UNT vs WKU - 3/9/16

MCMLXXX

1 minute ago, bstnsportsfan3 said:

these announcers....making it sound like benford has had to deal with a down program and he is "making progress" and "when they gel they will be special" ...give me a break..must have been so hard to rebuild a program after all those 20 win seasons that JJ had

So the SID can't get announcers to get nickname or school name right, but can feed announcers this party line...?

• Upvote 7

1 minute ago, Ben Gooding said:

My exact thoughts. And how is this season shown improvement as compared to previous seasons again? 

Well we've improved our offensive efficiency and are shooting nearly 50% from inside the arc. 

BUT

our defensive efficiency is crap and way down from last year.

1 minute ago, MeanGreenATO said:

Is it better to root for NT to lose or win this game? I was under the guise that a loss moves the program one step closer to ousting Benford. 

I just have this horrible gut feeling we are stuck with him for next season either way.... so i rather root for a win at this point.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Just FYI the physical post play was supposed to be a point of emphasis, by not allowing the offensive player to "displace" a defender who established his position which WKU does with ease on our interior defense.

Ballgame. 

Edited by GMG24
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, bstnsportsfan3 said:

I just have this horrible gut feeling we are stuck with him for next season either way.... so i rather root for a win at this point.

Lovely. It's terrible to see what's happened to this program, but I know that's been said plenty on these boards for a while. UNT went from a program that played for conference champions to a team that will be fortunate to win one tournament game and maybe finish .500. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, MeanGreenATO said:

Lovely. It's terrible to see what's happened to this program, but I know that's been said plenty on these boards for a while. UNT went from a program that played for conference champions to a team that will be fortunate to win one tournament game and maybe finish .500. 

I would jump for joy at .500  we are about to finish the season at 12-20 in this coaches 4th year ( ie the year he has all his players and his philosophy)  time to end this train wreck

• Upvote 1