Rick Villarreal lies about basketball accountability

UNT90

Just another in a long line of lies by Rick Villarreal. If I lied  in my job, I would have been fired years ago and be unable to find employment in my field. 

Rick Villarreal may get an extension.

And people wonder why UNT is the laughing stock of college athletics throughout Texas. 

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 7
  • Downvote 3

6 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

If you will notice, the usual shills (KRAM, Fly, 23, et al...) are unusually quite with this major news. Waiting to get instructions from RV on what to say?

Maybe they have the real inside info.

Benford will be fired tomorrow. Vito was fed a bs line to embarrass him.

:ninjaface:

• Upvote 5

5 hours ago, MDH said:

Strike 2. If RV is back next year you can bet your bottom dollar I'm done with UNT athletics until Smastrek and RV are gone. F'ing pathetic. 

This is how every single UNT fan/alum should feel. I decided to drive up to OKC today to watch the 2nd round of the tourney. OU's fans willed them to the W over VCU. Seeing stuff like that disgusts me, let a lone standing in the middle of it. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Did anyone seriously think that RV would fire Benford? If you listened closely to the last Barbershop podcast RV was on, you heard all you needed to know regarding Benford coming back. RV was unwilling to commit to any benchmarks for Benford. He has hemmed and hawed about committing and now we have AT LEAST one more season of Benny and the Nets. RV is pushing ALL of his chips to the middle of the table and praying that Beneford suddenly learns how to coach in year 5. He is betting the farm that Benford will duplicate what JJ did in year 6. The difference is that JJ inherited one of the worst teams in program history whereas Benford inherited one of the best and crapped the bed on his way to losing season after losing season. If RV is right about Benford(Pro tip - He's not) then Benny and RV get extensions. If he is wrong about Benford then RV rides off into the sunset in 23 months. Edward Smith would have jumped this ship a long time ago.

Edited by Eagle-96
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Ben Gooding said:

This is how every single UNT fan/alum should feel. I decided to drive up to OKC today to watch the 2nd round of the tourney. OU's fans willed them to the W over VCU. Seeing stuff like that disgusts me, let a lone standing in the middle of it. 

Sorry, Ben...it sucks when this realization sets in. Trust me, it happens to almost everyone who has ever cared about UNT being good in revenue sports. Eventually, you'll pick another college to root for or you'll go all-in on pro sports. You'll tell everyone you went to North Texas and quickly add that we don't care about sports to your Aggie, Longhorn, Sooner, Bear, Red Raider, etc...acquaintances. You will even see them spout off about times when they remember UNT not being terrible, making bowl games and the tournament. Then you'll hammer them with the reality that since 2005, our football team has had one winning season and that mens basketball went to two NCAA tourneys, as 15 seeds, and prompty got whipped by the 2 seeds they played. And then you'll bring up the fact that the women hoops team hasn't even had a winning record in that decade, either. And finally, you will twist the knife by saying we have has the same AD the ENTIRE TIME and doesn't even appear to be on a hot seat. That's when you'll get eh shaking of the head and the very polite apology and request to come join their fanbase. Welcome to 99% of the UNT Fan Experience!! It happens to almost all of us at some point in life.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 2

44 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

Sorry, Ben...it sucks when this realization sets in. Trust me, it happens to almost everyone who has ever cared about UNT being good in revenue sports. Eventually, you'll pick another college to root for or you'll go all-in on pro sports. You'll tell everyone you went to North Texas and quickly add that we don't care about sports to your Aggie, Longhorn, Sooner, Bear, Red Raider, etc...acquaintances. You will even see them spout off about times when they remember UNT not being terrible, making bowl games and the tournament. Then you'll hammer them with the reality that since 2005, our football team has had one winning season and that mens basketball went to two NCAA tourneys, as 15 seeds, and prompty got whipped by the 2 seeds they played. And then you'll bring up the fact that the women hoops team hasn't even had a winning record in that decade, either. And finally, you will twist the knife by saying we have has the same AD the ENTIRE TIME and doesn't even appear to be on a hot seat. That's when you'll get eh shaking of the head and the very polite apology and request to come join their fanbase. Welcome to 99% of the UNT Fan Experience!! It happens to almost all of us at some point in life.

I already follow Florida everything and have been since I was a toddler. I will never root against UNT or root for anyone else except for Florida and UNT. I will still follow and root for UNT, but I will not re-up on anything except for buying tickets at the gate for football only until RV has been shown the door. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Ben Gooding said:

I already follow Florida everything and have been since I was a toddler. I will never root against UNT or root for anyone else except for Florida and UNT. I will still follow and root for UNT, but I will not re-up on anything except for buying tickets at the gate for football only until RV has been shown the door. 

They need to do $5 dollar tickets and free beer next season. I couldn't believe they had tickets going for $20 plus dollars after the Portland State game...joke

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Ben Gooding said:

Well, at least you shouldn't have any trouble getting tickets...

• Upvote 2