MGB: Did SMU take a very subtle shot at UNT this week?

Brett Vito

16 hours ago, UNT90 said:

The 200 SMU fans in attendance at a game 30 miles from their own  campus will show you they don't care and, quite frankly, never will.

They have 30 fans in attendance at games in Dallas.  

And they don't care about us...the same way ex-girlfriends who "follow" your Facebook activity don't care

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

16 hours ago, UNT90 said:

The 200 SMU fans in attendance at a game 30 miles from their own  campus will show you they don't care and, quite frankly, never will.

Well, isn't that the same 200 fans that attends their home games at Ford?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Y'all.

SMU won TWO &@$%(#@% games last year. They won ONE *(@%#$&%#( game the year before that.

Since Apogee opened we have won either AS MANY *!%$@*%@#) games, or maybe one more.

We have a BETTER home %.

Attitude is half the battle, and SMU is winning that battle of "who's slightly less shitty".

Edited by Aldo
  • Upvote 3

19 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Well, isn't that the same 200 fans that attends their home games at Ford?

We make jokes, but SMU draws a solid 14k for home games (not the 22k they always report). Of that 14k, about 200 will make the short trip up I35 to see their team play in a "alternate site home game."

Because they could care less abouts game against what they and most of the FBS football playing world consider a glorified FCS team. 

It is what it is. 

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 11

“Tee is high and let it fly.”

Was this really Coach Littrell's quote?  If so, we are in trouble.

Outside of that, and the obvious photoshop job, it is quite apparent that this picture should be exhibit A for defensive pass interference.  Freakin' losers.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

20 minutes ago, Aldo said:

Y'all.

SMU won TWO &@$%(#@% games last year. They won ONE *(@%#$&%#( game the year before that.

Since Apogee opened we have won either AS MANY *!%$@*%@#) games, or maybe one more.

We have a BETTER home %.

Attitude is half the battle, and SMU is winning that battle of "who's slightly less shitty".

This. 

Some on here act as if we're playing the 70's Steelers on 9/3. We're playing a team who has won 3 games in 2 years. 3. THREE. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, UNT90 said:

We make jokes, but SMU draws a solid 14k for home games (not the 22k they always report). Of that 15k, about 200 will make the short trip up I35 to see their team play in a "alternate sight home game."

Because they could care less abouts game against what they and most of the FBS football playing world consider a glorified FCS team. 

It is what it is. 

Is it 14k or 15k.  Seems like you might be in line as an attendance counter at SMU.  Did you ever stop to realize that out of that, I will compromise and say 14.5K in attendance, only 200 are SMU fans and the remainder are for the visiting team?

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Is it 14k or 15k.  Seems like you might be in line as an attendance counter at SMU.  Did you ever stop to realize that out of that, I will compromise and say 14.5K in attendance, only 200 are SMU fans and the remainder are for the visiting team?

http://espn.go.com/college-football/game?gameId=400764914

15k announced attendance for Tulane, who brought about 10 fans. 

That means actual attendance was probably around 10k. Of that, 200 or less make the trip to Debtin to see a team that is an afterthought to them, if a thought at all. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 8

7 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

http://espn.go.com/college-football/game?gameId=400764914

15k announced attendance for Tulane, who brought about 10 fans. 

That means actual attendance was probably around 10k. Of that, 200 or less make the trip to Debtin to see a team that is an afterthought to them, if a thought at all. 

Your argument is actually self defeating.  What you are arguing, in essence, is that they have such a committed fanbase that they won't travel 30 miles to see THEIR team play.  Or are you, with even a modicum of seriousness, trying to have us believe that they would purposefully miss a chance to see their team just to display their lack of interest in NT?  You can try (desperately) to dress it up as not caring about the opponent all you want, it just doesn't hold water.  

My lord, you are nothing more than a failed bit these days.

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 2

3 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

Your argument is actually self defeating.  What you are arguing, in essence, is that they have such a committed fanbase that they won't travel 30 miles to see THEIR team play.  Or are you, with even a modicum of seriousness, trying to have us believe that they would purposefully miss a chance to see their team just to display their lack of interest in NT?  You can try (desperately) to dress it up as not caring about the opponent all you want, it just doesn't hold water.  

My lord, you are nothing more than a failed bit these days.

As SMU's biggest fan, I shoulda expected this from you.

They won't "purposely" do anything, except not attend a game they don't care about. Not because it's UNT, but because it's a bad opponent they don't care to see.

Like Butt Cookman will be for many UNT fans second game of the season. UNT fans (all 50 of them these days) just have zero interest in Butt Cookmam and will forget the game ever took place if UNT wins. If UNT loses, they will bemoan the loss to an unworthy (in their eyes) opponent.

This is what we are to SMU, no matter how much your little mean green heart and SMU football game attending butt wants to admit it. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 16

It most certainly is a shot at Littrell's 'Let it Fly' motto.

Quit with the inferiority complex.  It's the first game of the season for both teams.  If Texas or OU were our first game, instead of SMU, and dropped the same tweet with a photo of our WR getting decleated there would be no question it was a shot.  Because it's dirty, stinking schmoo, and everyone on here gets all puckered up about them, we've got UNT90 successfully trolling all of you.  1) It's called marketing--for ALL the games on your schedule.  2) We're living in the age of the Internet.  Everyone is constantly up on everyone else.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, TIgreen01 said:

It most certainly is a shot at Littrell's 'Let it Fly' motto.

Quit with the inferiority complex.  It's the first game of the season for both teams.  If Texas or OU were our first game, instead of SMU, and dropped the same tweet with a photo of our WR getting decleated there would be no question it was a shot.  Because it's dirty, stinking schmoo, and everyone on here gets all puckered up about them, we've got UNT90 successfully trolling all of you.  1) It's called marketing--for ALL the games on your schedule.  2) We're living in the age of the Internet.  Everyone is constantly up on everyone else.

7A9085.gif

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 6

11 hours ago, Harry said:

I expect SMU to have a much better crowd this year. 

Why?   They only won 2 games last year.  
Maybe if they do well early on, attendance will increase at the end of the year... but they're still in Dallas, and are comprised fully of DFW's trademarked bandwagon fans.   SMU fans (in general) are just as excited about their football program as UNT fans (in general) are about ours.

15 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Why?   They only won 2 games last year.  
Maybe if they do well early on, attendance will increase at the end of the year... but they're still in Dallas, and are comprised fully of DFW's trademarked bandwagon fans.   SMU fans (in general) are just as excited about their football program as UNT fans (in general) are about ours.

Didn't we use a phony pony helmet during fall camp as a motivational item?

6 minutes ago, Army of Dad said:

Didn't we use a phony pony helmet during fall camp as a motivational item?

Indeed.

More to Emmitt's point above, UNT fans showed up to Ford last year even though our team was not very good the prior year.  SMU doesn't travel anywhere... they can't even travel a decent chunk of fans to Denton.   I believe it's because they are not a winner, and the fan "demographic" at SMU simply cannot be associated with a loser.  If SMU were 10-2 last season, I think you would see Apogee split 50-50... If not more red than green.

• Upvote 1

'90 hates the University of North Texas.  And he will until Rick Villareal quits or is fired.  Then '90 will smugly take credit for removing RV's ugly shadow from the university he has always loved and supported.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 2

21 hours ago, UNT90 said:

We make jokes, but SMU draws a solid 14k for home games (not the 22k they always report). Of that 14k, about 200 will make the short trip up I35 to see their team play in a "alternate site home game."

smu's "true" football fans are all pretty much in nursing homes these days. About the only time I've seen their stadium legitimately close to half full or more is through major promotions (DISD for an SFA game) or against an old SWC foe. Considering that it's opening day, my guess would be that they will bring in a mildly decent contingent this time. By that I mean maybe a couple of thousand. I will be shocked if they bring in a crowd even remotely close to 5k (won't happen), which really should be the absolute minimum for this match up in Denton no matter how bad either one of us are.