Aldo

4 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

Willie Ivery will have 500 yards of total offense.

Are you saying that is a good number or a so so number?  I would hope for a little more honestly.  All it takes is for him to get loose in the open field on screens or a little RB dump pass.  I will take the over

Just now, MEANGREENCOACH2 said:

Are you saying that is a good number or a so so number?  I would hope for a little more honestly.  All it takes is for him to get loose in the open field on screens or a little RB dump pass.  I will take the over

I thought he was just saying in the SMU game, that's a little optimistic, but I believe in Ivery.  

1 hour ago, Aldo said:

Bump.

A lot of new faces, a lot of gone faces. Change your mind? 

Lots of green Kool aid talk which inevitably comes the first 2 weeks of any fall camp. We have less than 70 players on scholarship. 3 wins would be a miracle. Anything over that would be cause for wild optimism for the future. 

So, no, nothing has changed for me. Strike that. THE major change is that UNT got rid of the biggest problem in its athletic department. I wish that meant more victories, but that move had nothing to do with talent or coaching.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 7

2 hours ago, Aldo said:

That's fine and all but

1) It is not a bold prediction

2) It is not a bold prediction regarding a sleeper

I saw a scrimmage against our own team-picking a bold sleeper would be a guess.  I don't have a guess for the hidden great player.  Are you anger i pick them to win 3  or  agree with UNT90?

2 hours ago, southsideguy said:

I saw a scrimmage against our own team-picking a bold sleeper would be a guess.  I don't have a guess for the hidden great player.  Are you anger i pick them to win 3  or  agree with UNT90?

It's a game. Make a bold pick, like saying Rico Bussey will get 1,000 yards. Doesn't have to necessarily make sense. Use truthiness and shoot from the hip.

I also see about 3-4 wins, but it's a consensus figure - that's why it isn't bold. A bold statement would be to say we are headed to a bowl.

But like I said, the point of the thread is to pick a player not wins.

True Freshman Rico Bussey.

I think this kid is a Big 12 level talent. He is 6'2" with blazing speed, a great vertical, and can really catch. He could make the 2 deep at some point this season. I could see this guy developing into a team captain at some point, and making a few All-Conference teams before he's done playing for the Mean Green.

16 hours ago, Aldo said:

It's a game. Make a bold pick, like saying Rico Bussey will get 1,000 yards. Doesn't have to necessarily make sense. Use truthiness and shoot from the hip.

I also see about 3-4 wins, but it's a consensus figure - that's why it isn't bold. A bold statement would be to say we are headed to a bowl.

But like I said, the point of the thread is to pick a player not wins.

Bold prediction?

Ok, I'll play. 

Morris is injured in the whore game at Florida. Out for the season. Fine nails down the second team job in camp. Fine takes over as starter.

Fine struggles to adjust to the college game speed and UNT wins 2 games on the year. Fine at QB for one of them. 

Sounds depressing, eh? Well, the big but comes in 2017, when Fine leads UNT to a surprising 7 wins and is 3rd team All-conference. As a true Sophmore. 

Keep in mind you said "bold prediction." Well, there it is. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, UNT90 said:

Bold prediction?

Ok, I'll play. 

Morris is injured in the whore game at Florida. Out for the season. Fine nails down the second team job in camp. Fine takes over as starter.

Fine struggles to adjust to the college game speed and UNT wins 2 games on the year. Fine at QB for one of them. 

Sounds depressing, eh? Well, the big but comes in 2017, when Fine leads UNT to a surprising 7 wins and is 3rd team All-conference. As a true Sophmore. 

Keep in mind you said "bold prediction." Well, there it is. 

This goes in line with 90 being able to say "see." I think 90 is almost afraid of UNT success. It's as if he almost roots for failure so he can bask in his own self righteousness. 

Bold Prediction - UNT goes 6-6 and earns a trip to the New Mexico bowl. You read it here first. Js. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

15 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

This goes in line with 90 being able to say "see." I think 90 is almost afraid of UNT success. It's as if he almost roots for failure so he can bask in his own self righteousness. 

Bold Prediction - UNT goes 6-6 and earns a trip to the New Mexico bowl. You read it here first. Js. 

Lol. Chug that Kool aid, Ben.

• Downvote 2

The problem with predictions, especially in sports, is that there are usually no consequences.  Since no one tracks performance, and no is held accountable for those predictions, actually being able to predict successfully falls waysides to who can be the loudest and most ostentatious.  For example see the state of ESPN today.  So lets make it interesting.  

@Ben Gooding and @UNT90 obviously want to soak up all the prognosticator credit if their predictions come true.  So if we get to six wins next year Ben Gooding will be named GoMeanGreen.com Master Predictor.  If we fail to get 3 wins, UNT90 gets the title.

However there has to be tracking and accountability.  If the team fails to get to six wins, Ben gets banned from the board.  Same thing goes for UNT90 if the team gets to three wins.

What say you master predictors?  You in?

1 minute ago, Cerebus said:

The problem with predictions, especially in sports, is that there are usually no consequences.  Since no one tracks performance, and no is held accountable for those predictions, actually being able to predict successfully falls waysides to who can be the loudest and most ostentatious.  For example see the state of ESPN today.  So lets make it interesting.  

@Ben Gooding and @UNT90 obviously want to soak up all the prognosticator credit if their predictions come true.  So if we get to six wins next year Ben Gooding will be named GoMeanGreen.com Master Predictor.  If we fail to get 3 wins, UNT90 gets the title.

However there has to be tracking and accountability.  If the team fails to get to six wins, Ben gets banned from the board.  Same thing goes for UNT90 if the team gets to three wins.

What say you master predictors?  You in?

ShitJustGotRealLlama.gif

• Upvote 3