The Eagle's Vest (There Should Be Sandwiches For Everyone Thread)

40 minutes ago, Censored by Laurie said:

a modest proposal...with @UNTLifer's well-thought out rant serving as the 10 6 commandments, I propose an all encompassing thread dedicated solely to the evisceration of Rick Villareal and all things Athletic Department.

I see commandment 4 is solely concerning Denny Kalk. If this goes through, is this simply a matter of respect or do we now have to offer him tributes as part of our new religion? I'd also love to see the full transcript of what @UNTLifer typed and deleted before settling on these words, but I have a feeling he will be silenced before that happens.

3 minutes ago, Eagle-96 said:

We wouldn't have to have a separate forum if RV kept his promises. Why is he trying to divide us? Fix this Sidway!

+1 FC Dallas game recap

• Upvote 3

20 minutes ago, Quoner said:

I see commandment 4 is solely concerning Denny Kalk. If this goes through, is this simply a matter of respect or do we now have to offer him tributes as part of our new religion? I'd also love to see the full transcript of what @UNTLifer typed and deleted before settling on these words, but I have a feeling he will be silenced before that happens.

+1 FC Dallas game recap

I mean, as with everything Eagle's Nest, I would imagine the Eagle's Vest will become very binary and polarized...this particular donor proving no exception as you'll have those who take the @KRAM1 approach of deeming him "just some guy in San Antonio" pitted against his more ardent followers and supporters...the Kalk Bloc, if you will. 

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

47 minutes ago, Censored by Laurie said:

I mean, as with everything Eagle's Nest, I would imagine the Eagle's Vest will become very binary and polarized...this particular donor proving no exception as you'll have those who take the @KRAM1 approach of deeming him "just some guy in San Antonio" pitted against his more ardent followers and supporters...the Kalk Bloc, if you will. 

"He was a great donor - we just don't believe he was the chosen donor and the results have proven he's no Messiah. We believe that donor has yet to appear, but the new leadership is laying the groundwork for His coming."

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

Lifetime ban?    

z2fhZOL.jpg

I'll let the vote decide...

But the time and money that so many will invest...

6 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

Lifetime ban?    

z2fhZOL.jpg

I'll let the vote decide...

But, I shall not be divested without some sort of strongly worded letter

• Upvote 1

for the sake of your convenience, I've attached all of the threads that about half-dozen (that's like one-third of 17!!!) or so of you have managed to get locked just in the month of February (it's the shortest damn month, folks!) and the main culprits in their locking.  

Munthe v. UNT90

KRAM v. UNT90

Wag Tag/Lifer v. UNT90

Deep Green (ironically?)

UNT9O v. UNT90

Munthe v. Cerebus...I guess...this was a weird one

UNT90 all by himself

• Upvote 5

Can't you guys just give the old Tina Yother site to 90 to let him, you know, blog oughts-style about his innermost RV feelings? 

If anyone ever really cares, they can just go there and add "comments" at the bottom on the blog posts.  And, they will both, you know, be reaffirming each other in a way that we don't have to see here so we can get back to proper discussions of helmet logos, the next round of changing the shade of green, and how quickly Derek Thompson will be eligible for the Hall of Fame.

It's the next logical step: 
(1) Say there's going to be a space program
(2) Get a space program
(3) Land on the moon
(4) Give 90 the keys to the Tina Yothers site

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, GreenTexan13 said:

Then we should harvest what parts of the thread are worth salvageable and then put the rest away under the thread gravestones of GMG.com.

Behold! Let not our follies nor our generally mercurial nature make a travesty of the situation.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, flyonthewall said:

First of all, I need to have my left hip replaced, so unless it is some fancy smancy function that I need to wear lace ups, the shoes just slip on.  I thought about velcro but apparently colehaan or Donald pliner don't make those, and my wife won't let me wear shoes that are purchased at a pharmacy.   So it is physically impossible for my shoelaces to be sticking out of rv's butt.

This is why this line of rhetoric is not only insulting,  but it is just a bald faced lie, much like many other frustrating bald faced lies.

My name is David Anderson.  I love north texas, and I sell floors and countertops.  Hate me on gmg.com, but like me on facebook.

You sell countertops, you say...

#FocusingOnTheWrongPart

But seriously...

Edited by Tyler Maryak

22 minutes ago, flyonthewall said:

First of all, I need to have my left hip replaced, so unless it is some fancy smancy function that I need to wear lace ups, the shoes just slip on.  I thought about velcro but apparently colehaan or Donald pliner don't make those, and my wife won't let me wear shoes that are purchased at a pharmacy.   So it is physically impossible for my shoelaces to be sticking out of rv's butt.

This is why this line of rhetoric is not only insulting,  but it is just a bald faced lie, much like many other frustrating bald faced lies.

My name is David Anderson.  I love north texas, and I sell floors and countertops.  Hate me on gmg.com, but like me on facebook.

I know that Anderson is a very common name, but just out of idle curiosity, are you related to the Billy Anderson that spent one year (68) as Steve Ramsey's back-up?