Nice NTDaily write up on Seth Littrell

GMGEagle

Head football coach Littrell hoping to turn Mean Green around

Reece Waddell | Senior Staff Writer

@ReeceWaddel15

It did not take long for Mean Green students, fans and even football players to begin drawing comparisons between fictional football coach Eric Taylor from the television series “Friday Night Lights” and new Mean Green head coach Seth Littrell.

In a state where football might as well be a religion in some towns, like fictitious Dillon, Texas, Littrell and his imaginary counterpart share many of the same coaching experiences, like turning around programs some had lost hope for.

Before arriving at North Texas, Littrell helped orchestrate the revival of football at schools like Indiana University and the University of North Carolina – both more known for their basketball prowess. Like Littrell, Taylor is familiar with getting programs back on track, leading his underdog team to a state championship in the series finale. 

And although Littrell and Taylor are similar in more ways than one, some find their physical likeness even more remarkable – except Littrell.

“I don’t really look at myself that much so I don’t know,” Littrell said when asked if he has heard of the comparisons to Taylor. “I’ve heard that a bunch since I’ve been here. Hopefully he’s a really good looking fella and a good football coach, too.”

Littrell’s offensive coordinator Graham Harrell on the other hand, finds their resemblance uncanny.

“The other day in a staff meeting, he actually brought it up because someone asked him about it,” Harrell said. “He was like, ‘Y’all don’t see it do you?’ And everyone was just like ‘Uh, I don’t know about that coach.’”

Here's the link to the rest of the write up: http://ntdaily.com/head-football-coach-littrell-hoping-to-turn-mean-green-around/

• Upvote 1

This is a dichotomy of McCarney's style.  
Also, could you guys imagine running a 4-vert with McNulty throwing the ball?  That play is likely a sack.  This is where having Morris should help immensely.

“It’s not going out and being scared to fail,” Littrell said. “It’s about putting up four verticals and throwing it deep.”

Edited by MeanGreenTexan
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

This is a dichotomy of McCarney's style.  
Also, could you guys imagine running a 4-vert with McNulty throwing the ball?  That play is likely a sack.  This is where having Morris should help immensely.

Pick 6, on an incredibly under thrown ball, because he was tired of getting hit.  Or the Vert would be thrown at 12 yards so he could get the ball there. 

• Upvote 3

Or McCarney would set up four verts and run a draw play, because it's Dan McCarney.

Seriously so pumped for this guy. I think we knocked it out of the park with this hire and I'm hoping the next few seasons will show this.

It's interesting those who compare Littrell to Dodge. Dodge's spread was more of a death by a thousand cuts attack. This air raid is going to push the ball downfield and often. It will be fun to watch

• Upvote 3