Softball Falls Again

UNTLifer

The surprise this year is they started out as well as they did.  Horrible CUSA record is what you would expect when all but 4 of last years team left the program.  

I don't know what happened last year but there were definitely severe problems that may or may not still exist.  Anyone who thinks that kind of exodus was not because of the coaching staff, is delusional.  

I hope this years collapse is due to inexperience and not some type of reoccurrence of whatever happened last year.  With RV you never know, but a competent AD would certainly be closely watching this team.    

• Upvote 6

On 4/25/2016 at 10:21 AM, UNTLifer said:

Speculation or fact?

Speculation. But it really should be fact. Alas...

On 4/25/2016 at 5:56 PM, GrandGreen said:

The surprise this year is they started out as well as they did.  Horrible CUSA record is what you would expect when all but 4 of last years team left the program.  

I don't know what happened last year but there were definitely severe problems that may or may not still exist.  Anyone who thinks that kind of exodus was not because of the coaching staff, is delusional.  

I hope this years collapse is due to inexperience and not some type of reoccurrence of whatever happened last year.  With RV you never know, but a competent AD would certainly be closely watching this team.    

I agree, until otherwise proven, all those players leaving last season is on the coach (particularly given all the rumors surrounding her exit at her last job), after all a big number of them were not graduating so the youth of the team is likely not a given but a problem she created. Because of that I am very reluctant to allow for the youth argument in her favor, to me she basically had to show results immeadately. And missing the tournament when it is at home is a really bad look too.

Edited by outoftown
  • Upvote 3

I really want this team to do well. I have only seen a few games, most earlier in the season, but I have never seen quit in these kids (this year, last year, ever). Hard to imagine, though, they have been outplayed 19 of the last 21. Especially the way they played early. Wishing the team good times.

GMG

12 hours ago, GrandGreen said:

Sweep by UTEP leaves NT with a 3-18 conference record. In all games, NT has lost 12 straight and 19 of the last 21.   

Apparently this team is getting worse as the season ebbs.    It is a very young team, but can it recovery next year?

Will have to wait and see if there is another massive round of turnover if Kee stays or if Kee is allowed back again...

Edited by Army of Dad

On May 5, 2016 at 7:12 PM, FirefightnRick said:

Dropped a 4-2 decision to Texas on the Lonhorn network.  We had a ton of chance in this game to tie or lead.  Started 7 freshmen tonight.  Good sign is they never quit and were in the game the whole way.

Rick

Watched a reply of the last three innings.  Players were wearing uniforms of one shade of green while our coaches were wearing a noticeably different shade of green. I just don't get it.