Alex Ross to Graduate, Transfer

8 minutes ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

Does he have 1 or 2 yrs left?  It said he is a red-shirt Jr. That would be nice if he had 2 years left, and he could walk with a MeanGreen_MBA!!  See what I did...

He was a red-shirt Jr. last season, per the article. He would be a one-and-done. Considering our needs, he could help us greatly for this coming season.

• Upvote 1

I'll probably catch grief for this but is he good enough to take the starting spot from Wilson. Wilson is a really stinkin good back. Ross wants to be a full-time starter and I'm not sure we can offer that to him. I like the return thing but he is already the starting kick returner at OU within striking distance of their all-time return yardage record. He won't be going anywhere to be a return guy and part-time running back.

1 hour ago, Cr1028 said:

I'll probably catch grief for this but is he good enough to take the starting spot from Wilson. Wilson is a really stinkin good back. Ross wants to be a full-time starter and I'm not sure we can offer that to him. I like the return thing but he is already the starting kick returner at OU within striking distance of their all-time return yardage record. He won't be going anywhere to be a return guy and part-time running back.

Yeah, I see that as a possibility. I doubt that he could supplant Wilson strictly as a running back. You never know, he might be happy if we worked him into another offensive skill position while backing up Wilson. I never got a (real good time) I didn't ask for! Let Littrell and Harrell ask him what would keep him happy. With one season only to work with him, not many folks are going to offer him everything he wants, IMO.

Edited by EagleMBA
  • Upvote 3