UNT lands key recruit Raveon Hoston!

25 minutes ago, eulessismore said:

Eagle, I knew you'd come through if Raveon did!

Now if only the Green Brigade will add the song to their repertoire! It would be cool to hear them blast a few bars of the song after he sacks some QB on a critical third-down play.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Just now seeing this...absolutely impressive!! Awesome job to the staff!! This is how recruiting to a place with playing time should be sold--if you can beat those two Power Teams for a top JUCO kid, you can beat anybody for recruits.

Keep up the great work, staff!! As I've said many times, its wins like this that are the most important victories for our program this year. It makes the talent bse of the roster get where we need it to be in the years to come.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

28 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

Just now seeing this...absolutely impressive!! Awesome job to the staff!! This is how recruiting to a place with playing time should be sold--if you can beat those two Power Teams for a top JUCO kid, you can beat anybody for recruits.

Keep up the great work, staff!! As I've said many times, its wins like this that are the most important victories for our program this year. It makes the talent bse of the roster get where we need it to be in the years to come.

Yep. And we may have not had a player of this magnitude come in from the JUCO ranks this class, but there are some other very good JUCO players coming in to help shore up this team. That's why when I read 2-10 being held in regard as a success I get frustrated. It should be more than apparent that this staff is trying to win right now, not in year 3. Now I am not saying that we are going to go 10-2 and give Florida everything they want in The Swamp. But I am saying we should be much, much more competitive within our league. We may surprise a lot of people. 

• Upvote 3

Just now, Ben Gooding said:

Yep. And we may have not had a player of this magnitude come in from the JUCO ranks this class, but there are some other very good JUCO players coming in to help shore up this team. That's why when I read 2-10 being held in regard as a success I get frustrated. It should be more than apparent that this staff is trying to win right now, not in year 3. Now I am not saying that we are going to go 10-2 and give Florida everything they want in The Swamp. But I am saying we should be much, much more competitive within our league. We may surprise a lot of people. 

You are absolutely right that we could surprise people, but there's a reason we are rated where we are. People understand the situation here. All I have been trying to say is that we shouldn't get down on Littrell or the program if we see a 2 win season in 2016.

I think Littrell has a real chance of turning this thing around in the next few years. I want him to be the guy that gets a job at a bigger name because of success he has here. I just don't think that the schedule in the upcoming year, with a brand new offensive philosophy that is completely the opposite of what we have run in the previous 5 years, and a roster that is still void of a lot of developed FBS talent equals a big season.

I'm telling you right now that if we win 4 or more games this season, Seth Littrell's time in Denton may not even make it beyond the next season--that is how fast his star could rise here, if he gets to bowl eligibility by Year 2. The schools above us our going to be salivating over him being their next head coach.

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, untjim1995 said:

You are absolutely right that we could surprise people, but there's a reason we are rated where we are. People understand the situation here. All I have been trying to say is that we shouldn't get down on Littrell or the program if we see a 2 win season in 2016.

I think Littrell has a real chance of turning this thing around in the next few years. I want him to be the guy that gets a job at a bigger name because of success he has here. I just don't think that the schedule in the upcoming year, with a brand new offensive philosophy that is completely the opposite of what we have run in the previous 5 years, and a roster that is still void of a lot of developed FBS talent equals a big season.

I'm telling you right now that if we win 4 or more games this season, Seth Littrell's time in Denton may not even make it beyond the next season--that is how fast his star could rise here, if he gets to bowl eligibility by Year 2. The schools above us our going to be salivating over him being their next head coach.

And my money says our former AD didn't tie in any real incentives in the even that this takes place. See Colorado State and Jim McElwain and what Florida and to do to just give the keys to McElwain. It'll make you sick seeing that kind of deal take place at another "G5" school. 

19 hours ago, Harry said:

Love this kid so much already!! 

Photo credit: recruitingnewsguru.com

I will also be a part of a new era at the University Of North Texas! GMG!

4 hours ago, untjim1995 said:

I also hope we loose a coach because of his success. The beauty of the current situation is I believe we have some very strong assistant coaches that are  head coaching material! Never had said that before!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Yeah.   He must have heard about the deal we're about to sign with the Cowboys.

Move over SMU, TCU, TWU, UTA, UTD, A&M-C, MSU.  UNT is THE University of North Texas!

This train of thought should be marketed the hell out of. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MeanGreenHoops said:

Didn't we beat out Nebraska for one of those big-time LB's too? I wonder if someone at Nebraska is asking why do we keep losing out on recruits to North Texas. Maybe we should join the Big 10?

Having left the upper midwest for Texas over 50 years ago, I know why I did...I suspect that those passing on Nebraska consider the same.

220px-Stanthorpe-brass-monkey-1942.jpg

The phrase "cold enough to freeze the balls off (or on) a brass monkey" is a colloquial expression used by some English speakers. The reference to the testes (as the term balls is commonly understood to mean) of the brass monkey appears to be a 20th-century variant on the expression, prefigured by a range of references to other body parts, especially the nose and tail.

• Upvote 1

So did Alabama and Nebraska actually offer? Vito's article said they just showed interest. Either way he's a stud, but can you clarify @TheReal_jayD?

2 hours ago, MeanGreenHoops said:

Didn't we beat out Nebraska for one of those big-time LB's too? I wonder if someone at Nebraska is asking why do we keep losing out on recruits to North Texas. Maybe we should join the Big 10?

Johnson, the linebacker from Arizona Western CC, was originally a Nebraska commit although they were no longer recruiting him when we got him.

Edited by BillySee58
  • Upvote 1