in a sense, because Baylor - like UNT - really wasn't relevant in football prior to Briles arrival.  He comes in wins a lot and basically gives the entire University a face lift.  Enrollment increases, academic standards go up and donations go through the roof.  They build new facilities and raise their profile to heights never before imagined.

the common denominator in their success is Briles.  They could fire the president, chancellor you name it but they can't touch Briles.  Yet, now the actual reputation of the entire University is starting to suffer.  It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Remember how much time and money Ken Starr spent on the Clinton White House? Guess who is in going to have to enjoy the feds investigating him for nefarious acts committed on his watch. If Ken Starr is really, really lucky here, he will ONLY lose his job. Fines, law suits, and jail time are all potential hurdles that he will face in the coming months and years ahead.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, untjim1995 said:

Remember how much time and money Ken Starr spent on the Clinton White House? Guess who is in going to have to enjoy the feds investigating him for nefarious acts committed on his watch. If Ken Starr is really, really lucky here, he will ONLY lose his job. Fines, law suits, and jail time are all potential hurdles that he will face in the coming months and years ahead.

Karma, eh? I hope he gets everything he's earned.

• Downvote 2