Changing the Culture

UNTLifer

3 hours ago, Matt from A700 said:

Really excited to see what Littrell can do. I will be at every home game and I would like to take a road trip to one of the other 3 Texas C-USA schools. I'm too young to be a complete, bitter pessimist about UNT athletics currently, so until I see a "7" in the L column, I believe that we can get bowl eligible this year!

And this is how you will become a bitter, complete pessimist, thinking good things will happen without rhyme or reason because you just want it to. Then when it doesn't, you begin to doubt if it ever will (it won't).

Anything more than 4 wins this year will be a complete miracle. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

I am excited we got UNT90 up to a possible 4 wins --Im glad you are jumping on the bandwagon with us - you are not going to be disappointed. I know where you are coming from -- I promise these guys are a different breed than what UNT has had in the past . They (coaches ) are has hungry as we are for wins and to do well. They have there careers riding on  turning  this program around . 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

9 hours ago, UNT Fan 92 said:

I am excited we got UNT90 up to a possible 4 wins --Im glad you are jumping on the bandwagon with us - you are not going to be disappointed. I know where you are coming from -- I promise these guys are a different breed than what UNT has had in the past . They (coaches ) are has hungry as we are for wins and to do well. They have there careers riding on  turning  this program around . 

Heard the same thing when Mac was hired...

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

9 hours ago, UNT Fan 92 said:

I think somewhere between 1-3 is where UNT ends up. I think 4 is a remote possibility.

I think over 4 wins would be miraculous.

Clear enough?

41 minutes ago, Army of Dad said:

Heard the same thing when Mac was hired...

And Dodge. And probably Dickey before that. It's the same BS thrown out after every coaching hire anywhere.

Prove it. Until then, just please go about the business of proving it and shut the hell up.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

On 3/17/2016 at 10:10 AM, BillySee58 said:

I'm not sure how much the culture needs to change, but I know the talent level needs to improve, and that's unrelated to culture.

Part of changing the culture typically requires letting talent walk.  Remember when McCarney first came in and sent his best WR (Darius Carey) packing for smoking reefer?  Or when he cut his best young LB for beating up a kid off campus?  Mac came in guns-a-blazin'.  But his last couple of years, he was willing to let his players rob Wal-Marts and infect the locker room with their cancer apparently without real consequence.

I don't know, but I wonder if Smith's (and others') departure has something to do with a "culture change" that's willing to let talent walk/send talent packing if it detracts from the culture.

35 minutes ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

Part of changing the culture typically requires letting talent walk.  Remember when McCarney first came in and sent his best WR (Darius Carey) packing for smoking reefer?  Or when he cut his best young LB for beating up a kid off campus?  Mac came in guns-a-blazin'.  But his last couple of years, he was willing to let his players rob Wal-Marts and infect the locker room with their cancer apparently without real consequence.

I don't know, but I wonder if Smith's (and others') departure has something to do with a "culture change" that's willing to let talent walk/send talent packing if it detracts from the culture.

I've mentioned this in another thread, but It's my opinion that having a stroke and losing an eye kind of took a lot of the "guns blazing" out of him.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, UNT90 said:

I think somewhere between 1-3 is where UNT ends up. I think 4 is a remote possibility.

I think over 4 wins would be miraculous.

Clear enough?

And Dodge. And probably Dickey before that. It's the same BS thrown out after every coaching hire anywhere.

Prove it. Until then, just please go about the business of proving it and shut the hell up.

:boom:

• Upvote 1

Hey- UNT90 thats one more win then you thought when they hired him -- I knew you were coming around

Im telling you guys I have been around college football before and these guys are going to turn this around . They are already doing the things that will turn this program around-- They are going to run off the bad actors and focus on the dependable players. You buy into there system or you go home. This program had a cancer and they are curing the cancer. They may not win a game but we will see the improvement throughout the year. I think they can win 4 games but they may not win 1 ---that still does not mean that they won't get this turned around. I can only tell you that they are different than the previous staff and this will show in Spring Ball and next year. I think we will be in a bowl game in 2 years. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

55 minutes ago, SilverEagle said:

I've mentioned this in another thread, but It's my opinion that having a stroke and losing an eye kind of took a lot of the "guns blazing" out of him.

The thought had occurred to me before as well.  I think that's very possible.

Edited by Mean Green 93-98

55 minutes ago, UNT Fan 92 said:

Hey- UNT90 thats one more win then you thought when they hired him -- I knew you were coming around

Im telling you guys I have been around college football before and these guys are going to turn this around . They are already doing the things that will turn this program around-- They are going to run off the bad actors and focus on the dependable players. You buy into there system or you go home. This program had a cancer and they are curing the cancer. They may not win a game but we will see the improvement throughout the year. I think they can win 4 games but they may not win 1 ---that still does not mean that they won't get this turned around. I can only tell you that they are different than the previous staff and this will show in Spring Ball and next year. I think we will be in a bowl game in 2 years. 

Yap yap yap. They still have to deal with ineptitude in management. This is extremely frustrating for smart, motivated individuals. It will be for Littrell if this is what he is. He will become frustrated quickly at the tolerance of ineptitude in the AD's office. Just like Mac.

Watch.

And there is the cancer word again. Funny how the cancer has reared its ugly head in every coach that has served under Rick Villarreal. Maybe you are looking for the cancer at the wrong level of the organization. 

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 7
  • Downvote 5

4 hours ago, UNT Fan 92 said:

I haven't seen or heard this kind of optimism since @James Mosley used to post here. 

VmHnLxj.jpg

Coaches can not change the culture of the entire institution without support from leadership.   All the BOR members who sit by quietly while this shit storm continues with brief lulls in the hail storm need to step down.  Because in my opinion UNT needs to drop down to FCS and focus on the other sports if this leadership continues.  We don't belong in CUSA or even the Sun Belt.   With the resources UNT has we should dominate CUSA West in FBS  and should have dominated the SBC in all sports.  If you take away the name of the schools and compare them on paper UNT clearly has the most resources.  Yet we have the least success most of the time.

Edited by Mike Jackson
  • Upvote 2

On 3/19/2016 at 0:34 AM, UNT90 said:

And this is how you will become a bitter, complete pessimist, thinking good things will happen without rhyme or reason because you just want it to. Then when it doesn't, you begin to doubt if it ever will (it won't).

Anything more than 4 wins this year will be a complete miracle. 

I didn't change the channel in Game 2 of the 2011 NBA Finals, and I won't "change the channel" on the Mean Green!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2