UNT spring game stats, players who stood out

Harry

North Texas conducted its annual spring game that really wasn’t a game this year on Saturday. The Mean Green elected to simply scrimmage due to a lack of depth.

That format still allowed several players to finish off the spring on a high note. I have finally had a chance to type in the complete stats that were handed out.

They should be pretty close to accurate. UNT’s sports information crew, myself and a few other media types tried to be as close as we could, which was a bit of a challenge with the format.

So, who really helped themselves in the last workout of the spring?

Here are three:

Wide receiver Tee Goree – UNT is going to throw the ball and throw it a lot next season, which is going to make having someone to throw it to kind of important.

Read more:  http://meangreenblog.dentonrc.com/2016/04/unt-spring-game-stats-players-who-stood-out.html/

2 hours ago, untcampbell said:

Seems like there was another Buyers catch that made the MGP video. But agree, the one they called out of bounds was a great catch. Wish that ref would have been in Austin in 1988.

GMG

Me too! Buyers looked good.

I like to see those receiving stats. Plenty of passes to go around and I recall seeing some good catches as well. Feels great to go into next season with an offense that may be able to score a few points... For once (Since the magical HOD season).

8 hours ago, southsideguy said:

h

He did make a catch but they called him out of bounds but it was a nice catch

It really was a great catch. So pissed it was out of bounds. I wanted him to get a chance to show everyone what he could do at WR. Either way, I hear he is a great leader. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

Seems like several OL are missing from the Spring roster as well (unless I missed that they were already gone).  I don't see Ryan Rentfro, Avery Fortenberry, Jordan Siegert, Kyle Mealey, Harrison Sorge, Dominick Walker.

I really hope this is just due to human error.  That is a lot of young guys to lose, but might explain why we kept recruiting juco OL in the Spring.

12 minutes ago, TreeFiddy said:

Seems like several OL are missing from the Spring roster as well (unless I missed that they were already gone).  I don't see Ryan Rentfro, Avery Fortenberry, Jordan Siegert, Kyle Mealey, Harrison Sorge, Dominick Walker.

I really hope this is just due to human error.  That is a lot of young guys to lose, but might explain why we kept recruiting juco OL in the Spring.

Wow. Just saw the updated roster. Walker was one we knew about, but the others were not.

We have to remember that Littrell is still trying to fix the character of this program and get rid of players who won't get on board with fixing this thing. I suspect that the way we saw so many quit on our university during the Portland State fiasco is being addressed with so many guys being gone. It's gonna hurt a lot today, but we just have to hope he can fix this program during his tenure here by taking lumps now and instilling a mindset to build or upon both in the locker room and on the field.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

On July 14, 2016 at 11:20 PM, untjim1995 said:

We have to remember that Littrell is still trying to fix the character of this program and get rid of players who won't get on board with fixing this thing. I suspect that the way we saw so many quit on our university during the Portland State fiasco is being addressed with so many guys being gone. It's gonna hurt a lot today, but we just have to hope he can fix this program during his tenure here by taking lumps now and instilling a mindset to build or upon both in the locker room and on the field.

Bingo!

Rick

• Upvote 1