DRC: Villarreal calls club seat prices very reasonable as renewals begin

Brett Vito

37 minutes ago, KRAM1 said:

He tried to get people who had decided to nor renew to go on the record for this article...none he talked to would.  So, he at least tried.  Too bad those he talked to who were not renewing would not allow him to quote them.  They seem pretty vocal here.  

Oh, but you would have to make a new stadium donation.  Not a real good idea. Pretty much need to keep them and pay the freight or walk away.  Renewing was easy for me as I already give to the Mean Green Club at a level well above the minimum required. And, I increased my donation level again this year.

Some people are simply walking away. Those club seats won't be resold until we have a new AD. 

I know of three people that just didn't want their name out there in public. I completely understand why they wouldn't, as I'm sure Vito does also. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

Just now, MGNation92 said:

I don't personally know either, but I do know RV has made several promises to the North Texas community that he hasn't kept. Most people in the world consider not keeping promises lying. Maybe I was just raised in a weird family

Problem is...you were accusing flyonthewall.  You don't know him, yet you indicate that he was possibly lying to me.  In the family I was raised in we call that unacceptable.  And, I wasn't raised in a weird family.

1 minute ago, UNT90 said:

Some people are simply walking away. Those club seats won't be resold until we have a new AD. 

I know of three people that just didn't want their name out there in public. I completely understand why they wouldn't, as I'm sure Vito does also. 

Why?  Seems like a personal decision, and not one needing to be hidden.  No crime in not renewing for whatever reason.  Some don't like the new costs...so what?  No crime in that and no reason to hide. Vito only tod me they were not wiling to go on record. I am fine with my decision...why not them?

7 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

That isn't what I remember him posting. Don't care enough to find it.

Yes, I was puzzled as well.  I originally read it the same way you did...but he said he wasn't referring to his seats.  I have no desire to go back and find it either.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

4 minutes ago, KRAM1 said:

Problem is...you were accusing flyonthewall.  You don't know him, yet you indicate that he was possibly lying to me.  In the family I was raised in we call that unacceptable.  And, I wasn't raised in a weird family.

Why?  Seems like a personal decision, and not one needing to be hidden.  No crime in not renewing for whatever reason.  Some don't like the new costs...so what?  No crime in that and no reason to hide. Vito only tod me they were not wiling to go on record. I am fine with my decision...why not them?

Seriously? 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

Completely agree about the horrible timing. But, they're sticking with what I was told by Dan Johnston when we signed up five years ago so I can't be too mad about a $100 increase. 

My dilemma is regarding adding tickets. My in-laws have seats in front of us in the wing of the Club Level but will be moving this summer. They have offered us their seats but if we do that we have about $2,000 left on the stadium donation and now will have an additional $600 for MGC, plus the seats. And you KNOW the price will only go up in time. 

My wife's fear is if we don't grab them now and Seth brings a revolution, there go the seats (I have four sons).  However, history suggests we have no cause for concern and they will always be there. 

I'd rather spend the dough on bowl games for now but we'll see what we end up doing. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, oldguystudent said:

Since when did he ever have club seats?  He's a suite holder and is damn sure skippy renewing.

Exactly why I chatted with him about it....thought he had a suite not Club Seats.   He indicated that he was referring to another poster with his comments.  I could not see him giving up his suite.

1 minute ago, UNT90 said:

Imagine, you putting lipstick on a big ole fat pig. Shocked. 

How about releasing ticket sales numbers? For all seats? Are you in favor? 

Im guessing no.

Wrong again.  I would love to see numbers released.  My guess is that we would see pretty flat numbers in both the Club area and bowl.  With new purchasers negating most losses.  Not a good situation.  We need to grow numbers, not keep them flat or decrease them.  You do need to stop trying to figure out what I would like or not.....your record is not good.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, UNT90 said:

That isn't what I remember him posting. Don't care enough to find it.

On 2/12/2016 at 8:43 AM, DeepGreen said:

If they mail a Club Seat renewal form, or the standard email renewal request, I'll just throw it way/delete it.  I'm done spending serious money on RV football.  The only thing I'm good for is walk up tickets.  And that's assuming we're even competitive next season.  I hope Litrell can at least make us competitive.

No one at the ticket office can "sell" this program right now.

Right now, I am broke.  I was looking for any reason to get out of renewing my club seats this year.  Instead of quietly going off into the night, I thought I would put one more jab at the thing that I love so dearly and sacrificed good hard earned money for, only to be kicked in the crotch on multiple occasions.  If for some reason it looks like Coach Litrell is pulling it together, I will drive up there, walk across the bridge, and find someone with extra tickets so I can get in the stadium.  It wouldn't matter if Hayden Fry or Mean Joe called me and asked me to renew, I just can't afford it right now.

If anything other than this is the case, you need to renew your club seats. 

Paragraph 1:   What deep green said 

My paragraph:  My interpretation of potentially what deepgreen was saying

Note:  In no way I am saying or inferring that deepgreen is broke.  I am only pointing out that sometimes people blame others or make excuses when there needs to be some type of change in their life.

My point to this was.  Please renew your club seats.  Change is afoot and I would hate for anyone to have to try to jump back on the bandwagon in a couple of years and try to renew then.

The money is needed to fund student athlete scholarships and cost of attendance if we want to be competitive.  I think the one thing we all agree on is we want desperately to be competitive.  We just disagree on the path.

Edited by flyonthewall
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, flyonthewall said:

I think the one thing we all agree on is we want desperately to be competitive.  We just disagree on the path.

This is one of the best lessons I ever learned from one of the greatest managers I ever had the privilege to work with.  She and I fought like cats and dogs for a year.  Then we both came to this realization, and become an unstoppable team that crushed our territories and later the entire country.  Focus on the common goal.

1 minute ago, oldguystudent said:

This is one of the best lessons I ever learned from one of the greatest managers I ever had the privilege to work with.  She and I fought like cats and dogs for a year.  Then we both came to this realization, and become an unstoppable team that crushed our territories and later the entire country.  Focus on the common goal.

Which means disagree, argue, discuss,  but in the end decide on the plan, get in line,  and even if you don't like it,  act like it is your own plan and go with it. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

The number I have heard is that we are 82% sold for club level seats for next season. I do not know if that is more or less than in previous years but I don't believe they have ever sold every club seat.

I would have no problem being interviewed if I wasn't renewing my seats. Would someone in the AD put the "heavies" on he who decides to chirp in public? Doubt it seriously.

Whether the AD is leaning on the club level seat owners to fund the deficit in lower bowl seating is up for debate. As a buyer of both club and steerage seats, my total donation to the department is less than in the past five years when I funded my 5-year stadium commitment. But part of that is buying fewer tickets now that my kid goes to North Texas. 

We have a revenue decline, both in fewer tickets sold and as the timing of the funding campaign has ended. This was a smart transition to seek additional funds from those already inspired to give. Those that can and want to will carry on, and those that don't won't. If you stuck around through the last couple of years, I would think a new coach/staff/philosophy would inspire enough hope and excitement to keep going for most folks.

GMG

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

49 minutes ago, untcampbell said:

The number I have heard is that we are 82% sold for club level seats for next season. I do not know if that is more or less than in previous years but I don't believe they have ever sold every club seat.

I would have no problem being interviewed if I wasn't renewing my seats. Would someone in the AD put the "heavies" on he who decides to chirp in public? Doubt it seriously.

Whether the AD is leaning on the club level seat owners to fund the deficit in lower bowl seating is up for debate. As a buyer of both club and steerage seats, my total donation to the department is less than in the past five years when I funded my 5-year stadium commitment. But part of that is buying fewer tickets now that my kid goes to North Texas. 

We have a revenue decline, both in fewer tickets sold and as the timing of the funding campaign has ended. This was a smart transition to seek additional funds from those already inspired to give. Those that can and want to will carry on, and those that don't won't. If you stuck around through the last couple of years, I would think a new coach/staff/philosophy would inspire enough hope and excitement to keep going for most folks.

GMG

How many times can you sell "the new guy will take us to the promised land." They should have waited for some evidence of proof that this could happen. 

If you had an AD that was a capable fundraiser and coach hirer, UNT wouldn't need to raise club seat prices because of a much higher donation level, but they would be able to anyway because success on the football field would have all of is clamoring for the opportunity to keep our seats and pay for a good product. See University of Houston. 

If anyone asks me about club seats, I will honestly tell them I wouldn't purchase them until the UNT administration showed the sake commitment to athletics that that person would be willing to make with club seats. So far, the UNT administration is sitting in the Wing Zone mainly with free tickets given to them at a tailgate.

3 hours ago, KRAM1 said:

Exactly why I chatted with him about it....thought he had a suite not Club Seats.   He indicated that he was referring to another poster with his comments.  I could not see him giving up his suite.

Wrong again.  I would love to see numbers released.  My guess is that we would see pretty flat numbers in both the Club area and bowl.  With new purchasers negating most losses.  Not a good situation.  We need to grow numbers, not keep them flat or decrease them.  You do need to stop trying to figure out what I would like or not.....your record is not good.

Easy to say when you know it will NEVER happen, because it never has.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

2 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

If anyone asks me about club seats, I will honestly tell them I wouldn't purchase them until the UNT administration showed the sake commitment to athletics that that person would be willing to make with club seats. So far, the UNT administration is sitting in the Wing Zone mainly with free tickets given to them at a tailgate.

Yes, because building the stadium, hiring littrell,  harrell and company obviously shows a lack of commitment to football. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

22 minutes ago, flyonthewall said:

Yes, because building the stadium, hiring littrell,  harrell and company obviously shows a lack of commitment to football. 

Litrell is 0-0 and a P5 assistant that no one has any idea if he can be successful at the most challenging G5 job in America. 

Harrell has 2 years coaching experience. He may be great. He may be Ramon Flanagan or much worse. No one knows. 

To say anything else is falling for the same BS lines that were issued after Dan McCarney was hired. 

UNT didn't raise all the funds for the stadium. The stadium wouldn't have been built without student funding. If that vote, which RV had very little to do with (thank God), had failed, that stadium never happens. I believe many in the UNT administration were shocked and disappointed at the results.

That isn't a commitment. Firing Benford after year one when anyone who had a gram of basketball knowledge knew he was a terrible coach who had no idea what he was doing would be a commitment. Commitment is not letting an AD whose hires in the 3 major sports the last 10 years have a 155-303 (or there abouts) record hang around until retirement because he stays in budget. Commitment isn't whoring your football players EVERY year to stay in budget. Sometimes TWICE a year.

The UNT administration is putting in wing zone effort into UNT athletics. Just like they always have. Why should fans put in more?

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 5

19 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

Litrell is 0-0 and a P5 assistant that no one has any idea if he can be successful at the most challenging G5 job in America. 

Harrell has 2 years coaching experience. He may be great. He may be Ramon Flanagan or much worse. No one knows. 

To say anything else is falling for the same BS lines that were issued after Dan McCarney was hired. 

UNT didn't raise all the funds for the stadium. The stadium wouldn't have been built without student funding. If that vote, which RV had very little to do with (thank God), had failed, that stadium never happens. I believe many in the UNT administration were shocked and disappointed at the results.

That isn't a commitment. Firing Benford after year one when anyone who had a gram of basketball knowledge knew he was a terrible coach who had no idea what he was doing would be a commitment. Commitment is not letting an AD whose hires in the 3 major sports the last 10 years have a 155-303 (or there abouts) record hang around until retirement because he stays in budget. Commitment isn't whoring your football players EVERY year to stay in budget. Sometimes TWICE a year.

The UNT administration is putting in wing zone effort into UNT athletics. Just like they always have. Why should fans put in more?

The stadium would not have happened without the student vote,  and our money combined, but you know that jackass,  but you know that......

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Just now, flyonthewall said:

The stadium would not have happened without the student vote,  and our money combined, but you know that jackass,  but you know that......

Ah, the name calling again. 

Try and have a conversation without it.

And we were promised so much more with that purchase. Concerts. Better home games (and have actually gotten worse). 

None of it was true. But that's what this AD does. 

Overpromise and under deliver. Every time. 

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 7

18 minutes ago, flyonthewall said:

When you had my shoelaces coming out of rv's butt, you permanently became jackass.  You crossed the line.   When you start referring to me as my real name, I will refrain  from jackass, jackass 

Struck a nerve, eh? 

Dont think it would bother you so much if there wasn't a little something to it...

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 5