A Very Important PSA

I must say, after reading another article about the real story, the movie is complete fiction. 

Another fact, starters hate guys like Rudy. They are banged up and trying to recover from the last game before the next game then along comes the gym class hero walk on that can't play properly while cutting everyone at the knees because he has no skill or talent but tries to be Johnny Hustle for coaches that will never let him see a game day field in order to no be fired.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

33 minutes ago, UNTexas said:

I must say, after reading another article about the real story, the movie is complete fiction. 

Another fact, starters hate guys like Rudy. They are banged up and trying to recover from the last game before the next game then along comes the gym class hero walk on that can't play properly while cutting everyone at the knees because he has no skill or talent but tries to be Johnny Hustle for coaches that will never let him see a game day field in order to no be fired.

Yea, I think I remember Joe Montana saying that they all thought it was a big joke and have heard others say Rudy is a big a-hole.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, UNTexas said:

Sounds like a certain red-head I knew, but actually had the coach convinced of his ability.

• Upvote 4

7 hours ago, Rudy said:

I'm glad people are able to think better of themselves at my expense. 

had you simply disagreed and expressed your opinion, at worst nobody, well at least not I, would've taken notice...at best perhaps we'd have had a decent discussion regarding the movie. 

but nah. instead you decided that a woman having an opinion and the audacity to express it publicly must solely be the result of her not having a big, strong, virile man like you in her life because everybody knows that a woman will know and more importantly stay in her place when she's getting that good dick. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 6

30 minutes ago, Censored by Laurie said:

had you simply disagreed and expressed your opinion, at worst nobody, well at least not I, would've taken notice...at best perhaps we'd have had a decent discussion regarding the movie. 

but nah. instead you decided that a woman having an opinion and the audacity to express it publicly must solely be the result of her not having a big, strong, virile man like you in her life because everybody knows that a woman will know and more importantly stay in her place when she's getting that good dick. 

Hold on, CBL is a woman or just plays one on the internets? Is CBL Finkle or Einhorn? I am confused as F.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

30 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

Hold on, CBL is a woman or just plays one on the internets? Is CBL Finkle or Einhorn? I am confused as F.

CBL is gender neutral...

1 hour ago, Censored by Laurie said:

I love how you impose the way you think a certain person thinks onto that person. I think there is a word for that...

Prejudice.

Also, Internet bullying must be really fun for you. Compensation?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

34 minutes ago, Censored by Laurie said:

the article's writer is a woman. 

Any "writer" that is unable to write an article without dropping "f bombs" in her article is a borderline professional.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

37 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

CBL is gender neutral...

I love how you impose the way you think a certain person thinks onto that person. I think there is a word for that...

Prejudice.

Also, Internet bullying must be really fun for you. Compensation?

ya. there was no ambiguity to Rudy's comment. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

36 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Any "writer" that is unable to write an article without dropping "f bombs" in her article is a borderline professional.

counter-point...ignoring viable words in the English language simply because they may make someone uncomfortable is a poor form of communication. 

that said, I don't see anywhere that I was lauding this piece for a potential Pulitzer. I agreed with the premise that Rudy is an awful, awful, awful movie and enjoyed the way in which this author communicated that point. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3