How much do you spend on average for a season of UNT Football?

NTAlum09

14 minutes ago, Cowtown said:

Prob around $1000. But last year after the first 2 games, I couldnt take it any more. Seriously considering throwing in the towel. Hard core MG fan since the late 80's and I am exhausted and realize my life would be so much easier if I just dont care. Blow off season tix and just show up to 1 game a year until they start winning. So much healthier to be a fair weather/band wagon fan. 

I think im done until RV is gone. 

You are smart enough to recognize where the best value for your time and money aren't located at this point in your life.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

4 hours ago, Cowtown said:

Reflecting back, this is the most unhealthy relationship I have ever had. If NT Athletics was a woman, I would have divorced her 20 years ago.

Yep. Loving something or someone that doesn't love itself is a recipe for an extremely unhealthy relationship.

We are like the guy whose wife has gone through rehab and has been clean for a year (UNT getting athletic fee, new stadium) only to have the wife relapse hard into drug and alcohol abuse and start sleeping with anything on 2 legs (RV retained after Portland St., Smatresk calling upset donors "a minute few," and the final blow; Benford being retained for a fifth year). 

At some point the mental and emotional abuse becomes too heavy a burden for any sane man to bare. 

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 7

On 3/22/2016 at 9:30 AM, UNTLifer said:

Based upon 6 home games:

$2,000 would be a good ballpark figure.  I will be saving quite a bit this year.

I'm somewhere in this range, as well.  I used to spend more on tailgating, but kid activities cut down on how many opportunities I get to tailgate.  That's the one saving grace I used to have regarding football gamedays---no matter how bad the team was, we still always had fun outside the stadium.  When all you can do is attend games, this thing really starts to turn sour.

All that said, I'm going to attend the spring game and make a decision on renewing after letting what I witnessed settle in for a few days.  Last year I left the game thinking that we had the least athletic team I'd ever seen us field---contrary to Mac's claims when he arrived in 2011.  Thought about not renewing then.  In retrospect, I should not have.  I believed in Mac's staff more than I should have and got burned.  I may not saddle up for another $2k toilet flush if I don't see some signs of life out there on April 23.  From the brief glimpses of the team we've gotten on Periscope, I do like the potential of Morris at QB.  I also think we'll use our many RBs more efficiently/creatively this year in Littrell's offense.  I don't know that we have any playmakers at WR, but they can't be much worse than they were last year ---a lot of that falls on the QBs we played, but we didn't have many guys capable of making game breaking plays, either.

• Upvote 1

My current bill for 2016 is 1320.00, which includes MGC membership and four season tickets in section 105. I'm the only one that regularly attends games in my family, so I regularly give away and/or sell the other three each game. I used to have one person that regularly claimed one of those three, but this year I'm not so sure about him. My seats are about three rows up from Emmitt and Rudy, and I sit directly behind Stix.......bless his heart. Thanks to the generosity of many, I don't spend as much on tailgating as I used to.......$50 per season at the most.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, TIgreen01 said:

I'm somewhere in this range, as well.  I used to spend more on tailgating, but kid activities cut down on how many opportunities I get to tailgate.  That's the one saving grace I used to have regarding football gamedays---no matter how bad the team was, we still always had fun outside the stadium.  When all you can do is attend games, this thing really starts to turn sour.

All that said, I'm going to attend the spring game and make a decision on renewing after letting what I witnessed settle in for a few days.  Last year I left the game thinking that we had the least athletic team I'd ever seen us field---contrary to Mac's claims when he arrived in 2011.  Thought about not renewing then.  In retrospect, I should not have.  I believed in Mac's staff more than I should have and got burned.  I may not saddle up for another $2k toilet flush if I don't see some signs of life out there on April 23.  From the brief glimpses of the team we've gotten on Periscope, I do like the potential of Morris at QB.  I also think we'll use our many RBs more efficiently/creatively this year in Littrell's offense.  I don't know that we have any playmakers at WR, but they can't be much worse than they were last year ---a lot of that falls on the QBs we played, but we didn't have many guys capable of making game breaking plays, either.

My greatest expense is gas for the 10 hour round trip.  This year I will save wear and tear on the vehicle.  I will be there for the SMU game and Homecoming for sure.  The other games will just depend.

2 hours ago, SilverEagle said:

My current bill for 2016 is 1320.00, which includes MGC membership and four season tickets in section 105. I'm the only one that regularly attends games in my family, so I regularly give away and/or sell the other three each game. I used to have one person that regularly claimed one of those three, but this year I'm not so sure about him. My seats are about three rows up from Emmitt and Rudy, and I sit directly behind Stix.......bless his heart. Thanks to the generosity of many, I don't spend as much on tailgating as I used to.......$50 per season at the most.

I hope you said that because I drive up from Sugar Land, not because I sit in front of you.  I enjoy the company in 105.

Of course, I didn't sit in front of you at Fouts when you had your infamous confrontation with the coaching staff. <POW!>

don't know why, it just won't let me use the emoticons today...

Edited by Stix
Pow!
  • Upvote 3

Around $1,000 for football & $500 for basketball season tickets. For the first time in 26 years, I'm eliminating the basketball portion of my tickets next fall, but hanging on to football.  I'm tired of losing across the board & withholding my bball tickets is the only vote I have that means anything.

• Upvote 4

18 hours ago, Stix said:

I hope you said that because I drive up from Sugar Land, not because I sit in front of you.  I enjoy the company in 105.

Of course, I didn't sit in front of you at Fouts when you had your infamous confrontation with the coaching staff. <POW!>

don't know why, it just won't let me use the emoticons today...

Both, but mainly for having to sit in front of me. Although I'm not as loud and obnoxious as I used to be at Fouts. I still shout sarcastic comments at the GB when they make their pre-game Grand Entrance (.  They do finally have a web-site.....http://greenbrigade.music.unt.edu/prospective/faq.  Here is an interesting question from their web-site 

2.  Do I have to audition for marching band?

There will be formal auditions for the guard and drumline. For most woodwind and brass
     sections, there will be a very brief playing audition, mostly to determine part placement. The 
     audition for brass and woodwind will consist of a short sight-reading excerpt and the performance 
     of 2-3 scales.

And here is the same segment for the OU Band. 

http://www.ou.edu/content/finearts/music/bands/auditions.html

Edited by SilverEagle

23 minutes ago, SilverEagle said:

Both, but mainly for having to sit in front of me. Although I'm not as loud and obnoxious as I used to be at Fouts. I still shout sarcastic comments at the GB when they make their pre-game Grant Entrance (.  They do finally have a web-site.....http://greenbrigade.music.unt.edu/prospective/faq.  Here is an interesting question from their web-site 

There will be formal auditions for the guard and drumline. For most woodwind and brass
     sections, there will be a very brief playing audition, mostly to determine part placement. The 
     audition for brass and woodwind will consist of a short sight-reading excerpt and the performance 
     of 2-3 scales.

And here is the same segment for the OU Band. 

http://www.ou.edu/content/finearts/music/bands/auditions.html

i could never have been in the ou marching band...one thing i liked about the green brigade was that i didn't have to audition...

9 minutes ago, THOR said:

i could never have been in the ou marching band...one thing i liked about the green brigade was that i didn't have to audition...

So this...

of 2-3 scales.

is incorrect?

17 minutes ago, SilverEagle said:

So this...

of 2-3 scales.

is incorrect?

not sure...i was in the GB from 95-97 under dennis fisher....nick was one of my drum majors...he may have changed things upon taking over

59 minutes ago, THOR said:

not sure...i was in the GB from 95-97 under dennis fisher....nick was one of my drum majors...he may have changed things upon taking over

Does anyone from the Robert Winslow era want to share about the audition/non-audition process of getting into the GB during his tenure.