Notable players no longer on roster

BillySee58

On March 3, 2016 at 11:15 AM, UNTLifer said:

You left off two of our players:

DE Joseph Ozougwu, who is now reported to be up to 230 lbs. and Bryce English.

Plus, I think the weight comparison for DE's is ridiculous.  Top professional DE's are usually 250-280 range and two of the best, Von Miller and Khalil Mack weigh in at 249 and 247 lbs.

Yep!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, Harry said:

Sorry but this is a real issue for me.  Every year we see key players leave.  My question is why?  Why does a key player that you needed on the defensive line leave the program?  Did you do everything you could to make it work?  Looks like it's the same story under this new regime as it has been in the past.  Sorry to be negative ned here but winning programs don't see these types of defections.  We lose a guy who was poised for his best year on the defensive line and our top prospect in the last recruiting class for goodness sake.

This news = ?

Sir Calvin graduated. I know a lot of players hang around for an extra year but I wouldn't think everyone could afford to do that. If he's not going to grad school I can't blame him for finding a job! 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, VideoEagle said:

Sir Calvin graduated. I know a lot of players hang around for an extra year but I wouldn't think everyone could afford to do that. If he's not going to grad school I can't blame him for finding a job! 

This dude can't get a break.  First, he's repeatedly called out as someone needing to do more by the coaching staff, then he graduates and is lumped in with a situation that sucks for us, losing players at a key position.  Hey, we need more big guys on the DL, but on a positive note, our guys are doing what they should and getting that degree.  And he's not the first among our recent defensive tackles to do so.

• Upvote 5

Guys - these losses will not be the only ones --I think we will lose up to 3-5 more players before Spring season is over . These coaches mean business and we will have more defections ---this is the price we have to pay to upgrade our program . Either they buy into the system or they will be gone -- I don't know why these guys left the program but there will be more to follow !!!

8 hours ago, VideoEagle said:

Exactly, or if he is going to grad school, another place may be a better fit for his career goals. 

Edited by 97and03