MGB: UNT opens spring tomorrow, sked, policy for attending

Brett Vito

Well unless the pratices are at Apogee, it should not be to hard to follow the practices from beyond the fence for those who might want to. You might actually get a getter view from the slight elevation in front of the dorm.

But I agree, since he said practices would be open they should be. 

• Upvote 5

RVchris.png

It's an exclusive club now to be able to attend an entire spring practice?

Get your kelly green Lacoste shirts out , pop those collars up, and put on those Versace sunglasses. Mean Green spring football is turning into club Chris-Chris....

?

Edited by Got5onIt
  • Upvote 7

Just a point of information.  I am not sure how other NCAA programs handle spring practice accessibility, but when I worked in Dallas at the facility where the Maverick's practiced, all practices were closed to the media until 10 minutes were left.  This was a league rule to minimize distractions.  I honestly don't think it is that big of a deal, but the comment about certain boosters and VIP's leaves a bad taste in one's mouth.  The timing of this makes it come across as RV closing ranks.  Does anyone working in PR at UNT know anything about PR?

• Upvote 3

32 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Just a point of information.  I am not sure how other NCAA programs handle spring practice accessibility, but when I worked in Dallas at the facility where the Maverick's practiced, all practices were closed to the media until 10 minutes were left.  This was a league rule to minimize distractions.  I honestly don't think it is that big of a deal, but the comment about certain boosters and VIP's leaves a bad taste in one's mouth.  The timing of this makes it come across as RV closing ranks.  Does anyone working in PR at UNT know anything about PR?

Yes, but those people are doing PR for other departments.

3 hours ago, meanJewGreen said:

Has anyone emailed the regents yet? Has anyone received a response? Would be nice to see someone speak out. 

Have you?

2 hours ago, TreeFiddy said:

Seems like a Twitter bomb to @sethlittrell and @meangreenfb and @untprez might be called for to understand the thought behind this move. 

I don't think closing practices is a big deal. Giving exceptions to VIP is le dumb.

I hope they Persicope it since I'll be at work anyway. Hope they open up scrimmages.

Don't forget @UNTGridiron 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Mean_Green09 said:

VIP's will be players families, recruits, high school coaches, and staff families

ANYONE can attend the first 40 mins to an hour. Just sign in at the gate.

Sorry I mean "certain boosters". I'm more interested in positional drills and scrimmages.

A UNT spokesman said there might be some exceptions for certain boosters and VIPs.

17 hours ago, GoMeanGreen1999 said:

If there is anything that this Athletic Director is good at, it is finding ways to not sell the program.  As you mentioned, you are 1-11 and just hired a new coach publicizing it all over and your first thing to do under his direction is to close your spring practices?  LOL....so TYPICAL around here.  

No kidding!  Remember Dodge's first spring game?  Over 5,000 in attendance.  At Fouts Field.  Now, that may have nothing to do with the current AD screwup, but what are the chances of having even 500 show up for this years spring game?  RV has beaten down Mean Green fans to a pulp.  And he still doesn't get it.

• Upvote 3