How long will students put up with paying for nothing?

UNT90

On Tuesday, March 22, 2016 at 3:15 PM, TIgreen01 said:

I don't like this thread and I don't like where UNT90 is taking things.  @UNT90--we are ALL frustrated and sick of the crap, but you need a break from this.  What are you trying to do here?  Incite a student led revolt that kills off our AD for good??  Enough is enough.  

Watch out UNT 90. In this PC environment, disagreement is condemned as insurgency and terrorism. You must be silenced for the common good of the, ya, and all that stuff. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5

36 minutes ago, UTSA Fan said:

Watch out UNT 90. In this PC environment, disagreement is condemned as insurgency and terrorism. You must be silenced for the common good of the, ya, and all that stuff. 

Meh. The silencers have been awful silent lately. They know they can't defend the retention of Benford, and they aren't even trying. 

SMU tailgate should be interesting, though.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

On March 21, 2016 at 8:50 AM, UNT90 said:

What's sad is shills like you accepting crap from UNT athletics and not holding someone responsible for doing their job because you think he is a nice guy. 

You and everyone like you is what is wrong with UNT athletics.

Hey re-run this sums you up! RV, Prez, BOR, Power 17, and Alum are causing the downfall of UNT athletics! Some people are a sports fans and some are just thumb suckers! You even hi- jack the ladies basketball post! Lol

• Downvote 4

I don't know how the stadium referendum was written, but I highly doubt any student vote is getting them out of their part of the bond obligations.  

I'll remind most here that when all this was going down, and in subsequent years, the take around here has been mostly, "They don't want to pay an athletic fee?  F'em!  Let them go somewhere else!"

I'm not concerned about any student vote that's going to even marginally threaten any current athletic fees.  However, I wouldn't be looking for one red cent of increase anytime soon.  

As far as student pocketbooks are concerned, we've reached equilibrium.  

Meanwhile, on the alumni side, I'm fascinated in watching this all unfold.  The class and economic warfare going on would make for a great Netflix original series.

1 hour ago, oldguystudent said:

I don't know how the stadium referendum was written, but I highly doubt any student vote is getting them out of their part of the bond obligations.  

I'll remind most here that when all this was going down, and in subsequent years, the take around here has been mostly, "They don't want to pay an athletic fee?  F'em!  Let them go somewhere else!"

I'm not concerned about any student vote that's going to even marginally threaten any current athletic fees.  However, I wouldn't be looking for one red cent of increase anytime soon.  

Meanwhile, on the alumni side, I'm fascinated in watching this all unfold.  The class and economic warfare going on would make for a great Netflix original series.

The value of a dollar is lost on today's society. It is very surprising to me that the 17 would give so much and yet demand less than zero accountability from Rick Villarreal. 

RV is like the sleazy general contractor to the 17's 85 year old sweet lady who believes everything the sleazy contractor says and just keeps paying the contractor thousands upon thousands for a job that never gets done. 

Except in this case, some of the 17 actually defend the sleazy contractor, telling us repairs are just around the corner (Benford's firing) that never occur. 

Their love for Rick Villarreal and losing knows no bounds.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

2 hours ago, oldguystudent said:

I'll bring the popcorn to eat while I drink a beer and you have something else while we watch the athletics program burn.

It will be sad to see, but what else can we do?

50 minutes ago, Wag Tag said:

A lot of blame to go around, but when you rip alumni and fans that is a little pathetic!

Is it? If the big supporters demanded better, we you have better. You've seen the posts. Protection of a man over the hood of UNT althletics has debilitated this program. 

Problem is there are so few of us common fans that care that we just don't matter, just like Fly told you that you don't matter. And he is obviously right. 

Oh, and where is your outrage at Fly for that post? Is it ok for big money to say things like that in your book? 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

11 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

Is it? If the big supporters demanded better, we you have better. You've seen the posts. Protection of a man over the hood of UNT althletics has debilitated this program. 

Problem is there are so few of us common fans that care that we just don't matter, just like Fly told you that you don't matter. And he is obviously right. 

Oh, and where is your outrage at Fly for that post? Is it ok for big money to say things like that in your book? 

The biggest problem with the UNT 17 buying off the athletics department and keeping their puppet in charge is that the BOR and administration literally don't care. They have wiped their hands clean of it, basically said, "Finally!!", and have moved on to working towards UNT-Dallas, UNT-Frisco, and keeping us at a "value".

Rick Villareal ain't leaving here anytime soon...he will be the AD until he retires or dies.

• Downvote 1

22 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

Don't believe in ripping student athletes, alumni and fans that support UNT. Everybody else is fair game. I believe a change in attitude has taken place otherwise Mac would Still be our leader and we would not be eating $1.5. I agree with you on RV. BUT I don't believe in your scorched earth position. GMG

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

11 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

The biggest problem with the UNT 17 buying off the athletics department and keeping their puppet in charge is that the BOR and administration literally don't care. They have wiped their hands clean of it, basically said, "Finally!!", and have moved on to working towards UNT-Dallas, UNT-Frisco, and keeping us at a "value".

Rick Villareal ain't leaving here anytime soon...he will be the AD until he retires or dies.

No matter how bad he hurts athletics.

Just look at last season's football schedule. Hell, look at the Butt Cookman game this year. That has a very good chance of being another loss to an FCS team and further lowering UNT athletics in the eyes of UNT alumni and everyone else in Texas. Look at the failure to get rid of Benford this year. It literally due ant matter what he does, he gets a paycheck. 

Unbelievable. And it wouldn't happen at any other university in this state, and probably in this nation. This place has a dysfunction level that is astonishing. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

No matter how bad he hurts athletics.

Just look at last season's football schedule. Hell, look at the Butt Cookman game this year. That has a very good chance of being another loss to an FCS team and further lowering UNT athletics in the eyes of UNT alumni and everyone else in Texas. Look at the failure to get rid of Benford this year. It literally due ant matter what he does, he gets a paycheck. 

Unbelievable. And it wouldn't happen at any other university in this state, and probably in this nation. This place has a dysfunction level that is astonishing. 

I don't believe that we can get any lower in the eyes of UNT alumni and other Texas citizens--the Portland State fiasco is rock bottom, unless Butt Cookman beats us worse. We are already ignored and laughed at when the subject of UNT Football  or basketball is brought up, which is honestly not very much at all outside of Denton County.

4 minutes ago, Wag Tag said:

Don't believe in ripping student athletes, alumni and fans that support UNT. Everybody else is fair game. I believe a change in attitude has taken place otherwise Mac would Still be our leader and we would not be eating $1.5. I agree with you on RV. BUT I don't believe in your scorched earth position. GMG

I'll criticize those that do nothing and accept losing. That is big donors when it comes to Rick Villarreal. They care more about his welfare than the welfare of UNT athletics, otherwise they would have demanded change last fall. 

This is college athletics where, like it or not, big donors have a large hand in who runs what. They have accepted losing. And they should be criticized for it.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1