• Welcome to GoMeanGreen.com!

Thank you for visiting us!  Registering is easy and free, and provides you with the ability to participate in the discussions along with many cool features and content.

Sign in to follow this  
UNT90

New mental health signs at UNT.

Saw on the news this morning that UNT is posting signs around campus for how people can receive mental health help.

A reliable source has told me the first batch of these signs will be posted in and around Apogee and the Superpit. 

The same source has told me none of these signs will be posted in the suite level of Apogee due to  every mental health professional in Denton County agreeing that those folks were beyond any help and clinically insane as defined by Einstein.  

As you can see, the first one was posted at Apogee:

http://www.fox4news.com/news/97077061-story

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 7
  • Downvote 22

A reliable source has told me the first batch of these signs will be posted in and around Apogee and the Superpit. 

The same source has told me none of these signs will be posted in the suite level of Apogee due to  every mental health professional in Denton County agreeing that those folks were beyond any help and clinically insane as defined by Einstein.  

As you can see, the first one was posted at Apogee

Now that's funny!

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

No need to put them at the top of the wing section since nobody has ever been there. Directly above and below all scoreboards would be ideal.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, FirefightnRick said:

WTF?  Geez...only at North Texas!

Rick

Shhh. You'll upset the SJW's

Wouldn't want to hurt their feelings

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 6

I had to look up the term, "LGBTQ."

I'm surprised that this University or any government sanctioned agency, or corner gas station for that matter, would use such a term.

GO MEAN GREEN 

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 6

2 hours ago, UNT90 said:

Saw on the news this morning that UNT is posting signs around campus for how people can receive mental health help.

Nope...the photo I see is of one of the signs posted at the parking garage...not Apogee.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

MHMR agencies really need a new title.  If I was mentally or emotionally distressed and needed to talk to someone about it, I would think twice about contacting the Mental Health and Mental Retardation agency.

• Upvote 3

18 minutes ago, greenjoe said:

I had to look up the term, "LGBTQ."

I'm surprised that this University or any government sanctioned agency, or corner gas station for that matter, would use such a term.

GO MEAN GREEN 

Same here. I thought the "Q" part of that acronym was outlawed years ago.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

7 minutes ago, foutsrouts said:

Think of it as "taking back" the word. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

28 minutes ago, MeanGreen13 said:

This thread makes me uncomfortable. Some of your responses are precisely why such stigma exists around mental health services. Glad the university is doing something to try to help. 

Welcome to the time between signing day and the Spring game. Threads get locked and no one makes sense because there's nothing to talk about. This is usually the time of year I go into partial hibernation from the board.

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, UNT90 said:

I hate to encourage you but that was pretty funny. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, KRAM1 said:

Nope...the photo I see is of one of the signs posted at the parking garage...not Apogee.

An empty Apogee will be converted to a parking garage fairly soon. 

At least that's what RV told them when he let them video the sign...

My sources are impeccable.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 7

2 hours ago, foutsrouts said:

Nah. Just a 90 day ban for a joke about Chone Figgins

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Tyler Maryak said:

MHMR agencies really need a new title.  If I was mentally or emotionally distressed and needed to talk to someone about it, I would think twice about contacting the Mental Health and Mental Retardation agency.

Why? The new words will just develop a "hurtful" meaning and you're back in the same spot.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

16 hours ago, MeanGreen13 said:

This thread makes me uncomfortable. Some of your responses are precisely why such stigma exists around mental health services. Glad the university is doing something to try to help. 

and ironically this is being led by many of the same people who, following yet another mass-shooting like what we saw in Kansas yesterday, will fall over themselves to stress the importance of the mental-health system over meaningful conversation about gun control. 

hopefully politics makes this stupid thread disappear. 

• Upvote 10
  • Downvote 4

1 hour ago, Censored by Laurie said:

and ironically this is being led by many of the same people who, following yet another mass-shooting like what we saw in Kansas yesterday, will fall over themselves to stress the importance of the mental-health system over meaningful conversation about gun control. 

hopefully politics makes this stupid thread disappear. 

Reach much? 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 6