New mental health signs at UNT.

UNT90

Saw on the news this morning that UNT is posting signs around campus for how people can receive mental health help.

A reliable source has told me the first batch of these signs will be posted in and around Apogee and the Superpit. 

The same source has told me none of these signs will be posted in the suite level of Apogee due to  every mental health professional in Denton County agreeing that those folks were beyond any help and clinically insane as defined by Einstein.  

As you can see, the first one was posted at Apogee:

http://www.fox4news.com/news/97077061-story

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 7
  • Downvote 22

A reliable source has told me the first batch of these signs will be posted in and around Apogee and the Superpit. 

The same source has told me none of these signs will be posted in the suite level of Apogee due to  every mental health professional in Denton County agreeing that those folks were beyond any help and clinically insane as defined by Einstein.  

As you can see, the first one was posted at Apogee

Now that's funny!

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

2 hours ago, UNT90 said:

Saw on the news this morning that UNT is posting signs around campus for how people can receive mental health help.

Nope...the photo I see is of one of the signs posted at the parking garage...not Apogee.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

28 minutes ago, MeanGreen13 said:

This thread makes me uncomfortable. Some of your responses are precisely why such stigma exists around mental health services. Glad the university is doing something to try to help. 

Welcome to the time between signing day and the Spring game. Threads get locked and no one makes sense because there's nothing to talk about. This is usually the time of year I go into partial hibernation from the board.

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, UNT90 said:

I hate to encourage you but that was pretty funny. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, KRAM1 said:

Nope...the photo I see is of one of the signs posted at the parking garage...not Apogee.

An empty Apogee will be converted to a parking garage fairly soon. 

At least that's what RV told them when he let them video the sign...

My sources are impeccable.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 7

16 hours ago, Tyler Maryak said:

MHMR agencies really need a new title.  If I was mentally or emotionally distressed and needed to talk to someone about it, I would think twice about contacting the Mental Health and Mental Retardation agency.

Why? The new words will just develop a "hurtful" meaning and you're back in the same spot.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

16 hours ago, MeanGreen13 said:

This thread makes me uncomfortable. Some of your responses are precisely why such stigma exists around mental health services. Glad the university is doing something to try to help. 

and ironically this is being led by many of the same people who, following yet another mass-shooting like what we saw in Kansas yesterday, will fall over themselves to stress the importance of the mental-health system over meaningful conversation about gun control. 

hopefully politics makes this stupid thread disappear. 

• Upvote 10
  • Downvote 4

1 hour ago, Censored by Laurie said:

and ironically this is being led by many of the same people who, following yet another mass-shooting like what we saw in Kansas yesterday, will fall over themselves to stress the importance of the mental-health system over meaningful conversation about gun control. 

hopefully politics makes this stupid thread disappear. 

Reach much? 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 6