Lay off RV

eppy4life

3 hours ago, eppy4life said:

I'm used to it.  Believe me.  We all are.  I'll check in again in 3 months to see that you are still singing the same old tired song as always and have nothing more to contribute.  

Like this great contribution of yours after 3 months? 

Ok.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, eppy4life said:

Difference being building a program and the decisions made while doing so take years to evaluate.  

Not once did i say we're headed in the right direction.  I'm simply saying that I go away for a month from this site and come back to the same tired guys saying the same tired things.  You would think you get tired of whining about it all the time.  But to each his own I guess.  

"I for one can't wait to look back and point to our patience with RV as being the right move."

This is your quote. You are inferring that you believe (for whatever reason) that this train is on the right track steadily coasting down the path to success. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, eppy4life said:

Difference being building a program and the decisions made while doing so take years to evaluate.  

Not once did i say we're headed in the right direction.  I'm simply saying that I go away for a month from this site and come back to the same tired guys saying the same tired things.  You would think you get tired of whining about it all the time.  But to each his own I guess.  

You know the re-runs have nothing new when they have to hi-jack a positive story in ladies basketball of all things. This is their ( maybe one guy) mission! I think they want all of us to feel as miserable as they (maybe one guy) do!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5

Hey it's been a rough decade in football and basketball has been disappointing as well.  The negativity is simply based on results or a lack thereof.  RV has taken his share.  I am optimistic about next season however.  I think things will get more positive as we get deeper into spring training. There really has not been a lot of news as we don't have baseball and the hoops curtain closed. 

2 hours ago, Wag Tag said:

You know the re-runs have nothing new when they have to hi-jack a positive story in ladies basketball of all things. This is their ( maybe one guy) mission! I think they want all of us to feel as miserable as they (maybe one guy) do!

Positive story??

lol.

And make no mistake, this was a straight troll thread.

Eppy, do you have a personal relationship with Rick Villarreal?

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 4

I gotta admit that this bait thread is somewhat impressive though the topic choice was a little too easy since it would inevitably draw a very negative response. Personally, I would have chose something more subtle but nice job OP.

Edited by Cougar King
  • Upvote 3

16 hours ago, eppy4life said:

I'm used to it.  Believe me.  We all are.  I'll check in again in 3 months to see that you are still singing the same old tired song as always and have nothing more to contribute.  

Go ahead and make it three years, instead...

14 hours ago, MeanGreenTeeth said:

I wonder if I should add this to my signature.......

Best avatar on this site...

• Upvote 1

Sooooooo any chance RV was steering while Riley worked the pedals? Wait, no no no it was Riley hiring the coaches while RV drank Grey Goose and showed people where his back needed patting. I sure miss the days of Craig Helwig and nobody even pretending they cared. Thems were the good old days.

1 hour ago, UNT90 said:

Who is the worse AD, Helwig or Rick Villarreal? 

I submit Rick Villarreal. He has done far less with far more than Helwig.

I won't go that far. Maybe in hiring but otherwise RV has done much more than Helwig in my mind. RV deserves to move on but I don't think he is as bad as Helwig.

20 minutes ago, Censored by Laurie said:

what other school the size of North Texas in a market the size of DFW is there? 

well...thanks google:

James W. Schmidt has been the athletic director for the University of Illinois - Chicago (enrollment a tad under 30,000) for 25 years. they don't have a football program...but their basketball program under Schmidt's guidance has three NCAA tourney appearances and one NIT, all under now retired head coach Jimmy Collins (who in his 14 years at UIC amassed a 218-208 record, more than twice the wins of any coach in the school's history).

Schmidt replaced Collins with Howard Moore who managed one winning season in five, with an overall record of 49-111 before making way for new hire Steve McClain last season, who took a 10 win team from Moore and managed to win 5. Since moving into the Horizon league in '94, UIC is 145-210 in conference. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

I'm not sure I've seen 46 downvotes on one post before. Is that a record or is there a post out there even more hated than this?

Still no answer on whether or not he has a personal relationship with Rick Villarreal. IF this was a serious post (highly doubtful, as it goes against all logic), I'd be willing to bet there is a friendship there. Because that's how things are done at UNT and by Rick Villarreal.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

17 minutes ago, Censored by Laurie said:

well...thanks google:

James W. Schmidt has been the athletic director for the University of Illinois - Chicago (enrollment a tad under 30,000) for 25 years. they don't have a football program...but their basketball program under Schmidt's guidance has three NCAA tourney appearances and one NIT, all under now retired head coach Jimmy Collins (who in his 14 years at UIC amassed a 218-208 record, more than twice the wins of any coach in the school's history).

Schmidt replaced Collins with Howard Moore who managed one winning season in five, with an overall record of 49-111 before making way for new hire Steve McClain last season, who took a 10 win team from Moore and managed to win 5. Since moving into the Horizon league in '94, UIC is 145-210 in conference. 

Schmidt sounds like he could be the lead candidate to replace RV as the AD here if/when he retires/dies...