SMU 12 point road favs against UNT 2016

3 hours ago, Ben Gooding said:

Your hate for RV is turning you into a dumbass. No offense. 

Lol. Watch and see. This has to do with talent on the field, not the Hattiesburg Hustler. UNT needs to hope they can just keep the actual game under 20.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 18

I don't have us favored against anybody until I'm shown reason to believe otherwise.  I think this is gonna be a rough year ahead until Littrell can recruit some talent.  His ability as a head coach is also a complete unknown.  Could be Knute friggin' Rockne, could be Todd Dodge.  I believe nothing until I see anymore.

• Upvote 5

8 minutes ago, oldguystudent said:

I don't have us favored against anybody until I'm shown reason to believe otherwise.  I think this is gonna be a rough year ahead until Littrell can recruit some talent.  His ability as a head coach is also a complete unknown.  Could be Knute friggin' Rockne, could be Todd Dodge.  I believe nothing until I see anymore.

Yep.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

22 hours ago, UNT90 said:

I bet it settles around 15 or 16 by kickoff.

I don't know why anyone would become indignant at this comment.  Betting lines are based around what people are willing to bet.  Bettors will see a matchup that was won 31-13 by SMU last year.  They will see that SMU is bringing in the #75 recruiting class in the country while NT had the #114 class.  They will see that SMU is bringing back their starting QB while UNT will be starting a QB who has only thrown one pass.  They will see that UNT is bringing in a new coaching staff with limited experience in their present responsibilities.  What would convince them to bet on UNT losing by less than 2 touchdowns?

I'm not necessarily saying that's how it will shake out on the field, but that's immaterial to what was stated in the post above.

Edited by Mean Green 93-98
  • Upvote 4

On ‎5‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 10:31 AM, oldguystudent said:

We will probably be the favorite in our game against Butt Cookman. Everyone else will be favored against us, as they should be. We are considered #128 for a reason. I know that nobody likes to admit that, but it doesn't make it any less true. SMU being favored by around 2 TDs is probably right, when you factor in that they beat us by 18 at their place and the home field advantage at Apogee is probably worth about 6 points or so.  Morris will use this game like Kragthorpe did at Tulsa when they played us--a regional team that beating them badly will only help their recruiting.

3 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

We are considered #128 for a reason.

My actual thoughts on that?  It has become difficult for me to mentally reconcile that UNT actually has a football team.  I drove by the stadium on Saturday on my was up to Fischer's.  I get mail with pictures of UNT helmets and invitations to coaching caravan things that happened last week.  The evidence that we have a football team is here, there, it's everywhere.

But we've been so magnificently bad for the entirety of my knowledge of UNT football, 2013 notwithstanding, that my head has gone in to some kind of fight or flight mode, and has repressed the conscious knowledge that we field a team.

Football games have become something I attend, and then don't remember, and this two or three years AFTER I mostly stopped drinking at games.

So many years of ineptitude have rendered me numb and automatonic. 

• Upvote 3

On 5/15/2016 at 2:32 PM, UNTexas said:

I just hope we win a few games. If it's anything like last year I won't be able to stomach it. 

Questions on available talent and a 180 in offensive philosophy will make this a very tough year to sit through. I'm still questioning why I re-upped for season tickets. I'm fully expecting 1-3 wins, max.  

• Upvote 2

22 hours ago, Got5onIt said:

Questions on available talent and a 180 in offensive philosophy will make this a very tough year to sit through. I'm still questioning why I re-upped for season tickets. I'm fully expecting 1-3 wins, max.  

This is spot-on. I think one win equals last year and still represents that we have started the process of moving back up, but we don't have enough talent to make that move quickly. Winning 2 games is solid progress, just because it probably means we win our FCS game and probably a game against one of the Texas schools in CUSA West. If we win three or more games, Littrell is basically showing the college football world that he is gonna be a far better head coach than anyone could have imagined. But if we go winless, we are still trying to find a bottom for this program and it won't be found until 2017, at the earliest.

• Upvote 1