Spring Game/Practice

MeanGreen_MBA

Unfortunately, I will not be able to make this years events.  My niece is getting married that afternoon (not great planning for sure).

let's get an official ROLE CALL on record of who can make it to the practice/simulated game/scrimmage....BASICALLY SUPPORT the team....  yes/no/reason please

Me: No/ family commitment (but wish I could be there)

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 9

5 hours ago, SilverEagle said:

Well, I won't be at the scrimmage for the first time in over a decade. I must be in Temple to help with my granddaughter.  See you all in the fall.

Sorry you had to miss. If it's any consolation, you've been right. Shanbour is the best QB we've got on the roster. Based on today, I'd start him against SMU.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 3

15 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

I'm all in on Shanbour. Morris was better than what we have had at QB the last few years but nothing overwhelming, at all. Very DT-esque. 

Morris looked better than anything I have seen at UNT at QB and shanbour looked lIke a quality backup.  

Morris made some throws I haven't ever seen from a UNT QB and some were in tight coverage.  Unlike previous Spring games he went against the 1st team, and they brought pressure and different looks.  I'm glad Morris didn't go against the 2s.  

Shanbour had wrs with more separation.  There was a big drop off with the 2nd team secondary.  In a normal situation preston and Brooks would have been leading that 2nd team secondary.  Shanbour looked good and made good decisions.

I saw some play making ability out there against the 1st team defense.  You add ivery to that and we may have something.  

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2