• Welcome to GoMeanGreen.com!

Thank you for visiting us!  Registering is easy and free, and provides you with the ability to participate in the discussions along with many cool features and content.

UNT lands key recruit Raveon Hoston!

"Didn't I read somewhere that his only other offers were FCS and D2? Sooooooo....This should seem like a no-brainer unless Cali is his home and he wants to stay there."

As per Vito, Washington State has jumped into the mix for Hoston and sound pretty serious about it.

Edited by akriesman

3 hours ago, akriesman said:

"Didn't I read somewhere that his only other offers were FCS and D2? Sooooooo....This should seem like a no-brainer unless Cali is his home and he wants to stay there."

As per Vito, Washington State has jumped into the mix for Hoston and sound pretty serious about it.

No bueno. Well, this is an opportunity to win a recruit over a sub par P5 team. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

4 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

No bueno. Well, this is an opportunity to win a recruit over a sub par P5 team. 

9-4 overall, 6-3 in the PAC 10. Hardly subpar. Pirate doing pirate things. 

On the bright side, they did also lose to Portland St... But by 56 less points than UNT.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 5

9 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

9-4 overall, 6-3 in the PAC 10. Hardly subpar. Pirate doing pirate things. 

On the bright side, they did also lose to Portland St... But by 56 less points than UNT.

20-29 under Leach. 

Before Leach arrived...9-40 under Wulff. 

29-69 since 2008. That rivals our kind of suckness. 

Last year's 9-4 was their best year since 2003. Coincidentally it was their first winning season since 2003 as well. Sub par might be an overestimation on my part. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 4

15 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

20-29 under Leach. 

Before Leach arrived...9-40 under Wulff. 

29-69 since 2008. That rivals our kind of suckness. 

Last year's 9-4 was their best year since 2003. Coincidentally it was their first winning season since 2003 as well. Sub par might be an overestimation on my part. 

So you think that was a one and done for Leach? You think Mike Leach is Dan McCarney? Then this can't mean good things for UNT's offense, considering they hired their OC from this same underachieving team. And that OC's entire one year of on the field coaching experience happened at Wash St. Oh the horror!

This isn't 2010 Wash St. 

14 minutes ago, TreeFiddy said:

Isn't Washington State the team that lost to Portland State last year?

Isn't UNT the team that suffered the worst loss in college football history to Portland St last year?

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 9

3 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

So you think that was a one and done for Leach? You think Mike Leach is Dan McCarney? Then this can't mean good things for UNT's offense, considering they hired their OC from this same underachieving team. And that OC's entire one year of on the field coaching experience happened at Wash St. Oh the horror!

This isn't 2010 Wash St. 

Isn't UNT the team that suffered the worst loss in college football history to Portland St last year?

I'm just talking what is. You are talking what you think it will be. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

16 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

You know, maybe following college football just isn't your thing...

Because Washington St historically is garbage and I pointed it out? And 90 comes in and states an extreme outlier? Washington State to the Pac12 is what Iowa St is to the Big12. Leach will get the boot...he almost got it last year but he saved his season. He'll get it eventually. Some places are just difficult to win at and Wash St is one of those places. 

Point is..we need this guy to be in green next year. Not in red playing in a wanna-be P5 stadium that uncomfortably seats 35K. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5

A lot of those defenders that quit on their coaches last year are no longer here and hopefully many of those that are still here will lose their spot to a more capable player.

An unfortunate combination of having a team lay down against a capable FCS team, as demonstrated by their win over a P5 bowl team in the same year. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Ben Gooding said:

I'm just talking what is. You are talking what you think it will be. 

No, you are talking what was. Washington St was a good team last year that won a bowl game over an ACC Opponent, not what they were in 2010.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, UNT90 said:

No, you are talking what was. Washington St was a good team last year that won a bowl game over an ACC Opponent, not what they were in 2010.

What they were in 2010? Or how about 2011-2014? Or 2004-2010? You're wrong and that's OK. We've had 1 winning season in the last decade. They've had 1 winning season in the past 13 years. Their 1 just happened to come last season. 1/13 is what is, not what was. Just like 1/10 or 11 is what is for us at North Texas. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

When Wazzou has a good coach, they are usually tough. Mike Price made Wazzou tough for a long time and they went to two Rose Bowls in his tenure, as well as defeating Texas in the Holiday Bowl when Mack had the Longhorns rolling as a top ten program.

Mike Leach is following in those footsteps. He took over the worst P5 program at its lowest and has methodically gotten them better, just like he did at Tech. Hopefully, these Leach disciples, Littrell and Harrell, can follow his same path here in Denton. But when you take over the worst of anything, it takes a while to get it fixed, which is usually about three years if the coach gets things right. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

22 hours ago, Ben Gooding said:

What they were in 2010? Or how about 2011-2014? Or 2004-2010? You're wrong and that's OK. We've had 1 winning season in the last decade. They've had 1 winning season in the past 13 years. Their 1 just happened to come last season. 1/13 is what is, not what was. Just like 1/10 or 11 is what is for us at North Texas. 

Well, if we're talking about current recruits, aren't we talking about current results?

I think you're both right.  WSU is historically a sub-par P5 team.  But their most recent record is to the contrary and is what will factor in the heaviest for the current recruiting cycle.

The excitement that Leach generated in Lubbock could potentially validate any "we're on the up-and-up" claim that Leach tells recruits.

• Upvote 2

• Harry pinned this topic
  • Harry unpinned this topic