Aldo

Call out your bold 2016 sleeper before everyone else.

Guys like Ivery and Goree don't count.

I will go with Thadd Thompson. He's big, strong, and aggressive at the LOS and I liked his JUCO tape. He's got one year under his belt at the FBS level, and hopefully with a good QB. He can function well as an outside receiver. 

O/U at 40 rec 600 yards 4 TDs. (which I think is an ambitious prediction of the passing attack)

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

O'Keeron Rutherford.

Tall, fast. If he can learn to use his body he will be the ideal outside receiver for this offense.

O/U 35 Rec 400 yds and 6 TD

It would be so crazy if Dillman, Chumley, and Rutherford all end up being outside receivers. They would tower over the corners.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Aldo said:

where would he play, based on formation? Is he strickly OLB or can he play nickel?

I guess it really depends on what Ekeler determines the defensive formation will be.
As long as it's not a 4-2-5, I'm betting he'll stay at Will.  If 4-2-5, he might have to play Mike.  I'm betting he'll play WILL in a 3-3-5 base.  I don't know that he'll be a nickel guy, but he did have some nice highlights in coverage from his time @ TVCC.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Julius Combes

You have to love the crack staff running the meangreensports.com website.  In the pictures from yesterday's practice they have a picture of our returning leading rusher, RB Jeremy Wilson.  Great job guys and great job Mr./Mrs. Editor.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Harry said:

I agree with the Finney pick.  He seemed lost at times last year which was likely due to him not understanding the schemes.  I think he will fair much better this season.

I also think finney should shine.  Had a fumble recovery against iowa, almost had a pick 6 vs tennessee, and would have most likely been player of the game against UTEP, if the game wasn't just given away by the coaching staff.  He forced two fumbles and returned one for a TD.  He has shown glimpses that he can play.  Needs to come in 2016 in better shape too.

Finney was actually the sixth leading tackler last year and moves up to fourth returning behind McClain, Gray and Scott.  He really isn't what I'd call a sleeper.  But, I do agree that he'll be one of the better ones this year.

For someone who was a redshirt last season and has yet to play my pick is Taylor Robinson.  He's going to have it tough getting much playing time this year what with Buyers, Davis and Brooks having had good years at corner.  So, my hope is that he is made a safety and gets some playing time behind McClain and Gray.

As for those who played last year, I like Tuaalo who did very well in a non-starting role.

I'm gonna go with Tyler Wilson. Good hands and very elusive. I think he is one of our return men, and I think we see him at receiver as well.

I had Nate Brooks as my under-the-radar true freshman contributor last year, and Mcclain and Tillman Johnson the year before, so I'm looking to keep my streak going. Although my picks in 2013 and 2012 were Wylie Reinhardt and Jamarcus Jarvis, so I'm hoping to break over .500.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, GrayEagle said:

He's going to have it tough getting much playing time this year what with Buyers, Davis and Brooks having had good years at corner.

Buyers is still playing?!

It seems like he's been here since the beginning of the Mac era.  10 more years to go and it'll be Case Keenum all over again.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1