This may seem like a crazy question, but does anyone have one of the authentic white "Flying Worm" centennial throwback helmets that they'd be willing to part with? I'm seeking a unique gift for my father-in-law, who is finally retiring after forty years in public education. He is a fellow alumnus and former Mean Green football player who lettered for Coach Fry's squads in 1974 and 1975. I've already been informed by the athletic department that those particular helmets are long gone, so I thought I might as well ask around. If any of you has, or knows of, one that might be available for sale, will you please let me know? I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

Edited by Fry Guy
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, oldguystudent said:

They sold those helmets off after the game.  You may check with the AD and see if any remain.  

FYI

From the original post: " I've already been informed by the athletic department that those particular helmets are long gone, so I thought I might as well ask around."

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, forevereagle said:

Not exactly the same, but in lieu of the full size, you can get a mini helmet of that exact design here. I got one from there and it looks great. 

Or if you live in the frisco/plano area, you could go to field of dreams in the stonebriar mall. They sell the flying worm mini helmet. 

Just now, bstnsportsfan3 said:

Or if you live in the frisco/plano area, you could go to field of dreams in the stonebriar mall. They sell the flying worm mini helmet. 

The helmet I linked is the exact one that is being sought above, not the 70s era green one that you can get there. This is the white worm mini that was the one time worn as shown above.