Did UNT today in game 3 at UTSA?

UNTEngr.#43

Coaching- the utsa girl that beat us on Saturday weighed more than rv- she was only able to pitch and hit. So we never tried to walk her & she hit 3 home runs in the two games? Why she wasn't walked no one in the stands could understand why that happened ( i.e. 15 mph wind going out of the T-ball park). Center field fence was only 200 ft. from home plate.

Wanted to see some good ball played but I guess not at unt.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Mo Green said:

Coaching- the utsa girl that beat us on Saturday weighed more than rv- she was only able to pitch and hit. So we never tried to walk her & she hit 3 home runs in the two games? Why she wasn't walked no one in the stands could understand

Because she's carrying the third lowest batting average on their team.  You don't intentionally walk a lead off batter carrying  a .211 average.  You just don't.  

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, FirefightnRick said:

Because she's carrying the third lowest batting average on their team.  You don't intentionally walk a lead off batter carrying  a .211 average.  You just don't.  

Rick

She led the conference in homeruns last year and was one of its best players?

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, FirefightnRick said:

No idea.  But this past weekend she went in batting .211.  

Rick

Has she been hurt? Did she just start slow has she been hearing up lately and showing signs of getting back to herself? Is 23 games more statistically significant than a full season? To act like this was an easy call because you have a batting average stat (and not slugging, obp or anything else that gives a fuller picture) is just silly.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Quoner said:

To act like this was an easy call....is just silly.

And to claim walking a .211 batter each time she comes to the plate with bases empty as an easy call is also just as silly, right?

Of course I've never said such a thing as it being an easy call.  I'm simply going by the info I have and making a guess like everyone else.

Rick

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, FirefightnRick said:

And to claim walking a .211 batter each time she comes to the plate with bases empty as an easy call is also just as silly, right?

Of course I've never said such a thing as it being an easy call.  I'm simply going by the info I have and making a guess like everyone else.

Rick

I think we both have the same conclusion here, just different methods of getting there. Using batting average for any decision in the modern era just gives me a small case of head desk.

Regardless, I can't wait until 2032 when we can have this same argument about our baseball team as we curse our new/old AD, Justin Villarreal.

FFR look at it this way, she beat us two games on Saturday. We walked her late in the second game then their coach immediately took her out. There is no way she would not of been a double play risk if they did this earlier. She out weighed rv for goodness sake. We lose so you can deduce that we didn't do the right things, right? 

Kee said in the write-up looking back she should of walked her more. If this was basketball, Q- can a player averaging 2 points a game score 20 when they are in the zone? 

Post game note: the losses would of been worth it if we could of seen #15 slide :>}}

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, Mo Green said:

FFR look at it this way, she beat us two games on Saturday. We walked her late in the second game then their coach immediately took her out. There is no way she would not of been a double play risk if they did this earlier. She out weighed rv for goodness sake. We lose so you can deduce that we didn't do the right things, right? 

Kee said in the write-up looking back she should of walked her more. If this was basketball, Q- can a player averaging 2 points a game score 20 when they are in the zone? 

Post game note: the losses would of been worth it if we could of seen #15 slide :>}}

“I take full responsibly for Jess’ loss because I should have intentionally walked a kid,” Kee said. “That was my call, and obviously inn hindsight, that was a horrible call. I thought Jess pitched well enough to win that game.”

I see now where your coming from. I did not realize coach Kee had said this.

Rick

45 minutes ago, Quoner said:

I think we both have the same conclusion here, just different methods of getting there. Using batting average for any decision in the modern era just gives me a small case of head desk.

Regardless, I can't wait until 2032 when we can have this same argument about our baseball team as we curse our new/old AD, Justin Villarreal.

LOL!!

Rick

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1