FIRST 300 TICKETS PURCHASED RECEIVE MAVS/UNT Themed Logo Hat!

Harry

download?mid=2%5f0%5f0%5f1%5f118956705%5

The Mavs are having a UNT College Spirit Night Tue. Mar. 1st vs. Tue. Orlando Magic at 7:30pm please see details below and attached.

FIRST 300 TICKETS PURCHASED RECEIVE THE MAVS/UNT Themed Logo Hat.

CLICK ON LINK BELOW FOR TICKETS AND MORE INFO:

http://on.mavs.com/untspirit1516

Ticket Prices Are:

300 Upper Level

Price code Y is $25 per ticket

Price code X is $34 per ticket

Price code W is $45 per ticket

200 Platinum Level

Price code S is $70 per ticket

100 Lower Level

Price code L is $70 per ticket

Get to the Ranger game when gates open.  There was a huge UNT turnout last year.  Bigger than any other university night.  Once again we missed out on a marketing opportunity.  I saw thousands of people standing in line to get a UNT hat that I have never noticed at a football or basketball game.  Maybe this year we will give out ticket vouchers along with the hats.

they ran out of UNT hats last year.  I had several people offer to buy mine so they could have one.  Again get there early.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, curtisdaa said:

Get to the Ranger game when gates open.  There was a huge UNT turnout last year.  Bigger than any other university night.  Once again we missed out on a marketing opportunity.  I saw thousands of people standing in line to get a UNT hat that I have never noticed at a football or basketball game.  Maybe this year we will give out ticket vouchers along with the hats.

they ran out of UNT hats last year.  I had several people offer to buy mine so they could have one.  Again get there early.

I'm pretty sure you need to have permission to hawk anything, even some as simple as a season tickets brochure.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, curtisdaa said:

I remember Taryn Houghton from the Mean Green Club walking up and down the line handing out little schedule brochures.

• Upvote 1

On February 23, 2016 at 5:03 PM, untcampbell said:

There was a table set up with literature. Mike Smith and others were there. Don't think we gave away any freebies, but our folks were there to talk NT spurts.

*Dan, you still in the US?

GMG

Just got residents visas approved.  We leave the middle of June.  Allows me to work the first 33 Ranger games and be gone before the political conventions.  

• Upvote 1

This was a great time, but I wish more would've attended.  I talked to Cory when I picked up my hat and he said he wanted to get 300 to attend....I believe the number was in the 130's.  Smfh.  We can't get 300 people to attend a UNT night at a Mav game?  The lack of support from the alum in the area is ridiculous.

1 hour ago, Green Crazy said:

This was a great time, but I wish more would've attended.  I talked to Cory when I picked up my hat and he said he wanted to get 300 to attend....I believe the number was in the 130's.  Smfh.  We can't get 300 people to attend a UNT night at a Mav game?  The lack of support from the alum in the area is ridiculous.

Because so few people are proud of anything North Texas.  It's pretty easy to understand..  Not saying I like it.  But that's just how it is right now.  

Rick

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5

On 2/24/2016 at 8:33 PM, GangGreen said:

Can I get one with a Spurs logo instead?

GET OUT.

I was in attendance. The hat's alright to me, I'll still sport it proudly. I also enjoyed the fact that it was free T-shirt night and the shirts are A+ (and also green!). For the cherry on top, my girlfriend bought herself a jersey at the team store and I guess you get a free basketball when you spend a certain amount or buy a jersey? But we got one! Great promotion!

And the Mavs won, so that's great. They're averaging 125 PPG in the four wins on this homestand.

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, FirefightnRick said:

Because so few people are proud of anything North Texas.  It's pretty easy to understand..  Not saying I like it.  But that's just how it is right now.  

Rick

Then explain why at least 2000 people showed up for the UNT baseball night sponsored by the Rangers.  2000 hats were given away and there were still more people in line when the hats ran out.  You might be able to draw conclusions based on the popularity of Mavs basketball vs Rangers baseball or the differences in price of Mavs basketball vs Rangers baseball.  But 130 fans vs over 2000 fans doesn't say anything definitive about UNT pride or lack thereof.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

10 minutes ago, MeanGreenDadx2 said:

Then explain why at least 2000 people showed up for the UNT baseball night sponsored by the Rangers.  2000 hats were given away and there were still more people in line when the hats ran out.  You might be able to draw conclusions based on the popularity of Mavs basketball vs Rangers baseball or the differences in price of Mavs basketball vs Rangers baseball.  But 130 fans vs over 2000 fans doesn't say anything definitive about UNT pride or lack thereof.

Just a guess...

1. They gave 2000 hats away... Not 2000 hats away to 2000 Mean Green fans.  People love the free stuff regardless of what team it is.

2.  It was in July...months before 66-7 to Portland state enroute to 1-11 in football.... and months before the Benfords go 9-18 in basketball.

Rick

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 5

I think the college nights are also more popular at the Ranger games because there are more colleges involved. Not sure what other schools participated with the Mavericks if any at all, but you can probably say the majority of students are Mavericks fans at UNT, TCU, SMU, and UTA only. I think there a lot more Rangers fans in Texas versus Astros fans. However, the Mavericks would be lucky to be #2 in Texas with the Rockets. Unfortunately, the Spurs have the biggest piece of the Texas pie (or steak).

5 hours ago, Green Crazy said:

I'll pull something out of my ass and hope there is something to it, because it is not as negative as Rick's posts:

The pure volume difference is staggering.  When you make 300 freebees available to an alumni base that is in the hundreds of thousands, how many people are going to actually bother? Compared to an opportunity to get a freebee that is being offered nearly 7x over...the latter seems more enticing because you have much better odds of getting something.

Maybe there is a retail/marketing guru perusing this thread that confirm  or deny any psychology to this reason...or whether I just wasted 60 seconds of your time.  At a bare minimum, I hope you enjoyed the last 60 seconds compared to a UNT90 post lol.

• Downvote 1