'17 QB Frank Harris (Clemens)

11 hours ago, baberuthbomber8 said:

So we can disregard the whole rice thing correct??? 

I think so. I'm really watching this guy because both schools are chasing him and he lives in SA so I constantly hear about his recruitment. Sorry for the misunderstanding, I was trying to be helpful.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

Look, Pearson has one other offer from a low level G5 and a bunch of FCS offers.

Harris has two P5 offers and a handful of G5 offers.

Lets not fool ourselves, UTSA got the better of this battle at this point in time.

Much more impressive recruiting job by UTSA. Fortunately QB is one of the most likely positions where a player without a great offer list can turn out well. Because fit for the offense and development comes into play more at QB than most other positions.

If you were looking for proof that this is a good recruiting staff, not going to find much evidence here. Looking for proof that they an develop their own QBs? Maybe, here.

• Upvote 4

I would have been good with either or and I won't begin to try and figure out where Clemens had actual QB offers from.  I wish both the best of luck and hope that Pearson lights up every UNT QB record available and that Harris lives up to his "comparison" with Johnny Manziel....at the least it will get a CUSA team talked about in football circles.

3 hours ago, BillySee58 said:

Much more impressive recruiting job by UTSA. Fortunately QB is one of the most likely positions where a player without a great offer list can turn out well. Because fit for the offense and development comes into play more at QB than most other positions.

If you were looking for proof that this is a good recruiting staff, not going to find much evidence here. Looking for proof that they an develop their own QBs? Maybe, here.

Harris was recruited at multiple positions, which has plenty to do with his more impressive offer list. For example, the Baylor offer from earlier in the spring semester. That was for DB.

Would UNT take either or both? Yeah.

Is this a "much more impressive recruiting job by UTSA?" No.

• Upvote 4

10 hours ago, BillySee58 said:

Right, hence the "at this point in time" line in my post. 

Maybe Pearson blows up his senior season. Maybe he grows another 3 inches. 

But at this point in time, this is a loss to UTSA. I was hoping for better from the new staff.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5