33 minutes ago, Christopher Walker said:

"Need To Get That Fixed: the North Texas Athletics Story"

This whole thread kinda gave me the blues...then I thought about an old song by Delbert McClinton that seemed to fit...so here 'tis!

Edited by EagleMBA
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Dr. Seuss said:

It's an error, it doesn't matter who's fault, there was an error. These errors seem to happen everytime North Texas tries to do something. 

Who cares if North Texas not paying for it, that shouldn't matter. 

Yeah, but that doesn't fit the agenda of it NOT being the athletic departments fault. It's the small things that matter, and when those small deficiencies start to mount it leads to incompetence. This is just ironic that it comes at the brink of being told to quit harassing the AD. Looks, quacks, walks. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

4 hours ago, Harry said:

I just received word from the athletic department.  This was not their error, they only did what the vendor asked them to do, which was record the Littrell message.  The vendor is not going to be charging North Texas for their error. 

Who picked the vendor?   Who didn't ask to review the final product before it when out live to customers?  What a cluster.   

• Upvote 5

The thing is, when Harry called, the reaction wasn't "sorry, we made a terrible mistake and will get it fixed ASAP." The reaction was to blame someone, anyone else. That is the culture that is perpetuated by Rick Villarreal.

And its poisonous. 

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 6

12 hours ago, Quoner said:

I'll do whatever you want, Seth. Please leave my family alone.

Me: "You listen to me Dan McCarney, Seth Littrell, or whoever you are...  If you want ransom, I don't have money.  What I do have, is a very particular set of skills... skills I have acquired over a very long career... skills that make me a nightmare for robots like you.  I will find you, and I will kill you." 
Untitled-150x150.jpg

DM/SL: "Hey, come to the spring game y'all!"

Me: "Oh, heh, ok coach."
Bashful.jpg

• Upvote 3

13 hours ago, oldguystudent said:

I got the McCarney call.

Then I got a second call saying I was gonna get the correct call.

Then I got the correct call.

This made me actually LOL. Might make it part of my signature...

13 hours ago, Christopher Walker said:

"Need To Get That Fixed: the North Texas Athletics Story"

And this. This too.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Got5onIt said:

LOL!!

I got the Dan McCarney screw up call this morning and said WTF???  Just got the Robo apology. Don't want to sound too much like UNT90, but Jesus H. Christ this is typical North Texas bullshizzy.

The robo apology sounded like it may have been robo-drunk.   Slurred speech and mispronouncing the head coach's name: "Seth Literal".   Shame on them.

• Upvote 1

I am sitting in one of 154 Forbes Five Star hotels in Shanghai right now.  My message to them earlier today was, "Five Stars don't take a play off.  They make mistakes like other hotels but they mask them better.  Most of the time someone swoops in and catches the error before it hits the ground, and great recoveries can be brilliant."

Our mess ups blow up on the front page of the enquirer. Be pissed please.  Someone please be pissed at how this drama unfolded.  It has to be unacceptable to someone else other than the unt diehards.

GMG

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3