Selling the Mean Green bus

Sound_Man

no need to be sorry and sad everyone, not going anywhere just looking to do something different. 

this is a good piece for someone and thought i would try here before i sent it out all over the place and all the unt got stripped off of it. It is painted with an enamel machinery paint that isn't going anywhere, all the logos are just decals and can be easily removed or changed

final price depends on how much stuff someone wants with it ie genreator, tv's grill, kick ass helmet beer etc   but in the range of 15-17k

runs and drives just fine with no issues, passes inspection and registered as an rv so no special lisc required. Wouldn't hesitate to jump in it for another road trip

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Sound_Man said:

no need to be sorry and sad everyone, not going anywhere just looking to do something different. 

this is a good piece for someone and thought i would try here before i sent it out all over the place and all the unt got stripped off of it. It is painted with an enamel machinery paint that isn't going anywhere, all the logos are just decals and can be easily removed or changed

final price depends on how much stuff someone wants with it ie genreator, tv's grill, kick ass helmet beer etc   but in the range of 15-17k

runs and drives just fine with no issues, passes inspection and registered as an rv so no special lisc required. Wouldn't hesitate to jump in it for another road trip

It is too bad this isnt a year or two later, this bad boy might be mine.  Hope a Mean Green Fan can buy it! 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Sound_Man said:

@aztecskin and I can personally attest to how awesome the the helmet beer mechanism is:

Also I feel like @JohnWilliams could do wonders with this thing.

• Upvote 6

Sad day!  Sad week!

Idaho dropping down 

New Mexico State in the crosshairs 

selling of the Mean Green Bus

#makeitstop already!

Win a football game Good Guys!!!!!

go mean green!!!!!

• Upvote 1

15 pitching in $1,000 a piece
30 pitching in $500 a piece
60 pitching in $250 a piece
120 pitching in $125 a piece
250 pitching in $60 a piece

Here's another angle, why wouldn't an on-campus organization be interested in this, like say a fraternity?  Or, jointly, a fraternity and sorority?  It would be a pretty awesome tailgating piece for a student group, I'd say.

How about the alumni group?  They could use it as a place to inspire people to join for the alumni organization during tailgates, and at local meetings and functions. 

Would also be a nice show piece for the athletic department, but....

These are all just ideas.

Any student who might happen to read this message board?  They should contact the student run newspaper to have an article written about it to, possibly, gin up interest from on-campus groups.

• Upvote 3

43 minutes ago, MeanGreenMailbox said:

15 pitching in $1,000 a piece
30 pitching in $500 a piece
60 pitching in $250 a piece
120 pitching in $125 a piece
250 pitching in $60 a piece

Here's another angle, why wouldn't an on-campus organization be interested in this, like say a fraternity?  Or, jointly, a fraternity and sorority?  It would be a pretty awesome tailgating piece for a student group, I'd say.

How about the alumni group?  They could use it as a place to inspire people to join for the alumni organization during tailgates, and at local meetings and functions. 

Would also be a nice show piece for the athletic department, but....

These are all just ideas.

Any student who might happen to read this message board?  They should contact the student run newspaper to have an article written about it to, possibly, gin up interest from on-campus groups.

Me gusta the Alumni Association. I fear that, with a student organization, it might get sticky. From the beer spills, you see...
@Christopher Walker slash @KRAM1does the Alumni Association have a spare $15K? Or do we need to GoFundDisHoe?

Otherwise, I'm good for $60 and a socialbus society. Just 249 to go...

@Sound_Man, sorry your genuine plea has been somewhat derailed by silliness. For what it's worth, I REALLY want this machine to live on in one of our hands. I would bring friends in from out of town and, when they would see this beast, they would be impressed that UNT actually had fans invested enough in its sports for that glorious tribute to exist.

Edited by Tyler Maryak
  • Upvote 4

Or you can buy a percentage of the bus, i.e. not equal shares. I am in for 250-500. Seems like if we get enough to go in, we can make it a game day central for GMG.com patrons. Sadly, the legal part gets into this. If we take a collective ownership, we have to collectively insure it, store it, etc.

I picture something similar to this, collectively bringing together some of our most dedicated fans to put on a true game day spread to enhance the game day experience....parking lot pageantry, if you will.

http://www.krewedechew.net/

Perhaps one of our legal savvy posters can let us know what is involved in collective ownership of the "team bus." 

GMG

• Upvote 4